Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 11/3/2018 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because I found a cheap one at Ross. I have normal skin, sensitive, about NC20 in color. Most of the time I have pretty decent skin, so I don't need much coverage: I just use some concealer under my eyes and on blemishes and use a powder foundation to even out the color of my face.

This lasts pretty well on me (but it can partly be because of my sunscreen, which also works as a primer), doesn't break me out or irritate my skin. The color - strange enough - suits me well.

I enjoy using this, but probably wouldn't repurchase just because I prefer Bare Minerals pressed or loose powder foundation.

on 10/15/2018 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used this product off and on for years -- it's my go-to foundation for the summer when it's hot and humid, and I use it as a light finishing/concealing powder in the winter over Bobbi Brown stick foundation. I really love this stuff -- I use Translucent Light which is perfect for my neutral/cool NW20 skin. I use a dense brush to pack it on (but not too heavily) and it stays in place all day. It also covers redness when I use a smaller brush to spot conceal (I like the Real Techniques setting brush). It doesn't break me out and keeps my face looking nice and natural all day long -- I spritz a little UD setting spray to tone down the powdery look. The compact looks terribly cheap but it's never broken on me. I've repurchased this product again and again, and will continue to do so! I get mine from Ulta, and I usually buy 2 or 3 at a time so I never run out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This Powder.
It’s amazing.
I have it in translucent, but it is fair as hell. I’m fair/light though, so it’s perfect for me. This is my HG powder, pressed or loose. I use this to set the under eye and as an all over foundation/powder. It’s pigmentated as I can ask. It makes my skin look airbrushed. It feels like nothing is on. I don’t know what I did before this powder. I used the Mineral Wear in the blue compact, but this is even better. This over any base erases anything, really. I have decent skin to begin with, but this takes it to the next level.
The powder seems to last all day. Just as long as any powder - pressed or loose, pressed on or baked.
There is no scent, which is great. PF powders have never irritated my sensitive skin. I will admit, I’ve slept with them on (*slaps wrists*), and they never clogged my pores either.
My only complaint is the price. It’s quite expensive for “drugstore”, but prices have been going up for other brands anyway. I have several PF powder compacts though, and have yet for one to run out. So they do last a long time for the price.
I honestly can say that a Physician’s Formula product has not disappointed me yet. I’ve tried their tinted moisturizer, mascara, powders, and eyeliners, and I love them all. I really don’t see a need to spend a lot of money on high end makeup with brands like Physicians Formula and Wet ‘n Wild.
Highly recommend for fair/light skinned.
A+

on 10/28/2016 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this powder a lot because it doesn't break me out. It's talc and silicone free which is so difficult to find in foundations.
It covers my redness well but not my spots and acne scars so I would say this gives light to medium coverage (leaning more towards light). However, whilst it does an excellent job of taking away shine, it can be very drying so be careful of using it around the eye area. My one major gripe though (which may stop me from repurchasing) is that the foundation is too dark for my skin, oxidises and turn orange. My face actually looks orange and darker than the colour of my neck. I use translucent light (which is the lightest shade) but unfortunately it is still not light enough :(

Pros:
- talc free and silicone free (yay!), doesn't break me out
- covers redness well
- fantastic at reducing shine and oil
- very natural looking and un-cakey (if it wasn't for the shade difference, I wouldn't be able to tell I'm wearing makeup)
- SPF

Cons:
- the shade translucent light is too dark and orange for my skin (perhaps I could use this as a bronzer?)
- drying when used over time
- oxidises
- doesn't provide acne-prone skin enough coverage (definitely need to follow up with concealer)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's a decent powder for its price. It has a nice matte finish which I love and it stays on my oily face for pretty long. Most importantly it doesn't break me out. I have repurchased this at least 4 times already. This is my favorite drugstore powder. But be careful if u're gonna use it as a "powder" cos I found that its coverage is not as light as a "powder" should be. I tried using it to set my foundation and BB cream but end up looking cakey. It works best as a powder foundation in my opinion. And the range of shades is not great. The packaging is flimsy too, even for a drugstore product. So for all these reasons I have to take one lippie off.

on 1/15/2016 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've had this product (in different colors) for years. It was the only powder I ever kept on hand. I do not wear makeup every day - nor do I wear concealer or foundation because I have extremely sensitive/acne prone skin. I use a benzoyl peroxide lotion after I wash my face to keep my acne at bay and my skin clear. Because of this, my skin IS clear, and I do not need heavy concealers/foundation. BUT - because I do use a topical treatment, my face tends to get shiny/oily and has a red/sunburned/suntanned overall color compared to my neck. BP will do that, unfortunately. So I use this as my only makeup. No foundation, no concealer.

It does battle shine (for me) but I do reapply later in the day - making sure to first blot my face with some toilet paper and then reapply a dusting on the shiny spots. Works great for me. Highly recommend if you have sensitive skin or using a topical acne treatment.

Edit: I still think this powder is great, but I do need something with more shine control, because this stuff is talc-free. I find that I have to reapply this often, almost every hour - and would like something better than that. However, it's great for skin that breaks out from everything. But what mineral wear/talc-free makeup users have to understand is that products free from talc may give you more shine easily, since talc is a natural oil/moisture absorber. I never realized why most mineral/talc-free products gave me shine faster, this is why. I also have noticed that when I apply the newer versions of this (in translucent) it's much more orange/color than it used to be. I'd like to have something truly sheer without much color, and I find that if I apply this more than once, it tends to start looking cakey or like I've put a lot of colored powder on.

on 12/29/2015 10:17:00 AM

Update: august 2017, I have made full circle and stopped using this but have returned. i use it over Physicans formula Marathonista tinted moisturizer and love it!!!!!!! the combo of the two is fabulous!

I{DATE" Feb 2-16" :LOVE THIS POWDER EVEN MORE SINCE I REALIZED THROUGH MUA THAT THEY MAKE A TRANSLUCENT LIGHT COLOR!!!! SO FOR ALL YOU NC 15 GALS, THIS POWDER IS GOING TO BE YOUR HOLY GRAIL! I can't believe how great the Translucent light color matches me this winter!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this powder! I had been using a different PF pressed powder that was talc free but I broke out from it so tried this one. LOVE IT! NEVER Cakey! So natural, sets makeup beautifully and due to shorter list of ingredients, I don't break out I am about NC15 right now in the winter and I had originally purchased the transluscent. It's okay but a tad light so I also purchased the buff beige and its wonderful! Adds a little bit of color and nice warm tone with yellow in it which is hard to find in a drug store powder! I also use the Nude Wear Touch of glow foundation under this which is FABULOUS! This says for sensitive break out skin on the box and THAT's me! Won't use anythng else.!

on 10/23/2015 12:13:00 AM

I spent hours reading the reviews of this and was super excited to try it...but ended up being pretty bummed with the results.
At first, I tried it in the color "translucent". I don't consider myself very tan, actually I would say fair skinned with golden undertones but then again I do live in California, so there's that. Anyway, this way just too white for my face. Coverage was nice, but gave me a ghostly like appearance that no amount of bronzer could fix (I bought the bronzer from the same line, which was okay but not as great as the $4 NYC bronzer I usually buy).
So I kept the translucent hoping that I can maybe use it in winter, and went back to CVS and bought the only other color they have, which is "beige".
This one just didn't seem to have the same coverage as the translucent does. It came out rather spotty and streaky, and just didn't match my skin tone correctly either. Pretty bummed and in my opinion these are WAY overpriced.
Packaging was pretty bulky too - and not a fan of the bright blue compact it comes in. Meh.
I returned the beige to CVS and will try the translucent again in winter to see if it matches my skin a little better.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG status! My search for a decent Jane Iredale purepressed base is finally over! Tati was so right when she compared this to JI. However, I find that this powder has an even better benefit over JI's powders - it mattifies better and has better coverage.

I have fair-light skin with yellow/olive undertones, which makes it impossible to find foundation shades at the drugstore. I picked up the powder in Translucent Light which I found was just a touch too light for my tanned skin in the summer, so I also picked up Buff Beige and I mix them. I highly recommend this powder if you want to look flawless without the obvious "I'm wearing foundation!" look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

(For reference, my skin colour is N3 in the L'oreal True Match line. I have an oily T-zone and dry patches which are more prominent in winter time.) I started using this product last year because I was looking for a replacement for liquid foundation for daily wear. I got the shade Buff Beige at first and I liked the product. I would first apply concealer under my eyes first and then I applied this powder with a normal makeup sponge. I would start to apply it by patting it in areas that needed more coverage. So my nose, and my chin and so on. After application, my face looked matte but quite natural! I also noticed that it reduced the appearance of pores on my nose. It does cover redness but to a certain extent. If you have lots of redness, I suggest using a concealer or layering the powder to cover it. I really like the coverage because it is medium coverage but build-able. However, the colour match was not good for me. It was way too pink and dark for my skin tone. But I didn't want to waste the product so I tried to make it work. I couldn't FULLY finish it before I trying out another colour since I was so unhappy with Buff Beige. So I got the shade Translucent, which is not actually translucent. It's a perfect match for my skin tone. I did notice that the Buff Beige shade had more coverage than Translucent. I would consider Translucent to be low coverage but also build-able. Overall, this powder does not last for a long time on my skin throughout the day. I would say about 4-5 hours. I don't re-apply it or ever touch up make-up throughout the day so I'm sure if I re-applied once I would be good to go. I'm really glad I don't wear liquid foundation on a daily basis anymore. This is perfect and it takes me under a minute to apply (I actually timed it)! My skin does look better, however that is probably due to a change in my skincare habits. But what's important is that this did not cause me to breakout! Yay! I would repurchase it again but I'm dying to branch out and discover the rest of the powder foundation world.