Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

4.3

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I get this in translucent light (from Ulta). This offers light to medium coverage and can be used in lieu of foundation. The biggest plus is the mineral sunscreen. It's only SPF 16, but I use it to top off my SPF 30 moisturizer. It gets cakey if you use it over foundation or over-apply. I will repurchase. Pretty good stuff at a reasonable price.

on 11/1/2007 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Okay, the loose PF Powder has become my absolute HG foundation (I am in love with the stuff), but I can never remember to take it with me, so I picked up a compact of the pressed powder to keep in my purse for touchups.

Love the powder, hate the brush and packaging (not that this is any different from the loose powder, which I promptly put in a small sifter jar). Works much better with a soft kabuki or my retractable powder brush if I'm out and about...I will probably toss the included brush and replace it with a round sponge for serious coverage if needed. Wish the mirror was in the top of the compact, it's pretty useless tucked under the powder like it is, so I can see myself never using the mirror. If PF would just lose the cute packaging, I'd be in heaven...but their stuff is really hard to pack because of the wacky packaging.

For me, it's messier than the loose powder, especially if you try to use the little brush, because it just scrapes off the powder and it flies everywhere. No matter...love the loose powder as foundation, and will probably like this just as well for keeping in my purse.

on 1/22/2006 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I adore this powder! It offers sheer to medium coverage, isn't cakey or chalky, blends nicely, and is easy to apply.

My two gripes about this are the brush and the compact itself.

The brush is a joke. It's small, rough, hard to hold, and it sheds like a Sheepdog in the heat of summer. I don't even suggest using it for touch-ups, since the rough texture causes it to scrape up too much powder and causes a big mess.

The compact is such a pain, I can't even take it in my purse for touch-ups. Instead of putting the mirror in the top of the lid like normal compacts, they put it in the storage area where the brush/sponge goes. So, I have to collect the powder on my brush, then flip the compact to see what I'm doing. This causes all of the powder that has come loose from the pressed part to be dumped everywhere.

The quality of the product is worth the downfalls, though. I have a few mineral powders, and this is my favorite by far.

continued >>