Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by age: 25-29
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This Powder.
It’s amazing.
I have it in translucent, but it is fair as hell. I’m fair/light though, so it’s perfect for me. This is my HG powder, pressed or loose. I use this to set the under eye and as an all over foundation/powder. It’s pigmentated as I can ask. It makes my skin look airbrushed. It feels like nothing is on. I don’t know what I did before this powder. I used the Mineral Wear in the blue compact, but this is even better. This over any base erases anything, really. I have decent skin to begin with, but this takes it to the next level.
The powder seems to last all day. Just as long as any powder - pressed or loose, pressed on or baked.
There is no scent, which is great. PF powders have never irritated my sensitive skin. I will admit, I’ve slept with them on (*slaps wrists*), and they never clogged my pores either.
My only complaint is the price. It’s quite expensive for “drugstore”, but prices have been going up for other brands anyway. I have several PF powder compacts though, and have yet for one to run out. So they do last a long time for the price.
I honestly can say that a Physician’s Formula product has not disappointed me yet. I’ve tried their tinted moisturizer, mascara, powders, and eyeliners, and I love them all. I really don’t see a need to spend a lot of money on high end makeup with brands like Physicians Formula and Wet ‘n Wild.
Highly recommend for fair/light skinned.
A+

on 6/20/2016 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily skin which is acne prone in recent years...which is strange coz ive always had clear skin in my younger years. Im 27, asian, nc 42 according to mac and i do enjoy this product. So far it hasnt broken me out yet and lets hope it stays that way. It does feel like my own skin and when i wear it alone, not even my sister could make out that i have make up on. She just said my skin looks a lot better and she was surprised to hear that i had make up on. This product stays forever which touch ups, does keep oil at bay and never cakes up. Amazing amazing amazing! Best powder ive ever tried and ive tried a lot, mac, clarins, etc etc ive spent so much money on powders that i couldbt use coz my skin is so damn sensitive. So hey! If you are reading this, u get this powder and u wont regret it.

on 10/23/2015 12:13:00 AM

I spent hours reading the reviews of this and was super excited to try it...but ended up being pretty bummed with the results.
At first, I tried it in the color "translucent". I don't consider myself very tan, actually I would say fair skinned with golden undertones but then again I do live in California, so there's that. Anyway, this way just too white for my face. Coverage was nice, but gave me a ghostly like appearance that no amount of bronzer could fix (I bought the bronzer from the same line, which was okay but not as great as the $4 NYC bronzer I usually buy).
So I kept the translucent hoping that I can maybe use it in winter, and went back to CVS and bought the only other color they have, which is "beige".
This one just didn't seem to have the same coverage as the translucent does. It came out rather spotty and streaky, and just didn't match my skin tone correctly either. Pretty bummed and in my opinion these are WAY overpriced.
Packaging was pretty bulky too - and not a fan of the bright blue compact it comes in. Meh.
I returned the beige to CVS and will try the translucent again in winter to see if it matches my skin a little better.

on 5/11/2015 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing! It has great coverage for a powder foundation. I have cystic acne and this mostly covers it. I use the E.L.F powder brush and quickly pat this on my face and go to school! (No primer or concealer) The only downsides are that the colors run a bit dark and orange and that, in my INCREDIBLY oily t-zone, it isn't the best at controlling oil. I use translucent (I prefer light translucent but it isn't sold in a lot of stores in my area and the name is contradicting bc translucent actually has color and coverage lol) and it is slightly orange on my skin. I have combination skin that's SUPER SUPER oily in my t zone and normal everywhere else. The powder has good staying powder everywhere except for my t zone, but to be honest, N O T H I N G ever stays remotely matte in my t zone. Despite that, I've bought this powder about 6 times because I love it so much. Anyways, I still use this everyday and have bought this about 6 times.

on 4/26/2015 12:19:00 PM

I really really like this powder foundation!

PROS:
TALC FREE
LIGHTWEIGHT
MEDIUM COVERAGE
HOLDS UP WELL OVER TIME
GOOD FOR COMBO SKIN
DRUGSTORE CONVENIENT
STILL LOOKS LIKE SKIN

CONS:
SMALL SHADE RANGE (3 COLORS)
CAN GET DUSTY
HAVE TO PREP SKIN IF DRY

***ABOUT MY SKIN/MY THOUGHTS:
I am about an NW15/NC15 in MAC and I wear the translucent shade of this powder. I have moderate dry flakey skin on sides of my nose but can have combo skin on my face next to nose and chin when it's warmer weather. I feel like this powder really blends into my skin way better than any liquid form of foundation I've tried. My all time fave liquid foundation is Tarte amazonian clay 12 hour full coverage in the squeeze tube. I love that stuff!! That foundation is a bit thick when out of the tube but can be sheered out beautifully. It's hard for me to find a foundation that works on my combo skin and dry patches. I have to constantly exfoliate my nose and moisturize a lot. The PF powder foundation is my HG summer foundation at the moment and I love love love that it's from the drugstore! It provides pretty great coverage (very good medium) and seems to last a good 6-8 hours or more if not in crazy heat. I will definitely repurchase this and use during the summer. It can get a little powdery n dusty if u pat a brush too hard into the compact but will not prevent me from using. Definitely give it a try end if u have dry skin....which I know using a powder on dry skin is a no no. Just exfoliate well and use a face oil or good moisturizer a few mins before applying. I love how light it feels and is never tacky feeling like liquids can be. I use the Cetaphil moisturizer, then bare minerals primer (original) and the loreal miracle blur to fill in pores n fine lines. Then I use the PH powder foundation all over. Then i set with Urban Decay all nighter setting spray since it is a powder. I also use Maybeline instant age rewind eraser under eyes & on small imperfections to conseal before applying the powder. This is my GO TO FOUNDATION ROUTINE.

So After wearing this around a few days I did feel that it was very drying for my combination skin. I can literally feel it sucking out the moisture of my skin and also accentuating dry patches which I didn't know I even had especially for the spring time I usually do not get very dry this time of year. I tried a setting spray but it didn't help minimize the dry patches (and I use really good moisturizers too) I will definatelly try a primer underneath and see if that makes a difference otherwise this might only work during super humid months for my skin type. Next I will try "flower" Powder trip powder foundation (walmart) which is on beauty pedia under best foundations - sounds less drying/cakey.

on 1/24/2015 12:13:00 PM

I bought this in the shade "Translucent." It's not translucent at all; in fact, it's quite pigmented. I wouldn't mind this, since a nicely pigmented pressed powder would be a very useful thing. However, herein lies the problem. "Translucent" should be, if not entirely translucent, at least a very light color, right? Wrong! At least according to Physician's Formula.

I'm very pale and even when applied with a very light hand, this turned me oompa loompa orange. I used a semi-fluffy powder brush and picked up the powder using a dabbing (not sweeping) motion, and lightly swept it across my face. Orange. So I tried "buffing" it into my skin, hoping the orange would tone down with some blending. Nope. Just well-blended orange now.

Why -- for goodness sake, why -- would you make an ORANGE powder and label it "Translucent"? If you aren't going to make an appropriately pale shade, then just abandon that pretense and start your color range off with "Warm Beige" as your lightest shade or something. Good grief.

That being said, I gave it a "2" because the powder does have a lovely texture. Smooth, finely milled, matte but not chalky, and easy to apply. The compact is a bit bulky (due mostly to the inclusion of a not-especially-useful brush) but decent quality. If you can find a color match, I would still recommend giving the powder a shot. I can't speak to breakouts, irritation, etc. as I didn't have it on my face long enough to test those. Just be aware that you'll probably want to buy a shade or two lighter than you normally would.

on 12/12/2014 10:03:00 PM

Absolutely love this. It's usually difficult for me to find a color match when it comes to drugstore products, but Sand Beige is perfect on me (MAC NC 40). Granted, my skin is naturally pretty good, but this made my skin flawless! And it looks very natural, like I don't even have makeup on. I even love this more than the Super BB Powder. I'm not a fan of the applicator it came with, and like to use my Ecotools retractable kabuki instead. Powder is finely milled. Packaging is very cute. Only down side is that darker shades are hard to find. Went to several drugstores and Walmarts before I finally had to order my shade from Amazon.

on 11/17/2014 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in "Creamy Natural". I don't really like this very much. It goes on very loose and kind of makes me look like a ghost. It was supposed to be more translucent, or maybe I am imagining things. It's supposed to be "color correcting" but really all it does is make me look much more pale and sickly. The consistency is very thin. When you use the brush that comes with it, it ends up kicking up a LOT of product dust and it goes everywhere. I've used my It Cosmetics powder brush with it and it looks a little better. All in all its just way to dusty for me.

on 10/8/2014 8:57:00 AM

This has become my new everyday foundation and I'm so happy with it. I used to use MAC MSF natural in medium as a powder foundation. Everyday, I would put concealer on the areas I need and then just dust it all over my face. But I would need to replace it every 2 months or so and became quite pricey overtime. I have tried other drugstore brands and even tried the other mineral wear powder but they all had something about them that I didn't like. They were either not finely milled enough or the other mineral wear powder I got (airbrushed) was just too shiny and didn't give me the same look as the MAC. I remember trying this powder out in the loose form years ago and didn't like it because I was using it to set my foundation back then and felt like it was too cakey/heavy. But this time around, applying it the way I do the MSF, floored me! It was almost exactly the same. I can't pinpoint the actual difference it is so similar but I do notice I don't need to swirl my brush in it as much as the MSF to get enough product on my face, since this actually can look like too much If I go in more than once with my brush on each half of my face. I use the colour creamy natural and it matches me perfectly. Really happy I found this! I pick it up whenever I see it on sale :)