Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by age: 30-35
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I am always looking for a talc free powder (talc makes me itch) with coverage that sets foundation and control oil. I was really hoping this one would be it but alas, it was not. I got this is in translucent light which strangely looks lighter then the translucent shade. It's surprisingly heavy coverage and gets cakey really fast. So I apply a small amount and buff it in and my skin looks flawless. But...I'm an oil slick within an hour and I can't powder it down. I look soooooo shiny. So sadly, this is getting returned.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's a decent powder for its price. It has a nice matte finish which I love and it stays on my oily face for pretty long. Most importantly it doesn't break me out. I have repurchased this at least 4 times already. This is my favorite drugstore powder. But be careful if u're gonna use it as a "powder" cos I found that its coverage is not as light as a "powder" should be. I tried using it to set my foundation and BB cream but end up looking cakey. It works best as a powder foundation in my opinion. And the range of shades is not great. The packaging is flimsy too, even for a drugstore product. So for all these reasons I have to take one lippie off.

on 1/15/2016 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've had this product (in different colors) for years. It was the only powder I ever kept on hand. I do not wear makeup every day - nor do I wear concealer or foundation because I have extremely sensitive/acne prone skin. I use a benzoyl peroxide lotion after I wash my face to keep my acne at bay and my skin clear. Because of this, my skin IS clear, and I do not need heavy concealers/foundation. BUT - because I do use a topical treatment, my face tends to get shiny/oily and has a red/sunburned/suntanned overall color compared to my neck. BP will do that, unfortunately. So I use this as my only makeup. No foundation, no concealer.

It does battle shine (for me) but I do reapply later in the day - making sure to first blot my face with some toilet paper and then reapply a dusting on the shiny spots. Works great for me. Highly recommend if you have sensitive skin or using a topical acne treatment.

Edit: I still think this powder is great, but I do need something with more shine control, because this stuff is talc-free. I find that I have to reapply this often, almost every hour - and would like something better than that. However, it's great for skin that breaks out from everything. But what mineral wear/talc-free makeup users have to understand is that products free from talc may give you more shine easily, since talc is a natural oil/moisture absorber. I never realized why most mineral/talc-free products gave me shine faster, this is why. I also have noticed that when I apply the newer versions of this (in translucent) it's much more orange/color than it used to be. I'd like to have something truly sheer without much color, and I find that if I apply this more than once, it tends to start looking cakey or like I've put a lot of colored powder on.

I absolutely love this powder. I apply it with a Real Techniques powder brush and it just applies beautifully. I do agree that it does kick up a bit of powder, but I've used loose powders in the past so that doesn't bother me at all. I hate wearing foundation so I've been on a long search for a good powder and I finally found it. Also, I have very oily skin and this is the only powder that keeps it at bay. The coverage is very nice. It's not too cakey bc of how I apply it, but it definitely does provide decent coverage. Definitely holy grail and will continue to repurchase.

This powder was more coverage then i was expecting, and not in a bad way. The reason I wouldn't repurchase is because too much product comes off when using it. Like powder everywhere!! Very messy

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this pressed powder. I have it in "translucent", but it definitely has some color to it, especially if you apply it with a kabuki brush like I do. However, it works for my NC25 skin. I love how natural it looks. It keeps my skin matte way longer than most powders. It also feels light and gentle on my skin. My pores seem to not clog as easily when I use this. It also doesn't oxidize. The only thing I really don't like about it is how much powder gets kicked up when you run a brush across it. Overall, I plan on hoarding a bunch of these. The only thing I've found that I like better is Too Faced Amazing Face powder foundation, but it's way more expensive.

on 2/11/2015 10:15:00 PM

This made my face itch like crazy. The coverage was good before I had to wash it off.

on 11/8/2014 12:16:00 AM

This matches my skin pretty well but it looks heavier and more matte than I'd like. I use it over foundation or bb cream or sometimes on its own when I'm short on time. It doesn't last very long and I find that it can make me very oily sometimes. Overall just an okay product. It was pretty expensive for a drugstore product. I'm so sad my HG has been discontinued (Benefit Get Even). This compact is pretty big though, I think I will be using it for a while before I can try something else!
April update: Reducing my rating to 1. This stuff makes my face an oil slick within 2 hours. I think it has also been making me break out. The colour match is not bad but just not a good formula if you have oily, acne prone skin. I just tried CG radiance powder which is so far so good. It's been so long that my face wasn't an oil slick that I was so surprised!

on 10/12/2014 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

In dabbling with mineral powders lately (Mac MSFN & bare mins), I came across this product somewhere online and since they had it at my rite aid, I jumped on it. I heard it out performs them all - even its $$$ counterparts! Well I have to wholeheartedly agree!! When I put this on (I used a puff since I was using it as a foundation and wanted more coverage), ok, all good, stepped back... Then when I went to look closer something looked odd. I figured it out - this powder/foundation what have you makes my pores DIS. A. PEAR!!! I didn't buy it for that, it's not advertised as such... But it really truly does! Where if I want bare mins to cover my pores I have to buff in so hard (or else it MAGNIFIES them), and having tried all the pore minimizers out there, this lasts all day and actually makes my skin look like porcelain! Sooo pleasantly surprised at that. I strongly suggest trying this for oily skin/large pores. I used murad oil control mattifier under this, and glam glow hydrating mask on my dry patches. I am nw/nc 20/warm beige in bobbi brown, and creamy natural was perfect. I've sweated in this, wore all day... With nary a touch up. But the beauty part is u can touch up since it's a powder! Oh I've also tried Jane I.'s pressed mineral and it was like the BM: magnified pores unless I buffed in very hard. I also plan to try this as a setting powder over a TM or my bobbi skin stick foundation.

on 6/24/2014 6:37:00 PM

Ok. I have a few comments about this powder, if you're interested (which I'm guessing you are if you are browsing this site. heh)

This is not at all the worst powder I have ever used. I have a few pros I will elaborate on in a second but unfortunately, there are also cons. And for me, the negatives outweigh the positives I'm afraid to say.

I'll start with the pros:

1) I really liked the colour match. I bought it in Translucent Light (since I have very pale skin) and found that the undertones to the powder were yellow instead of the traditional pink. That made me quite happy because I do lean more toward yellow toned skin over pink. Anyway, it was one of the best for colour indeed.

2) It seemed to admirably control shine. Not the BEST, imo, but I would say that it did hold up well considering.

3) It really goes on very silky. It has a lovely smooth texture that certainly evens out your skin tone at the same time. I did like the initial pocelain look it produced.

HOWEVER.

Here come the cons…

1) First and foremost, and unfortunately for me the deciding factor in my decision never to repurchase: it does not blend into your skin enough. Meaning that hours after you apply, and you happen to come across a mirror, you CAN see that you are wearing makeup. Urg. I'm sorry to say but that does not work for me. I have tried other brands that are just not as obvious as this one. Perhaps if you were always situated in appropriate lighting, it would not matter but most of us can't control that part of our day lol. Anyway, I really dislike knowing that it is glaringly obvious you're wearing a setting powder. There are other powders that provide the same positives that don't make you cringe at that thought.

2) My second con (which I suppose could actually be seen as a pro - but not for me xD) is that it is VERY difficult to remove. I use a scrub at the end of the day and it takes me 3 washes to remove this powder. I mean, yes, I use a mosturizer before application but never before have I had to wash 3 times, it was that stubborn.
I mentioned it could be seen as a positive and that is because it means that once applied - it's NOT budging for the day! Some people may find that beneficial. But in my opinion, this takes that idea a bit too far and I can't help but wonder - if it is that hard to remove, it MUST be clogging pores as well, right?

Overall, I can't say it's terrible because it's not. But it's also not something I would recommend for my reasons above. Won't be repurchasing.

Alright, alright I'm done talking about this now. If you read it all, you're a star. :P