Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

4.1

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 2/5/2014 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

(Edited)
I have very oily skin and it gets clogged very easily. This powder doesn't break me out, nor clogs my pores, which I absolutely love. I use the shade Cremy Natural and it's a teeny, tiny bit light for my light/medium skintone, but it's nothing I can't work with. This powder provides a medium coverage (leaning towards the lighter side of medium coverage). It covers quite well most of my few hyperpigmentation spots caused by acne scarring. I wouldn't say it covers really red or dark spots- I still use concealer on top of very dark or red spots. The consistency of this powder is very soft, BUT it's so soft that the powder goes absolutely EVERYWHERE if you're not careful. I apply it with a powder brush and I have to just tap the brush into the product, not rub it because otherwise it goes everywhere and you end up loosing a lot of the product. I like my skin to look as natural as possible, and with a light touch, this powder does look very natural, but if you keep applying too much it can look quite cakey and it becomes quite noticeable that you have makeup on.

I wouldn't say it controls shine, at all. In fact I think I look shinier than with my other powders, but that's not that big of an issue for me, I just blot the excess shine and I'm good to go. The packaging is a little bit too bulky for my taste, but that's not a big deal to me either. I'd say that the price is quite high for a drugstore powder (about $13.95). And I don't like the fact that I can only find this at CVS. Other than that, I think the product is quite good and will probably repurchase.

on 11/23/2013 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used a lot of brands in mineral foundations but this is one of the best. Although, I have used BE for many years, I was not happy with the color selection. The shades are either too yellow or too pink, even in the neutral category. I am somewhat NC30 but not as yellow. I use Buff Beige which is the exact match for me. The other great benefit to this is that it lasts on my skin for hours. I have to use a primer for BE but I don't need one for this. I would say that this is a great product for people with oily skin. Also, your brush has to be made for minerals unless the whole product goes to waste. Highly recommended!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really love this powder. I have very oily and acne prone skin. I bought this powder in the mineral kit in light found at walmart for about $20 and I decided to try it out. The mineral kit comes with a mineral wear face powder, mineral blush, and a finishing veil (which I absolutely love). The mineral powder I got was in creamy natural. It is a bit pinkish in undertone but it is pretty light so I just lightly sweep it over my T-zone. I have a yellow undertone (NC20-25) The coverage is buildable from light to medium. I tend to just use this to set my makeup especially if I need a little bit more coverage. I highly recommend for those oily skinned girls. I am tempted to try the translucent colors but looking at the other reviews, it tends to be for the lighter skinned girls. I usually get super oily within two hours without setting my makeup with a powder but this helps my face stay matte for about 6 hours!!! LOVE IT, ULTA and CVS was doing a 40% sale recently. I am not sure if it is still going on. I will definitely repurchase when I am out of powder :D

on 12/21/2011 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

wowwwwwwwwwzerzzzz! best mineral makeup everrrr! ive tried quite a few but nothing compares to this!

PROS:
-absorbs oil very well
-A mineral makeup that actually stays put
-coverage is amazing for a mineral foundation
-get a lot of compliments when using this product
-Does not oxidize
-Contains a form of s p f or titanium dioxide
-has a beautiful semi matte finish
-packaging is convenient and sleek

CONS:
-tends to separate and oily areas
-frequent touch ups but I don't mind

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hands down, holy grail powder. I have oily skin but I am in my mid 30's, so I need something that doesn't settle into fine lines and make you look older while controlling oil. After using numerous powders, this worked the best. A little pricey for drug store, but totally worth it. No break outs or irritation either! Plus, like that it is natural.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is overall pretty good for drugstore. Good matte finish when you put it on. Good coverage aside from hiding major acne scars which it did not whatsoever.

However, I am pretty sure this made me break out in severe cystic acne over the course of wearing it every day. Which blows.

Also, I got pretty oily wearing this product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I usually don't wear foundation but when I do I use this as my foundation. I apply with the Ecotools travel kabuki over Guerlain Meteorites balls in Mythic. People tell me my skin is glowing and want to know why it looks so perfect. It looks so natural while doing a great job of covering my redness too and no other makeup has been able to cover my redness without looking thick/heavy. I'm really pale and have been using the Translucent but I'm going to look for the lighter color which would be a better match since this one makes me look like I have a tan. The package kind of sucks but I use it to my advantage by using the bottom compartment to keep some Clean&clear oil absorbing sheets in there. I blot my oil with the sheets and then if I need some more powder I lightly dust some on with my Ecotools kabuki.

EDIT: 3/11
I've been using this in Translucent Light and the color match is much better.

EDIT 8.11
Somehow I was able to get a tan (which pale me thought was impossible) and I found Translucent to be a better match until the tan faded. So I'll be using Translucent Light most of the time and if I ever get a tan again I'll just switch to Translucent till it fades away. I recommend keeping 2 colors and alternate them depending on the season if your skin gets darker/lighter throughout the year.

on 9/10/2009 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HG mineral makeup for me, and the fact that it's a drugstore brand makes it all the better!

Due to my extremely oily skin, I've been doing the mineral makeup thing for about ten years now. Early on, I ordered it online from small indie cosmetic companies like Canary Cosmetics. Over the last ten years, I've tried them all. I strongly prefer a pressed-powder formulation because life is messy enough without all that billowing makeup covering everything.

Most recently, I'd been favoring PurMinerals pressed minerals and shelling out the approximately $25 USD plus shipping for it. I noticed this Physicians Formula foundation (and blush) on a sale endcap at Target and figured I could use it as a purse backup.

Was I surprised when I found myself favoring the Physicians Formula over the PurMinerals! While both are highly recommended as far as I'm concerned, I find that the PE has a lovely light feel on the face and flattering color for my very fair skin. The blush formulations are also very nice, BTW.

I'm so glad I took a chance - love those Target endcap items!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

*very good colour that disappears into my skin, I am Latina so my skin has warm golden undertones and this buff beige colour is perfect, but only when I wear it when I crush it into loose powder because then all the pigments blend together
* Does not cause me any more breakouts than usual
* there is lots of powder so it lasts a long time before I have to get a new one
* decent coverage that easily buidable, but isnt anything special at concealing redness or zits. have to use multiple brushes for that
* Decent shine control for extremely shiny skin, but only for a couple of hours

Cons: * I absolutely HATE the packaging, inept brush and bulky inconvient compact that breaks with the slightest fall. I rectified this problem by crushing the powder into a loose powder form and I placed it in an empty mineral makeup jar. I also apply this using a kabuki brush and my application is flawless. However I dislike the fact that I have to do this fussy crushing process everytime I buy a new one.
* cost- around $20 Canadian, I'm in high school and that can be a bother, occasionally SDM has it on sale for $12.50 though

on 4/10/2007 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like how it evens out my skin tone without looking made-up. It's silky and light. However, I still have to blot once every 3-4 hours, so twice a day, to banish the shine off my very oily acne-prone skin. I don't like how the packaging has the holes in the bottom, I think it can make the brush dirty with bacterias and germs from the countertop or from inside the purse.. bad for acne! So I cover it with a tape duct.