Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

Rediscovered this after getting tired of my loose mineral foundation getting everywhere. I decided to try this again because of it's short ingredient list. Wasn't expecting much but am pleasantly surprised. My skin has been behaving itself lately (for the most part) so I am mainly looking for something to go over my sunscreen and give me a more finished look with some coverage. This has been great so far, and no breakouts. I do use concealer under eyes and for any problem areas. It's been a few weeks and so far so good, but will update in the fall to see if I am still happy with it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I am always looking for a talc free powder (talc makes me itch) with coverage that sets foundation and control oil. I was really hoping this one would be it but alas, it was not. I got this is in translucent light which strangely looks lighter then the translucent shade. It's surprisingly heavy coverage and gets cakey really fast. So I apply a small amount and buff it in and my skin looks flawless. But...I'm an oil slick within an hour and I can't powder it down. I look soooooo shiny. So sadly, this is getting returned.

on 8/3/2017 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Pros
Pigmented
Natural finish (not powder, looks like a second skin)
Doesn't clog pores

Cons
Bad packaging
The little brush they give you is terrible! Use a puff instead. This is a product you want to push into the skin, not dust on top (i.e. Elf HD setting powder).

I'm NW10 and use the shade Translucent Light. This doesn't make my bad hormonal acne any worse but it's not like it can fix it either. Since my skin is acne prone it can be difficult to get a powder that absorbs oil but doesn't dry me out, this is the ticket. It really softens the look of my skin and keeps me matte but fresh. It doesn't bunch up on my nose The product itself is so soft to the touch and feels fairly light on the skin. I wear it on my plain skin and it looks like my face is soft but makeup free, and if you wear it over foundation (I use rimmel 25 hour) it has a really airbrushed effect, and still sets the makeup in place. I haven't had the issue with layering like other reviewers have, but I apply my foundation differently than most glam girls or makeup addicts.

edit: adding to my review, i was wrong about the longevity. it lasts in hot humidity fine as long as you aren't really sweaty. the powder takes on a really glowing texture and still looks NATURAL rather than completely matte. The texture on your skin will be sticky (b/c sweat) but it will LOOK OKAY. This feature is important to me because I have combo skin and want my face to look fluid. A+

on 6/2/2017 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've never really been a powder girl, it always tends to break up on me and look weird. But I tried this on a whim, in Translucent. This is NOT a setting powder at all. It's got a good medium coverage, even in Translucent. I put it over a moisterizer with sunscreen and it held up. It's very close to my skin, but better! The brush that came with it is useless and I use a sponge, then buff out with a kabuki brush. It lasts a good four hours on me and then just seems to fade away with some shine breakthrough. But it doesn't break down, oxidize, or streak on me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is HG for me. I love It Cosmetic pressed powder foundation but it's so spendy I wanted to try for a DS powder and found it with this product at a third of the It Cosmetics price. It applies like a dream, matte yet creamy on the skin. My oily skin does great with this powder, it keeps the oil under control but isn't powdery or cakey looking or that awful masky look some powders give me.

I use a Sheshedo sponge to apply and it goes on beautifully with the sponge. I tried using a kabuki brush but the sponge gave me a much nicer result. I'd call it medium coverage. I do have to build for full overage and it blends well.

I love love love this powder! Great foundation yet I don't look like I have a ton of makeup piled on.

on 2/16/2017 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this stuff for a long time. Probably since highschool... and I like it alot. It has almost medium coverage I would say and the colour translucent is a decent enough match for my skin. I like that I can wear it for an extended period of time and not worry about it causing breakouts to my VERY acne prone skin. I also find it doesnt become as shiny on my skin as some mineral powders do. What i dont like is that it applies quite powdery looking and I have to work to make it look good. And it clings to any dryness like crazy. I do think there are probably better mineral powders out there but this is a good standby while I try and find my HG

I just bought this last night in the kit with the blush and the translucent matte powder. I used to have really bad acne and I have some clogged pores I'm trying to clear up and some acne scars so I bought this to give my skin a break from heavy foundations. I just put it on to go shopping and I was beyond impressed. The coverage is great for a powder foundation. It doesn't feel heavy and I like that it has minimal ingredients to prevent breakouts. It even has a handy mirror and brush compartment. For anyone who wants powder foundation I highly recommend this!

on 4/26/2015 12:19:00 PM

I really really like this powder foundation!

PROS:
TALC FREE
LIGHTWEIGHT
MEDIUM COVERAGE
HOLDS UP WELL OVER TIME
GOOD FOR COMBO SKIN
DRUGSTORE CONVENIENT
STILL LOOKS LIKE SKIN

CONS:
SMALL SHADE RANGE (3 COLORS)
CAN GET DUSTY
HAVE TO PREP SKIN IF DRY

***ABOUT MY SKIN/MY THOUGHTS:
I am about an NW15/NC15 in MAC and I wear the translucent shade of this powder. I have moderate dry flakey skin on sides of my nose but can have combo skin on my face next to nose and chin when it's warmer weather. I feel like this powder really blends into my skin way better than any liquid form of foundation I've tried. My all time fave liquid foundation is Tarte amazonian clay 12 hour full coverage in the squeeze tube. I love that stuff!! That foundation is a bit thick when out of the tube but can be sheered out beautifully. It's hard for me to find a foundation that works on my combo skin and dry patches. I have to constantly exfoliate my nose and moisturize a lot. The PF powder foundation is my HG summer foundation at the moment and I love love love that it's from the drugstore! It provides pretty great coverage (very good medium) and seems to last a good 6-8 hours or more if not in crazy heat. I will definitely repurchase this and use during the summer. It can get a little powdery n dusty if u pat a brush too hard into the compact but will not prevent me from using. Definitely give it a try end if u have dry skin....which I know using a powder on dry skin is a no no. Just exfoliate well and use a face oil or good moisturizer a few mins before applying. I love how light it feels and is never tacky feeling like liquids can be. I use the Cetaphil moisturizer, then bare minerals primer (original) and the loreal miracle blur to fill in pores n fine lines. Then I use the PH powder foundation all over. Then i set with Urban Decay all nighter setting spray since it is a powder. I also use Maybeline instant age rewind eraser under eyes & on small imperfections to conseal before applying the powder. This is my GO TO FOUNDATION ROUTINE.

So After wearing this around a few days I did feel that it was very drying for my combination skin. I can literally feel it sucking out the moisture of my skin and also accentuating dry patches which I didn't know I even had especially for the spring time I usually do not get very dry this time of year. I tried a setting spray but it didn't help minimize the dry patches (and I use really good moisturizers too) I will definatelly try a primer underneath and see if that makes a difference otherwise this might only work during super humid months for my skin type. Next I will try "flower" Powder trip powder foundation (walmart) which is on beauty pedia under best foundations - sounds less drying/cakey.

This powder was more coverage then i was expecting, and not in a bad way. The reason I wouldn't repurchase is because too much product comes off when using it. Like powder everywhere!! Very messy