Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 25-29
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

4.1

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 11/3/2018 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because I found a cheap one at Ross. I have normal skin, sensitive, about NC20 in color. Most of the time I have pretty decent skin, so I don't need much coverage: I just use some concealer under my eyes and on blemishes and use a powder foundation to even out the color of my face.

This lasts pretty well on me (but it can partly be because of my sunscreen, which also works as a primer), doesn't break me out or irritate my skin. The color - strange enough - suits me well.

I enjoy using this, but probably wouldn't repurchase just because I prefer Bare Minerals pressed or loose powder foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This Powder.
It’s amazing.
I have it in translucent, but it is fair as hell. I’m fair/light though, so it’s perfect for me. This is my HG powder, pressed or loose. I use this to set the under eye and as an all over foundation/powder. It’s pigmentated as I can ask. It makes my skin look airbrushed. It feels like nothing is on. I don’t know what I did before this powder. I used the Mineral Wear in the blue compact, but this is even better. This over any base erases anything, really. I have decent skin to begin with, but this takes it to the next level.
The powder seems to last all day. Just as long as any powder - pressed or loose, pressed on or baked.
There is no scent, which is great. PF powders have never irritated my sensitive skin. I will admit, I’ve slept with them on (*slaps wrists*), and they never clogged my pores either.
My only complaint is the price. It’s quite expensive for “drugstore”, but prices have been going up for other brands anyway. I have several PF powder compacts though, and have yet for one to run out. So they do last a long time for the price.
I honestly can say that a Physician’s Formula product has not disappointed me yet. I’ve tried their tinted moisturizer, mascara, powders, and eyeliners, and I love them all. I really don’t see a need to spend a lot of money on high end makeup with brands like Physicians Formula and Wet ‘n Wild.
Highly recommend for fair/light skinned.
A+

on 10/23/2015 12:13:00 AM

I spent hours reading the reviews of this and was super excited to try it...but ended up being pretty bummed with the results.
At first, I tried it in the color "translucent". I don't consider myself very tan, actually I would say fair skinned with golden undertones but then again I do live in California, so there's that. Anyway, this way just too white for my face. Coverage was nice, but gave me a ghostly like appearance that no amount of bronzer could fix (I bought the bronzer from the same line, which was okay but not as great as the $4 NYC bronzer I usually buy).
So I kept the translucent hoping that I can maybe use it in winter, and went back to CVS and bought the only other color they have, which is "beige".
This one just didn't seem to have the same coverage as the translucent does. It came out rather spotty and streaky, and just didn't match my skin tone correctly either. Pretty bummed and in my opinion these are WAY overpriced.
Packaging was pretty bulky too - and not a fan of the bright blue compact it comes in. Meh.
I returned the beige to CVS and will try the translucent again in winter to see if it matches my skin a little better.

on 5/11/2015 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing! It has great coverage for a powder foundation. I have cystic acne and this mostly covers it. I use the E.L.F powder brush and quickly pat this on my face and go to school! (No primer or concealer) The only downsides are that the colors run a bit dark and orange and that, in my INCREDIBLY oily t-zone, it isn't the best at controlling oil. I use translucent (I prefer light translucent but it isn't sold in a lot of stores in my area and the name is contradicting bc translucent actually has color and coverage lol) and it is slightly orange on my skin. I have combination skin that's SUPER SUPER oily in my t zone and normal everywhere else. The powder has good staying powder everywhere except for my t zone, but to be honest, N O T H I N G ever stays remotely matte in my t zone. Despite that, I've bought this powder about 6 times because I love it so much. Anyways, I still use this everyday and have bought this about 6 times.

on 11/17/2014 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in "Creamy Natural". I don't really like this very much. It goes on very loose and kind of makes me look like a ghost. It was supposed to be more translucent, or maybe I am imagining things. It's supposed to be "color correcting" but really all it does is make me look much more pale and sickly. The consistency is very thin. When you use the brush that comes with it, it ends up kicking up a LOT of product dust and it goes everywhere. I've used my It Cosmetics powder brush with it and it looks a little better. All in all its just way to dusty for me.

on 10/8/2014 8:57:00 AM

This has become my new everyday foundation and I'm so happy with it. I used to use MAC MSF natural in medium as a powder foundation. Everyday, I would put concealer on the areas I need and then just dust it all over my face. But I would need to replace it every 2 months or so and became quite pricey overtime. I have tried other drugstore brands and even tried the other mineral wear powder but they all had something about them that I didn't like. They were either not finely milled enough or the other mineral wear powder I got (airbrushed) was just too shiny and didn't give me the same look as the MAC. I remember trying this powder out in the loose form years ago and didn't like it because I was using it to set my foundation back then and felt like it was too cakey/heavy. But this time around, applying it the way I do the MSF, floored me! It was almost exactly the same. I can't pinpoint the actual difference it is so similar but I do notice I don't need to swirl my brush in it as much as the MSF to get enough product on my face, since this actually can look like too much If I go in more than once with my brush on each half of my face. I use the colour creamy natural and it matches me perfectly. Really happy I found this! I pick it up whenever I see it on sale :)

on 6/23/2014 12:59:00 PM

I love this face powder. The only powder that i am using without breaking out. Mine is in buff beige. The shade is so natural on me.

I bought this in sand beige for summer when I'm tan. It works great and doesn't break out my sensitive skin. I just bought the translucent shade for the upcoming winter months and it's the very hard to find 'for super sensitive skin' type. (I bought the LAST ONE) I'm excited to try it out! I will update when I begin using it.

UPDATE: I have used this for a good year, and this powder is FANTASTIC. I have hit pan fantastic. And that almost never happens, due to me being extra picky with my makeup. The coverage is impressive. It does not break my very sensitive skin out at all. Ingredients are better than most powders. This powder will give you medium full coverage without looking cakey and giving you powder face. I'm amazed it's so cheap, considering I've paid way more money for powders, and I haven't found anything that is this good. At about $10, this is a steal. Highly recommended, and considering how cheap it is, there is nothing to lose!

on 2/5/2014 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

(Edited)
I have very oily skin and it gets clogged very easily. This powder doesn't break me out, nor clogs my pores, which I absolutely love. I use the shade Cremy Natural and it's a teeny, tiny bit light for my light/medium skintone, but it's nothing I can't work with. This powder provides a medium coverage (leaning towards the lighter side of medium coverage). It covers quite well most of my few hyperpigmentation spots caused by acne scarring. I wouldn't say it covers really red or dark spots- I still use concealer on top of very dark or red spots. The consistency of this powder is very soft, BUT it's so soft that the powder goes absolutely EVERYWHERE if you're not careful. I apply it with a powder brush and I have to just tap the brush into the product, not rub it because otherwise it goes everywhere and you end up loosing a lot of the product. I like my skin to look as natural as possible, and with a light touch, this powder does look very natural, but if you keep applying too much it can look quite cakey and it becomes quite noticeable that you have makeup on.

I wouldn't say it controls shine, at all. In fact I think I look shinier than with my other powders, but that's not that big of an issue for me, I just blot the excess shine and I'm good to go. The packaging is a little bit too bulky for my taste, but that's not a big deal to me either. I'd say that the price is quite high for a drugstore powder (about $13.95). And I don't like the fact that I can only find this at CVS. Other than that, I think the product is quite good and will probably repurchase.

on 12/11/2013 12:10:00 PM

I use this powder in translucent and it does the job well with some blending. The added SPF is a major positive aspect for me as i use it in conjunction with an SPF moisturizer. It goes on smoothly and stays on for most of the day. it does not make my face look powdery, and is not thick, but the perfect amount of light coverage. the only thing im not crazy about is the compact design. the mirror and brush are located below the powder disk, so i feel like i lift the dish up to use the brush, spilling powder (this can get very loose once you get dusting). i usually use is with a separate mirror compact.