Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

Rediscovered this after getting tired of my loose mineral foundation getting everywhere. I decided to try this again because of it's short ingredient list. Wasn't expecting much but am pleasantly surprised. My skin has been behaving itself lately (for the most part) so I am mainly looking for something to go over my sunscreen and give me a more finished look with some coverage. This has been great so far, and no breakouts. I do use concealer under eyes and for any problem areas. It's been a few weeks and so far so good, but will update in the fall to see if I am still happy with it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This Powder.
It’s amazing.
I have it in translucent, but it is fair as hell. I’m fair/light though, so it’s perfect for me. This is my HG powder, pressed or loose. I use this to set the under eye and as an all over foundation/powder. It’s pigmentated as I can ask. It makes my skin look airbrushed. It feels like nothing is on. I don’t know what I did before this powder. I used the Mineral Wear in the blue compact, but this is even better. This over any base erases anything, really. I have decent skin to begin with, but this takes it to the next level.
The powder seems to last all day. Just as long as any powder - pressed or loose, pressed on or baked.
There is no scent, which is great. PF powders have never irritated my sensitive skin. I will admit, I’ve slept with them on (*slaps wrists*), and they never clogged my pores either.
My only complaint is the price. It’s quite expensive for “drugstore”, but prices have been going up for other brands anyway. I have several PF powder compacts though, and have yet for one to run out. So they do last a long time for the price.
I honestly can say that a Physician’s Formula product has not disappointed me yet. I’ve tried their tinted moisturizer, mascara, powders, and eyeliners, and I love them all. I really don’t see a need to spend a lot of money on high end makeup with brands like Physicians Formula and Wet ‘n Wild.
Highly recommend for fair/light skinned.
A+

I think this is a very good foundation for acne prone,oily skin, it feels skin like, a bit dry at the beginning, but has a flawless airbrush finish with buildable coverage, and doesn't break you out or make your skin feels suffocated.

on 8/12/2017 4:42:00 AM

I might have found my holy grail of powder foundations with this product. It goes on easily and stays put all day! Cover can be built up but easiest to use a quick dab of concealer underneath before applying. It has a bit of sun screen as well. So overall, a fantastic, fast, user friendly compact. Also it is a bit pricey to import, but proving to be better than the many high end brands I have tried, that cost considerably more. I use either buff beige or sand beige on my medium skin tone, depending on which days I have fake tan on.
Note: The brush is utterly rubbish, I would not recommend using it.

on 8/3/2017 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Pros
Pigmented
Natural finish (not powder, looks like a second skin)
Doesn't clog pores

Cons
Bad packaging
The little brush they give you is terrible! Use a puff instead. This is a product you want to push into the skin, not dust on top (i.e. Elf HD setting powder).

I'm NW10 and use the shade Translucent Light. This doesn't make my bad hormonal acne any worse but it's not like it can fix it either. Since my skin is acne prone it can be difficult to get a powder that absorbs oil but doesn't dry me out, this is the ticket. It really softens the look of my skin and keeps me matte but fresh. It doesn't bunch up on my nose The product itself is so soft to the touch and feels fairly light on the skin. I wear it on my plain skin and it looks like my face is soft but makeup free, and if you wear it over foundation (I use rimmel 25 hour) it has a really airbrushed effect, and still sets the makeup in place. I haven't had the issue with layering like other reviewers have, but I apply my foundation differently than most glam girls or makeup addicts.

edit: adding to my review, i was wrong about the longevity. it lasts in hot humidity fine as long as you aren't really sweaty. the powder takes on a really glowing texture and still looks NATURAL rather than completely matte. The texture on your skin will be sticky (b/c sweat) but it will LOOK OKAY. This feature is important to me because I have combo skin and want my face to look fluid. A+

on 6/2/2017 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've never really been a powder girl, it always tends to break up on me and look weird. But I tried this on a whim, in Translucent. This is NOT a setting powder at all. It's got a good medium coverage, even in Translucent. I put it over a moisterizer with sunscreen and it held up. It's very close to my skin, but better! The brush that came with it is useless and I use a sponge, then buff out with a kabuki brush. It lasts a good four hours on me and then just seems to fade away with some shine breakthrough. But it doesn't break down, oxidize, or streak on me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is HG for me. I love It Cosmetic pressed powder foundation but it's so spendy I wanted to try for a DS powder and found it with this product at a third of the It Cosmetics price. It applies like a dream, matte yet creamy on the skin. My oily skin does great with this powder, it keeps the oil under control but isn't powdery or cakey looking or that awful masky look some powders give me.

I use a Sheshedo sponge to apply and it goes on beautifully with the sponge. I tried using a kabuki brush but the sponge gave me a much nicer result. I'd call it medium coverage. I do have to build for full overage and it blends well.

I love love love this powder! Great foundation yet I don't look like I have a ton of makeup piled on.

on 6/20/2016 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily skin which is acne prone in recent years...which is strange coz ive always had clear skin in my younger years. Im 27, asian, nc 42 according to mac and i do enjoy this product. So far it hasnt broken me out yet and lets hope it stays that way. It does feel like my own skin and when i wear it alone, not even my sister could make out that i have make up on. She just said my skin looks a lot better and she was surprised to hear that i had make up on. This product stays forever which touch ups, does keep oil at bay and never cakes up. Amazing amazing amazing! Best powder ive ever tried and ive tried a lot, mac, clarins, etc etc ive spent so much money on powders that i couldbt use coz my skin is so damn sensitive. So hey! If you are reading this, u get this powder and u wont regret it.

on 12/29/2015 10:17:00 AM

Update: august 2017, I have made full circle and stopped using this but have returned. i use it over Physicans formula Marathonista tinted moisturizer and love it!!!!!!! the combo of the two is fabulous!

I{DATE" Feb 2-16" :LOVE THIS POWDER EVEN MORE SINCE I REALIZED THROUGH MUA THAT THEY MAKE A TRANSLUCENT LIGHT COLOR!!!! SO FOR ALL YOU NC 15 GALS, THIS POWDER IS GOING TO BE YOUR HOLY GRAIL! I can't believe how great the Translucent light color matches me this winter!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this powder! I had been using a different PF pressed powder that was talc free but I broke out from it so tried this one. LOVE IT! NEVER Cakey! So natural, sets makeup beautifully and due to shorter list of ingredients, I don't break out I am about NC15 right now in the winter and I had originally purchased the transluscent. It's okay but a tad light so I also purchased the buff beige and its wonderful! Adds a little bit of color and nice warm tone with yellow in it which is hard to find in a drug store powder! I also use the Nude Wear Touch of glow foundation under this which is FABULOUS! This says for sensitive break out skin on the box and THAT's me! Won't use anythng else.!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I picked this up a few years ago and used it occasionally to set my liquid foundation. However, I got tired of putting on a full face of makeup everyday. After looking through my makeup collection without much luck, I once again happened across this powder. I'm so glad I did! I use this on its own for a medium build-able coverage foundation. I have oily skin, and this mattifys without looking powdery. I also find that I can go an entire day with this on my face, I just need to blot a few times. I highly recommend this product, and although it is a little expensive, physicians formula often does 40% off.