Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 44-55
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 12/29/2015 10:17:00 AM

Update: august 2017, I have made full circle and stopped using this but have returned. i use it over Physicans formula Marathonista tinted moisturizer and love it!!!!!!! the combo of the two is fabulous!

I{DATE" Feb 2-16" :LOVE THIS POWDER EVEN MORE SINCE I REALIZED THROUGH MUA THAT THEY MAKE A TRANSLUCENT LIGHT COLOR!!!! SO FOR ALL YOU NC 15 GALS, THIS POWDER IS GOING TO BE YOUR HOLY GRAIL! I can't believe how great the Translucent light color matches me this winter!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this powder! I had been using a different PF pressed powder that was talc free but I broke out from it so tried this one. LOVE IT! NEVER Cakey! So natural, sets makeup beautifully and due to shorter list of ingredients, I don't break out I am about NC15 right now in the winter and I had originally purchased the transluscent. It's okay but a tad light so I also purchased the buff beige and its wonderful! Adds a little bit of color and nice warm tone with yellow in it which is hard to find in a drug store powder! I also use the Nude Wear Touch of glow foundation under this which is FABULOUS! This says for sensitive break out skin on the box and THAT's me! Won't use anythng else.!

on 11/23/2013 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used a lot of brands in mineral foundations but this is one of the best. Although, I have used BE for many years, I was not happy with the color selection. The shades are either too yellow or too pink, even in the neutral category. I am somewhat NC30 but not as yellow. I use Buff Beige which is the exact match for me. The other great benefit to this is that it lasts on my skin for hours. I have to use a primer for BE but I don't need one for this. I would say that this is a great product for people with oily skin. Also, your brush has to be made for minerals unless the whole product goes to waste. Highly recommended!

Good, no fuss product. Works better in the summer. Coverage is decent.
Physical sunscreen with good vitamin ingredient deck.

Not as good as the original formulation of Pur Minerals, not their new version, too many ingredients in the new one and know I will break out.

Will be trying Neutrogenia pressed mineral sheers soon.

Determined to find a good drugstore pressed mineral powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow, I have finally found my HG winter foundation, and it's a powder. Who knew. I only tried this product because it got good reviews here, so thank you to everyone who takes time to share their experiences. First, the color-- I'm neutral-to-pink, a MAC NW20 or 25. I tried 3 shades of this product and finally got it right on the third try-- BEIGE. I thought it looked too pink in the package, but it's just right. Buff Beige was way too dark, Creamy Natural way too light. Beige evens out all my skin tone problems, covers my rosacea and little sunspots, and gives me a youthful, fresh-faced look. Seriously, I catch myself in store mirrors and think, wow, my skin looks great! And it does NOT highlight my lines or pores the way every other mineral powder I've tried does, esp. Bare Minerals. (That stuff was the worst disappointment ever.) Plus, it looks good throughout the day. I've never felt the need to retouch. My nose might get a little shiny, but I just blot it with a tissue. Everyone complains about the brush, but I actually like it. First, I use my Bare Minerals concealer brush, which was almost worth the price of the whole kit, and apply the powder to my eyelids, under my eyes, around my nose, and over all my little rosacea and sun spots. Then I use the crappy PF brush to lightly cover the rest of my face. I like that brush because it doesn't layer the powder on too thickly. I could never see using a makeup sponge or powder puff with this stuff-- it would look way too caked on. So I think the cheap little brush actually works very well. Just be careful to brush it very lightly over the surface of the powder because if you're heavy-handed it will kick up a lot of dust and you'll waste powder and make a mess. I love this stuff, thanks again reviewers!

I have been using this product for quite awhile and I love it. I used to wear foundation under it, but found it too heavy. Now I just wear a tinted moisturizer and pat this all over my face and then brush off the excess and buff it in with a big fluffy brush. I rarely have to touch it up. Absorbs oil very well on the skin. Just forget the brush it comes with. It's worthless! But, girls don't throw them out. They make great computer keyboard brushes to clean between the keys. I'm seriously not kidding! I work with 6 other girls and they all have one of these brushes for their keyboards. It's a decent product, but way too expensive. If you can get it on sale or Ebay cheaper go for it.

on 10/6/2008 12:04:00 PM

It's a long journey to find the right foundation, and this is not perfect but it's pretty good. I've always had breakouts and my goal in life was to ONE DAY have flawless-looking skin. I'm not there, but it's honestly the best it's been (now that I'm in my mid-40s). I've had help, though, by having treatments (Portrait skin resurfacing, Obagi, retin-A) to remove sun-damaged skin. My skin has gotten more sensitive as I've aged, then with the treatments it was super-sensitive. I finally found this talc-free pressed powder that was gentle on my skin. It did not accentuate the slight peeling on my skin as much as the liquid foundation I used to use, and I had found that Bare Minerals looked dry and cakey. This stuff blends in almost flawlessly (I apply over spf 55 Neutrogena) and over time actually looks dewy (not greasy). I've been told my skin is "glowing." The only issue I have is around my eyes the skin is more papery and this can accentuate that, but on the rest of my face it looks flawless. It's quick and easy to apply. I use a concealer on certain spots and sometimes the green color-correcting powder (I have a tendency to have some redness in areas) and then this on top with a PF blusher. I've recently been using the Kabuki brush from BE and it makes it flawless! It looks natural even in bright daylight. I'm not a huge fan of packaging with the mirror the way it has to be flipped up, but I can deal with it. Never use the brush that comes with it. I have a little difficulty finding the perfect color but it blends easily down my neck. I think if the top of the container were not convex, then I could so easily stack my different blushers/bronzers but instead they have to be set out all over my counter.
Update: 2/11/2010 I still use this foundation. I use different colors in layers. The translucent is too light and does not look flattering to me, but it has a yellowish base and is great to camouflage reddish areas. Then, I go back over with the creamy natural to put a little color on my face (and neck!). I am now using the RX concealer from PF. I'm still not a fan of the compact and the brush is useless so I just through it away.

Pros - good colour match for my skin.
Cons - Everything else!!!
This looks powdery and cakey on my skin. It gets streaky as the day wears on. I have to use far too many layers to get any sort of coverage (and I don't bother with heavy coverage from any foundation) and the packaging sucks.

on 10/4/2007 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

[Update 10/15/07 -- Try this pressed mineral powder with a foundation brush or sponge - for even BETTER coverage and less "fall-out". Still loving it. :-D]
I purchased this powder based on MUA reviews. I was in search of a not too $$ mineral powder/talc-free powder, because my 40-something skin has been experiencing more frequent break-outs. :-( I opted for a translucent powder (no colored powder falling off on your clothing) and a pressed formula (not as messy as loose powder, and portable). I am pleased with this product - especially for the price. There are two translucent shades - Translucent Light, and Translucent. I opted for the latter. It is sheer and just right for my somewhat fair complexion without being too "ghosty". I don't wear foundation - I use this in conjunction with Lauren Hutton's face disk. It's just right if you're looking for a sheer, natural matte powder - for oil absorption - and not too pigmented/beige-y. I would re-purchase this powder. :-)

on 3/15/2005 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I agree with the reviews below that this is a little pricey for drugstore powder but this time I don't mind because it looks great on my face. I've ordered various "minerals" products in the past and invariably been disappointed. This is the finish I've been hoping for. I've been applying with a powder puff and you really do need to go easy because it picks up a load of powder. The finish is kind of velvety and really covers most anything. I didn't notice a shiny forehead five hours later, either. Only three shades leave a lot to be desired but, fortunately, the beige was a perfect match for me. I paid $12.95 and will be looking for it to go on sale so I can stock up. This is the prettiest result I've found in years. (Which naturally means they'll discontinue it next week!).