Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

3.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I am always looking for a talc free powder (talc makes me itch) with coverage that sets foundation and control oil. I was really hoping this one would be it but alas, it was not. I got this is in translucent light which strangely looks lighter then the translucent shade. It's surprisingly heavy coverage and gets cakey really fast. So I apply a small amount and buff it in and my skin looks flawless. But...I'm an oil slick within an hour and I can't powder it down. I look soooooo shiny. So sadly, this is getting returned.

on 6/2/2017 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've never really been a powder girl, it always tends to break up on me and look weird. But I tried this on a whim, in Translucent. This is NOT a setting powder at all. It's got a good medium coverage, even in Translucent. I put it over a moisterizer with sunscreen and it held up. It's very close to my skin, but better! The brush that came with it is useless and I use a sponge, then buff out with a kabuki brush. It lasts a good four hours on me and then just seems to fade away with some shine breakthrough. But it doesn't break down, oxidize, or streak on me.

on 2/16/2017 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this stuff for a long time. Probably since highschool... and I like it alot. It has almost medium coverage I would say and the colour translucent is a decent enough match for my skin. I like that I can wear it for an extended period of time and not worry about it causing breakouts to my VERY acne prone skin. I also find it doesnt become as shiny on my skin as some mineral powders do. What i dont like is that it applies quite powdery looking and I have to work to make it look good. And it clings to any dryness like crazy. I do think there are probably better mineral powders out there but this is a good standby while I try and find my HG

on 10/28/2016 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this powder a lot because it doesn't break me out. It's talc and silicone free which is so difficult to find in foundations.
It covers my redness well but not my spots and acne scars so I would say this gives light to medium coverage (leaning more towards light). However, whilst it does an excellent job of taking away shine, it can be very drying so be careful of using it around the eye area. My one major gripe though (which may stop me from repurchasing) is that the foundation is too dark for my skin, oxidises and turn orange. My face actually looks orange and darker than the colour of my neck. I use translucent light (which is the lightest shade) but unfortunately it is still not light enough :(

Pros:
- talc free and silicone free (yay!), doesn't break me out
- covers redness well
- fantastic at reducing shine and oil
- very natural looking and un-cakey (if it wasn't for the shade difference, I wouldn't be able to tell I'm wearing makeup)
- SPF

Cons:
- the shade translucent light is too dark and orange for my skin (perhaps I could use this as a bronzer?)
- drying when used over time
- oxidises
- doesn't provide acne-prone skin enough coverage (definitely need to follow up with concealer)

on 10/23/2015 12:13:00 AM

I spent hours reading the reviews of this and was super excited to try it...but ended up being pretty bummed with the results.
At first, I tried it in the color "translucent". I don't consider myself very tan, actually I would say fair skinned with golden undertones but then again I do live in California, so there's that. Anyway, this way just too white for my face. Coverage was nice, but gave me a ghostly like appearance that no amount of bronzer could fix (I bought the bronzer from the same line, which was okay but not as great as the $4 NYC bronzer I usually buy).
So I kept the translucent hoping that I can maybe use it in winter, and went back to CVS and bought the only other color they have, which is "beige".
This one just didn't seem to have the same coverage as the translucent does. It came out rather spotty and streaky, and just didn't match my skin tone correctly either. Pretty bummed and in my opinion these are WAY overpriced.
Packaging was pretty bulky too - and not a fan of the bright blue compact it comes in. Meh.
I returned the beige to CVS and will try the translucent again in winter to see if it matches my skin a little better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I picked this up a few years ago and used it occasionally to set my liquid foundation. However, I got tired of putting on a full face of makeup everyday. After looking through my makeup collection without much luck, I once again happened across this powder. I'm so glad I did! I use this on its own for a medium build-able coverage foundation. I have oily skin, and this mattifys without looking powdery. I also find that I can go an entire day with this on my face, I just need to blot a few times. I highly recommend this product, and although it is a little expensive, physicians formula often does 40% off.

I just bought this last night in the kit with the blush and the translucent matte powder. I used to have really bad acne and I have some clogged pores I'm trying to clear up and some acne scars so I bought this to give my skin a break from heavy foundations. I just put it on to go shopping and I was beyond impressed. The coverage is great for a powder foundation. It doesn't feel heavy and I like that it has minimal ingredients to prevent breakouts. It even has a handy mirror and brush compartment. For anyone who wants powder foundation I highly recommend this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

(For reference, my skin colour is N3 in the L'oreal True Match line. I have an oily T-zone and dry patches which are more prominent in winter time.) I started using this product last year because I was looking for a replacement for liquid foundation for daily wear. I got the shade Buff Beige at first and I liked the product. I would first apply concealer under my eyes first and then I applied this powder with a normal makeup sponge. I would start to apply it by patting it in areas that needed more coverage. So my nose, and my chin and so on. After application, my face looked matte but quite natural! I also noticed that it reduced the appearance of pores on my nose. It does cover redness but to a certain extent. If you have lots of redness, I suggest using a concealer or layering the powder to cover it. I really like the coverage because it is medium coverage but build-able. However, the colour match was not good for me. It was way too pink and dark for my skin tone. But I didn't want to waste the product so I tried to make it work. I couldn't FULLY finish it before I trying out another colour since I was so unhappy with Buff Beige. So I got the shade Translucent, which is not actually translucent. It's a perfect match for my skin tone. I did notice that the Buff Beige shade had more coverage than Translucent. I would consider Translucent to be low coverage but also build-able. Overall, this powder does not last for a long time on my skin throughout the day. I would say about 4-5 hours. I don't re-apply it or ever touch up make-up throughout the day so I'm sure if I re-applied once I would be good to go. I'm really glad I don't wear liquid foundation on a daily basis anymore. This is perfect and it takes me under a minute to apply (I actually timed it)! My skin does look better, however that is probably due to a change in my skincare habits. But what's important is that this did not cause me to breakout! Yay! I would repurchase it again but I'm dying to branch out and discover the rest of the powder foundation world.

I absolutely love this powder. I apply it with a Real Techniques powder brush and it just applies beautifully. I do agree that it does kick up a bit of powder, but I've used loose powders in the past so that doesn't bother me at all. I hate wearing foundation so I've been on a long search for a good powder and I finally found it. Also, I have very oily skin and this is the only powder that keeps it at bay. The coverage is very nice. It's not too cakey bc of how I apply it, but it definitely does provide decent coverage. Definitely holy grail and will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this pressed powder. I have it in "translucent", but it definitely has some color to it, especially if you apply it with a kabuki brush like I do. However, it works for my NC25 skin. I love how natural it looks. It keeps my skin matte way longer than most powders. It also feels light and gentle on my skin. My pores seem to not clog as easily when I use this. It also doesn't oxidize. The only thing I really don't like about it is how much powder gets kicked up when you run a brush across it. Overall, I plan on hoarding a bunch of these. The only thing I've found that I like better is Too Faced Amazing Face powder foundation, but it's way more expensive.