Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 3/15/2005 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I agree with the reviews below that this is a little pricey for drugstore powder but this time I don't mind because it looks great on my face. I've ordered various "minerals" products in the past and invariably been disappointed. This is the finish I've been hoping for. I've been applying with a powder puff and you really do need to go easy because it picks up a load of powder. The finish is kind of velvety and really covers most anything. I didn't notice a shiny forehead five hours later, either. Only three shades leave a lot to be desired but, fortunately, the beige was a perfect match for me. I paid $12.95 and will be looking for it to go on sale so I can stock up. This is the prettiest result I've found in years. (Which naturally means they'll discontinue it next week!).

on 5/16/2005 11:15:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really like it. I am pretty pale so translucent is perfect for me.

on 6/15/2005 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The packaging for this product is advanced for mineral powder, with a vented compartment for a brush, and mirror UNDER the pan so that it doesn't get all clouded by product! The brush quality is standard drugstore fare and picks up too much product, but it's easy to modulate and handy for on the go touchups and eliminates excess baggage. The coverage is about right, and as noted elsewhere, easy to over-build up. The color selection is impoverished, with a shade that's too light, and one a tad too dark (beige), but is working out for my summer look since it is acting almost bronzer-like, but without all the shimmer, leaving a plausable kiss of sun, not a 'tan.' For winter I may try the translucent. This canot replace Iredale for me, but is a good afternoon supplement, and absorbs shine well for my slightly oily complexion. After coughing up the bucks for Iredale (satin) and Youngblood, it seems pretty cheap too.

on 7/25/2005 2:46:00 PM

I'm MMM/GGG now than I'm a bit tanned this summer and the "Beige" color works pretty well for me. Color selection is very limited, though--only Translucent, Beige and Bronze. This is also kinda pricey for a DG item (around 12 USD) but it's a good quality product and cheaper than other mineral makeup out there. The packaging is bulky but smart--separate ventilated compartment for the included brush (which I find to be weirdly designed and not that useful for touch-ups--I use a flocked puff instead) and mirror so it doesn't get all cloudy from the powder and a clear lid so you can see the color. The powder itself provides more coverage than normal pressed powders, and might not be good for dry/flaky skin, but works well on combo/oily me. Nice texture--almost creamy, though it might get cakey with reapplication. This is not good for shine-control and does have to be touched up fairly frequently (I use blotting papers instead of adding more powder). But overall, this is a nice powder and I'll probably repurchase barring any future breakouts/reactions.

ETA: Okay, this is a tad too dark for me--this becomes more apparent when one layers the powder on a little. It's okay for now b/c it's summer and it provides a little color, but will probably look unnatural in the winter. Also, this sorta "sits" on the surface of the skin so that it rubs off really easily. It doesn't look bad, but one should avoid layering this on too much or rubbing at one's face.

ETA2: Am discontinuing use of this for now and going back to my trusty talc-filled Cornsilk powder. I think this was making me break out. Darn--this powder was really good at filling in my pores and giving a really even finish. Oh well. continued >>

I really like this powder. It looks totally naturally and not chalky at all. I have fairly large pores for my age (17), and I really hope that if I discontinue the use of talc powders, they will get smaller. I feel like my skin can breathe with this product. The only two complaints I have are the brush sucks (it picks up too much powder, and makes a mess - but it can easily be replaced), and it is not that great for oil control.

I'm not sure how to describe this product - I gues in a few words I would day its ok. Not great coz if you want some color there is only one - beige so it would not suit all skin tones. The texture is kinda like..........grainy. Its not really fine powder. I liked that my face did not get oily & if was easy to carry but it is not match my skin at all. I finally bought jane iredale, its a little expensive but I like it a lot better.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this in "Translucent" and it's amongst the best finishing powders I've ever used. It applies far less powdery than talc-based version, and as blotting powder it takes away the shine without being cakey. I have oily, sensitive skin prone to small breakouts, and this powder causes no adverse reaction whatsoever. The brush included is okay for touch-ups but in the morning I prefer using my own full-sized powder brush. Overall I'm very happy with this product, and would recommend it as a good alternative to talc-based powders. Couple of things though: when it says "Translucent", it really means it - it has minimal coverage and I don't imagine it being adequate for a POWDER FOUNDATION (finishing powder - no problem). Also this is pricey for a drugstore product: $18.99 CAD regular price. I got it on sale with $2 off coupon so it was no more than $10 CAD, but a powder at $18.99 should be amazing in my opinion, and this is not QUITE amazing to justify the price.

on 11/10/2005 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is my first attempt at mineral makeup (mmu). this powder doesn't contain talc, which i think makes me breakout. however, it does contain mica, which i realize can be a potential problem for some. i have the translucent shade, the lightest out of the 3 options. it matches my skin colour, which is a mac nc25. i have acne-prone combo sensitive skin, so i thought mmu would be a great choice. though i have to say i'm slightly disappointed with this powder cuz i had great expectations from mmu. i noticed less clogged pores than from talc-containing powders, though there're still plenty of them, possibly a reaction from mica. it has minimal coverage; it can't even hide the tiniest flaws. i use a large powder brush to apply, not the little brush supplied in the packaging, which btw is very cute and clever. this is expensive for a drugstore product, but seems to be on the cheaper side for mmu in general. just from this intro experience with mmu, i already like it better than conventional powder. i think i'll look into some other mmu brands after i finish this product. but physicians formula is definitely a great place to start since it's so easy to find. i got mine from london drugs for cnd$20, shoppers also carries this.

on 11/14/2005 10:58:00 AM

This is my fist Physicians Formula product and I'm quite pleased with the quality of the powder. I have tried BE foundations and I find this mineral powder to be just as good - it did not irritate my sensitive skin. I don't use this as a foundation on its own because I don't think it would provide enough coverage for my liking. I use this as a finishing powder over my Cinema's Secret cream foundation, and it provides a nice flawless finish. It did not look chalky or ashy, which I have found with other powders in the past. The reason why this product isn't my HG is the fact that it doesn't handle the shine as well as my NYC loose powder. I do, however, like the compact design very much and the brush that it comes with is handy. I got the Translucent colour (I'm NC30 in MAC) - I will repurchase this once I run out but I will buy the darker shade, which I think is Beige and would probably be a better match for my skintone.

I bought this in Beige and I really like it. I don't use the brush that came with it though. I threw that away and use a circular sponge instead.