Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

4.1

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is HG for me. I love It Cosmetic pressed powder foundation but it's so spendy I wanted to try for a DS powder and found it with this product at a third of the It Cosmetics price. It applies like a dream, matte yet creamy on the skin. My oily skin does great with this powder, it keeps the oil under control but isn't powdery or cakey looking or that awful masky look some powders give me.

I use a Sheshedo sponge to apply and it goes on beautifully with the sponge. I tried using a kabuki brush but the sponge gave me a much nicer result. I'd call it medium coverage. I do have to build for full overage and it blends well.

I love love love this powder! Great foundation yet I don't look like I have a ton of makeup piled on.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this! I apply this with a damp brush. I love the flawless look I get from it, and feels as though I have nothing on my face. I love it so much, that I have quit using my Clinique foundation that I was using. I will defintely buy this product again!

on 6/2/2008 5:51:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

This seems to be a great product so far.......on fair skin, as is the blush, in a light peachy tone.
The price is right, and it sets makeup beautifully.
I prefer it to the shininess that I get with BE !

on 10/16/2007 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Looks great and can't beat it for the price. Tried many different kinds of mineral foundation. I love Iredale but not for $45 a compact. BE just didn't cover. L'Oreal was ok but a little heavier than this one. Love the translucent light on my fair skin. Doen't look caky and doesn't dry out my skin like the rest of them do. Use the Physician's formula cover up wand to cover spots first then use this powder as a foundation and face looks great. Can't beat the price. Even the brush that comes with the compact works well.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I picked this up along with the Translucent Pearls Powder. I have never tried mineral products before so thought this might be a good place to begin considering the positive reviews.

I got this one in 'translucent'. It's a perfect match for my very pale, freckled skin. I let my moisturizer settle in and dry and then apply this lightly with a very good powder brush and then buff with a kabuki brush a bit. Another great look! I also use this as a light concealer around my nose and undereye area. I pat it on wth an eyeshadow brush and blend. Looks more natural than cream concealers which are messy in my hands. lol. If I want to hide more red around the nose I dab a very small amount of the PH yellow stick concealer, blend, blend, blend and THEN dab on the mineral powder and then I can use the translucent pearls for a natural glow or the mineral powder for more 'polish'.

Both of these PH powders are light, non-irritation on my sensitive skin, do not grease up or dry up and just look better and better as the day goes on. I find buffing with a kabuki and a light spary of pure water gives these powders a beautiful finish.

Love them both - the price is right - return policy good, packaging acceptable but not great.

EDIT** Okay, here we are in the depths of winter and although I live in a *rain forest*, winter can still take its toll. I'm still loving the translucent pearls and will keep re-purchasing if they should ever run out BUT this Mineral Wear Face Powder is getting on my nerves. Could be the weather change but I am now finding this product too drying even though I put a couple of drops of glycerin in my Olay spf moisturizer. And after 2 or 3 hours it does turn darker and I have never had anything do this before. Would not re-purchase.

on 2/24/2007 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

pale Asian . Was looking to replace my Mac NC20. This works great on me when I use it as concealer to hide dark spots. Blends in perfectly. Can't tell that it's there at all. Leaves me looking flawless. Not dry, cakey like Bare Minerals. Too light to use for all over, so I use this to delete dark areas under my eyes and spots.

on 6/2/2006 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on sale at Walgreens. I wanted the loose powder but saw this and grabbed it by mistake. I decided to go ahead and try it, but it made my skin look dry and old, so I returned it and got the loose powder which I use as a finishing powder over my liquid makeup.

on 5/23/2006 5:23:00 PM

I've never had much luck with mineral foundations. For some reason no matter how lightly I applied them using a good brush they always looked too heavy and emphasized the things I didn't want emphasized - lines, pores, etc. I decided to give the Mineral Wear Face Powder a try as my final shot at mineral makeup. I'm very glad I did. I find this compact powder much lighter in formulation than the loose mineral powders. The coverage is very good and isn't cakey or obvious. Most mineral foundations left too much of a sheen on my face, but this gives a nice matte finish. Not dry - just matte. Since this is in a compact it's much more portable than the loose powder, and I can take it to work for touchups during the day. I watch for the 40% off sales at Walgreens or CVS and stock up so I never have to pay full price.