Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 4/26/2015 12:19:00 PM

I really really like this powder foundation!

PROS:
TALC FREE
LIGHTWEIGHT
MEDIUM COVERAGE
HOLDS UP WELL OVER TIME
GOOD FOR COMBO SKIN
DRUGSTORE CONVENIENT
STILL LOOKS LIKE SKIN

CONS:
SMALL SHADE RANGE (3 COLORS)
CAN GET DUSTY
HAVE TO PREP SKIN IF DRY

***ABOUT MY SKIN/MY THOUGHTS:
I am about an NW15/NC15 in MAC and I wear the translucent shade of this powder. I have moderate dry flakey skin on sides of my nose but can have combo skin on my face next to nose and chin when it's warmer weather. I feel like this powder really blends into my skin way better than any liquid form of foundation I've tried. My all time fave liquid foundation is Tarte amazonian clay 12 hour full coverage in the squeeze tube. I love that stuff!! That foundation is a bit thick when out of the tube but can be sheered out beautifully. It's hard for me to find a foundation that works on my combo skin and dry patches. I have to constantly exfoliate my nose and moisturize a lot. The PF powder foundation is my HG summer foundation at the moment and I love love love that it's from the drugstore! It provides pretty great coverage (very good medium) and seems to last a good 6-8 hours or more if not in crazy heat. I will definitely repurchase this and use during the summer. It can get a little powdery n dusty if u pat a brush too hard into the compact but will not prevent me from using. Definitely give it a try end if u have dry skin....which I know using a powder on dry skin is a no no. Just exfoliate well and use a face oil or good moisturizer a few mins before applying. I love how light it feels and is never tacky feeling like liquids can be. I use the Cetaphil moisturizer, then bare minerals primer (original) and the loreal miracle blur to fill in pores n fine lines. Then I use the PH powder foundation all over. Then i set with Urban Decay all nighter setting spray since it is a powder. I also use Maybeline instant age rewind eraser under eyes & on small imperfections to conseal before applying the powder. This is my GO TO FOUNDATION ROUTINE.

on 10/27/2014 11:03:00 AM

I love this product, if only it matched me better! I'm fair with olive undertones, so it's extremely difficult for me to find a match in ANY brand. The color match is the only reason I knocked it down a Lilppie. The coverage is pretty good, medium full. But I don't buff on very much. I have combination skin, dry texture but accumulates a lot of t-zone oil throughout the day. This, even when I buff it, doesn't accentuate dry skin- unless I'm peeling which any foundation would show- and it control oil pretty well. I do find it turns almost creamy around my nostrils, but that's after 7 hours of wear! I use translucent and creamy natural, depending in whether or not my base makeup is too light/ dark. I use this over my Almay clear complexion foundation and my PF talc free mineral loose powder, and I still don't look cakey. I even feel like my skin is MORE smooth when I take this off.

on 1/28/2014 11:04:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I use this product now! I actually bought the set, which included the face powder/blush/bronzer. I love these powders. It doesn't cake on your face and it brightens up my skin. I don't feel like I'm wearing 10 pounds of make up and this makes you look beautiful while looking natural which is hard when you have to wear makeup. I would definitely in a heart beat buy this product again I use this every day.

This is one of my favorite products. It is light and natural looking on my skin. I use this as my bronzer and I use this in the Sand Beige finish. I have dry, acne prone skin and this keeps me looking fresh and flawless. The packaging is a bit bulky for me since I never use the build in brush it comes with but the mirror is a nice feature. I find this product in most CVS stores.

on 12/8/2013 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

i use this with a cirley sponge . it gives me greatttt coverage medium buildable does nottt get cakey so you can pack it onnn .veryy impressed it is my HG . i tried so many powders and this tops them allllll . i have dry skin but works so good with me . alll you need to do it moiusterize and prime . stays on for around 6 hours then starts to fade. no smell yay! . its lasted me about 2 and a half months before i saw pan peaking through. great product worth the price but better with coupon. :D definatley recomend it i use it in buff beige perect match . repurchasingg!

This is a great powder. I use this powder over top liquid foundation to set it, and also on it's own with concealer if I'm just running out of the house for errands or something. It provides good coverage for a powder and is velvety soft, and gives the face. A luminous finish without looking too Dewey or oily, which I absolutley love. This finish is really similar to the mac mineralize skininish natural, except I feel the physicians formulas has better coverage. Overall really decent powder, the only thing is I have had it for about two months and I use it interchaneably with my mac but I have already hit a huge amount of the pan. This powder goes really fast, almost twice as fast as the mac, and at half the price it equals out to them being pretty comparable.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Have gone through a couple of these and I am planning on buying this again. If complete 100% coverage is what you're looking for, don't wear this alone.
However, for me, it is everything I love in one product. MINERALS. ALL NATURAL.Organic. No funky smells. Not too powdery. Not too loose, and not too pressed: easy to get product on your brush. SPF which I so desperately needed for summer! Everyone needs it, and this is so easy to just sweep on. It actually has very good coverage for a powder, the best out of all drugstore brands. All Physicians Formula products are great. Sometimes I just wear it alone. Will never break you out even if you are acne-prone, in fact I'm pretty sure my skin has been less of a pain since using it. The powder makes me look airbrushed/flawless. The brush that comes with it isn't too bad, it's pretty dense and good for applying. Buildable as well for sheer to medium coverage, you can make the powder pretty heavy, but it never gets cakey which makes me love it even more.
Overall, awesome all-natural powder with SPF, takes me under a minute to apply, very good value for $13, has a silky/cashmere feel, good coverage especially for a powder. Would HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is really fine powder, it gets ALL over with the touch of any brush. it is very messy & the brush it comes with is useless. The packaging is bulky like others are saying.

I bought this because i wanted to try a powder ss just to dust on over my regular one. Well, that was pretty pointless because powder just isn't for me.

I bought translucent, and it did not give my face a weird tint after the day. It looked natural with a light dusting on my face.

I would not buy this again, and am going to return it once i have time because i have no need for this type of product.

If you like face powders & want some ss protection -> this is for you.

This mineral wear (along with the finishing powder that goes over it) looks very nice, natural and light. If you have blemishes make sure you cover them up with concealer first because the make up doesn't cover them up really well. It does really help with uneven skin tones. It is also really quick to put on. I like the natural looking makeup and this is one of the ones that I wear the most.

on 1/3/2011 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

A great product.
feels really light and gives a natural finish.
Blends in very well.
however the coverage is very light and it is very expensive for a drugstore brand. AUD$28. I probably can find a better powder at a cheaper price but still its not bad.