Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow, I have finally found my HG winter foundation, and it's a powder. Who knew. I only tried this product because it got good reviews here, so thank you to everyone who takes time to share their experiences. First, the color-- I'm neutral-to-pink, a MAC NW20 or 25. I tried 3 shades of this product and finally got it right on the third try-- BEIGE. I thought it looked too pink in the package, but it's just right. Buff Beige was way too dark, Creamy Natural way too light. Beige evens out all my skin tone problems, covers my rosacea and little sunspots, and gives me a youthful, fresh-faced look. Seriously, I catch myself in store mirrors and think, wow, my skin looks great! And it does NOT highlight my lines or pores the way every other mineral powder I've tried does, esp. Bare Minerals. (That stuff was the worst disappointment ever.) Plus, it looks good throughout the day. I've never felt the need to retouch. My nose might get a little shiny, but I just blot it with a tissue. Everyone complains about the brush, but I actually like it. First, I use my Bare Minerals concealer brush, which was almost worth the price of the whole kit, and apply the powder to my eyelids, under my eyes, around my nose, and over all my little rosacea and sun spots. Then I use the crappy PF brush to lightly cover the rest of my face. I like that brush because it doesn't layer the powder on too thickly. I could never see using a makeup sponge or powder puff with this stuff-- it would look way too caked on. So I think the cheap little brush actually works very well. Just be careful to brush it very lightly over the surface of the powder because if you're heavy-handed it will kick up a lot of dust and you'll waste powder and make a mess. I love this stuff, thanks again reviewers!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This Powder.
It’s amazing.
I have it in translucent, but it is fair as hell. I’m fair/light though, so it’s perfect for me. This is my HG powder, pressed or loose. I use this to set the under eye and as an all over foundation/powder. It’s pigmentated as I can ask. It makes my skin look airbrushed. It feels like nothing is on. I don’t know what I did before this powder. I used the Mineral Wear in the blue compact, but this is even better. This over any base erases anything, really. I have decent skin to begin with, but this takes it to the next level.
The powder seems to last all day. Just as long as any powder - pressed or loose, pressed on or baked.
There is no scent, which is great. PF powders have never irritated my sensitive skin. I will admit, I’ve slept with them on (*slaps wrists*), and they never clogged my pores either.
My only complaint is the price. It’s quite expensive for “drugstore”, but prices have been going up for other brands anyway. I have several PF powder compacts though, and have yet for one to run out. So they do last a long time for the price.
I honestly can say that a Physician’s Formula product has not disappointed me yet. I’ve tried their tinted moisturizer, mascara, powders, and eyeliners, and I love them all. I really don’t see a need to spend a lot of money on high end makeup with brands like Physicians Formula and Wet ‘n Wild.
Highly recommend for fair/light skinned.
A+

on 1/15/2016 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've had this product (in different colors) for years. It was the only powder I ever kept on hand. I do not wear makeup every day - nor do I wear concealer or foundation because I have extremely sensitive/acne prone skin. I use a benzoyl peroxide lotion after I wash my face to keep my acne at bay and my skin clear. Because of this, my skin IS clear, and I do not need heavy concealers/foundation. BUT - because I do use a topical treatment, my face tends to get shiny/oily and has a red/sunburned/suntanned overall color compared to my neck. BP will do that, unfortunately. So I use this as my only makeup. No foundation, no concealer.

It does battle shine (for me) but I do reapply later in the day - making sure to first blot my face with some toilet paper and then reapply a dusting on the shiny spots. Works great for me. Highly recommend if you have sensitive skin or using a topical acne treatment.

Edit: I still think this powder is great, but I do need something with more shine control, because this stuff is talc-free. I find that I have to reapply this often, almost every hour - and would like something better than that. However, it's great for skin that breaks out from everything. But what mineral wear/talc-free makeup users have to understand is that products free from talc may give you more shine easily, since talc is a natural oil/moisture absorber. I never realized why most mineral/talc-free products gave me shine faster, this is why. I also have noticed that when I apply the newer versions of this (in translucent) it's much more orange/color than it used to be. I'd like to have something truly sheer without much color, and I find that if I apply this more than once, it tends to start looking cakey or like I've put a lot of colored powder on.

This product had actually been a God send for me! I was initially shocked by the ratings but then after reading what others had to say, it made sense. This product is confusing because they do market it as a "powder" but it's actually a foundation, in powder form. If you are attempting to layer this over foundation it will look to dry, obvious, or cakey. That's how I first started using it as well. And I thought i hated it and chucked into my ever growing reject drawer. But one day when i was in a rush and didn't have the time for liquid fndt, i dotted some concealer on a few spots and then, USING A SPONGE, i glided the product over mostly bare skin. Viola! Perfection. Not dry, no caking, amazing natural finish, and still looked fresh by that night. The reason why i sought this out in the first place was because absolutely ever powder product i've ever tried, and the list is really long, has broken out my sensitive acne prone skin. But, this has NEVER done that, which alone is essential for me and until this powder i had given up totally on wearing powder at all. Though I could find liqued fndt that didn't break me out, i could never get the look or finish right and it wouldn't last long on my combo skin. It's just amazing how different this looks when used alone and not topping off a foundation, It's so incredibly natural, you cant even see the product, yet it has amazing coverage. The key is to use a sponge, not a brush. I have tried it over a tinted moisturizer and can get pretty good results with that too. Oh, and i use it in creamy natural, and i'm a NW 20-25
Update: i just wanted to update that i realized for me, the creamy natural was a bit too pink on my skin so i switched to the transulent, which as someone else mentioned, is not a true transulent, its a light neutral shade. Still loving it!!!

on 12/29/2015 10:17:00 AM

Update: august 2017, I have made full circle and stopped using this but have returned. i use it over Physicans formula Marathonista tinted moisturizer and love it!!!!!!! the combo of the two is fabulous!

I{DATE" Feb 2-16" :LOVE THIS POWDER EVEN MORE SINCE I REALIZED THROUGH MUA THAT THEY MAKE A TRANSLUCENT LIGHT COLOR!!!! SO FOR ALL YOU NC 15 GALS, THIS POWDER IS GOING TO BE YOUR HOLY GRAIL! I can't believe how great the Translucent light color matches me this winter!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this powder! I had been using a different PF pressed powder that was talc free but I broke out from it so tried this one. LOVE IT! NEVER Cakey! So natural, sets makeup beautifully and due to shorter list of ingredients, I don't break out I am about NC15 right now in the winter and I had originally purchased the transluscent. It's okay but a tad light so I also purchased the buff beige and its wonderful! Adds a little bit of color and nice warm tone with yellow in it which is hard to find in a drug store powder! I also use the Nude Wear Touch of glow foundation under this which is FABULOUS! This says for sensitive break out skin on the box and THAT's me! Won't use anythng else.!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG status! My search for a decent Jane Iredale purepressed base is finally over! Tati was so right when she compared this to JI. However, I find that this powder has an even better benefit over JI's powders - it mattifies better and has better coverage.

I have fair-light skin with yellow/olive undertones, which makes it impossible to find foundation shades at the drugstore. I picked up the powder in Translucent Light which I found was just a touch too light for my tanned skin in the summer, so I also picked up Buff Beige and I mix them. I highly recommend this powder if you want to look flawless without the obvious "I'm wearing foundation!" look.

on 10/12/2014 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

In dabbling with mineral powders lately (Mac MSFN & bare mins), I came across this product somewhere online and since they had it at my rite aid, I jumped on it. I heard it out performs them all - even its $$$ counterparts! Well I have to wholeheartedly agree!! When I put this on (I used a puff since I was using it as a foundation and wanted more coverage), ok, all good, stepped back... Then when I went to look closer something looked odd. I figured it out - this powder/foundation what have you makes my pores DIS. A. PEAR!!! I didn't buy it for that, it's not advertised as such... But it really truly does! Where if I want bare mins to cover my pores I have to buff in so hard (or else it MAGNIFIES them), and having tried all the pore minimizers out there, this lasts all day and actually makes my skin look like porcelain! Sooo pleasantly surprised at that. I strongly suggest trying this for oily skin/large pores. I used murad oil control mattifier under this, and glam glow hydrating mask on my dry patches. I am nw/nc 20/warm beige in bobbi brown, and creamy natural was perfect. I've sweated in this, wore all day... With nary a touch up. But the beauty part is u can touch up since it's a powder! Oh I've also tried Jane I.'s pressed mineral and it was like the BM: magnified pores unless I buffed in very hard. I also plan to try this as a setting powder over a TM or my bobbi skin stick foundation.

on 4/16/2013 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used this for a while as my foundation because it has more coverage than most ds mineral powders. I loved that about it and the ease of a solid compact powder vs the mess of a loose one.

But over time I realized this did not do my mid 40's dry skin any favors. Nothing like catching yourself in a rear view mirror for a little makeup reality check huh girls?!:)

I'd have loved it when I was younger though I am more yellow toned and this runs pink, a little bronzer sorted that out when I did use it. All in a all a good product that just wasn't suited for me

on 2/5/2014 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

(Edited)
I have very oily skin and it gets clogged very easily. This powder doesn't break me out, nor clogs my pores, which I absolutely love. I use the shade Cremy Natural and it's a teeny, tiny bit light for my light/medium skintone, but it's nothing I can't work with. This powder provides a medium coverage (leaning towards the lighter side of medium coverage). It covers quite well most of my few hyperpigmentation spots caused by acne scarring. I wouldn't say it covers really red or dark spots- I still use concealer on top of very dark or red spots. The consistency of this powder is very soft, BUT it's so soft that the powder goes absolutely EVERYWHERE if you're not careful. I apply it with a powder brush and I have to just tap the brush into the product, not rub it because otherwise it goes everywhere and you end up loosing a lot of the product. I like my skin to look as natural as possible, and with a light touch, this powder does look very natural, but if you keep applying too much it can look quite cakey and it becomes quite noticeable that you have makeup on.

I wouldn't say it controls shine, at all. In fact I think I look shinier than with my other powders, but that's not that big of an issue for me, I just blot the excess shine and I'm good to go. The packaging is a little bit too bulky for my taste, but that's not a big deal to me either. I'd say that the price is quite high for a drugstore powder (about $13.95). And I don't like the fact that I can only find this at CVS. Other than that, I think the product is quite good and will probably repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's a decent powder for its price. It has a nice matte finish which I love and it stays on my oily face for pretty long. Most importantly it doesn't break me out. I have repurchased this at least 4 times already. This is my favorite drugstore powder. But be careful if u're gonna use it as a "powder" cos I found that its coverage is not as light as a "powder" should be. I tried using it to set my foundation and BB cream but end up looking cakey. It works best as a powder foundation in my opinion. And the range of shades is not great. The packaging is flimsy too, even for a drugstore product. So for all these reasons I have to take one lippie off.