Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 19-24
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 10/28/2016 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this powder a lot because it doesn't break me out. It's talc and silicone free which is so difficult to find in foundations.
It covers my redness well but not my spots and acne scars so I would say this gives light to medium coverage (leaning more towards light). However, whilst it does an excellent job of taking away shine, it can be very drying so be careful of using it around the eye area. My one major gripe though (which may stop me from repurchasing) is that the foundation is too dark for my skin, oxidises and turn orange. My face actually looks orange and darker than the colour of my neck. I use translucent light (which is the lightest shade) but unfortunately it is still not light enough :(

Pros:
- talc free and silicone free (yay!), doesn't break me out
- covers redness well
- fantastic at reducing shine and oil
- very natural looking and un-cakey (if it wasn't for the shade difference, I wouldn't be able to tell I'm wearing makeup)
- SPF

Cons:
- the shade translucent light is too dark and orange for my skin (perhaps I could use this as a bronzer?)
- drying when used over time
- oxidises
- doesn't provide acne-prone skin enough coverage (definitely need to follow up with concealer)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG status! My search for a decent Jane Iredale purepressed base is finally over! Tati was so right when she compared this to JI. However, I find that this powder has an even better benefit over JI's powders - it mattifies better and has better coverage.

I have fair-light skin with yellow/olive undertones, which makes it impossible to find foundation shades at the drugstore. I picked up the powder in Translucent Light which I found was just a touch too light for my tanned skin in the summer, so I also picked up Buff Beige and I mix them. I highly recommend this powder if you want to look flawless without the obvious "I'm wearing foundation!" look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

(For reference, my skin colour is N3 in the L'oreal True Match line. I have an oily T-zone and dry patches which are more prominent in winter time.) I started using this product last year because I was looking for a replacement for liquid foundation for daily wear. I got the shade Buff Beige at first and I liked the product. I would first apply concealer under my eyes first and then I applied this powder with a normal makeup sponge. I would start to apply it by patting it in areas that needed more coverage. So my nose, and my chin and so on. After application, my face looked matte but quite natural! I also noticed that it reduced the appearance of pores on my nose. It does cover redness but to a certain extent. If you have lots of redness, I suggest using a concealer or layering the powder to cover it. I really like the coverage because it is medium coverage but build-able. However, the colour match was not good for me. It was way too pink and dark for my skin tone. But I didn't want to waste the product so I tried to make it work. I couldn't FULLY finish it before I trying out another colour since I was so unhappy with Buff Beige. So I got the shade Translucent, which is not actually translucent. It's a perfect match for my skin tone. I did notice that the Buff Beige shade had more coverage than Translucent. I would consider Translucent to be low coverage but also build-able. Overall, this powder does not last for a long time on my skin throughout the day. I would say about 4-5 hours. I don't re-apply it or ever touch up make-up throughout the day so I'm sure if I re-applied once I would be good to go. I'm really glad I don't wear liquid foundation on a daily basis anymore. This is perfect and it takes me under a minute to apply (I actually timed it)! My skin does look better, however that is probably due to a change in my skincare habits. But what's important is that this did not cause me to breakout! Yay! I would repurchase it again but I'm dying to branch out and discover the rest of the powder foundation world.

on 6/20/2014 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this powder in Matt beige and I like it very much.It gives light matte finish without looking cakey and doesnt oxidize.The only thing I dont like is the crappy packaging.

on 5/27/2014 10:17:00 AM

I bought this because someone on utube claimed this was like mac's mineralize skinfinish which I love to use but hate the price. Used this for a while loved it but the colours are hard to match my skin (use theres a translucent one but it makes me super pale lol) other than that it does what mac's does: gives extra coverage and controls shine/keeps oily skin controlled. If you can find a match to your skin perfectly than I would totally use this than spending $20+ more on mac.

on 2/10/2014 11:53:00 PM

I like this product, it doesn't break my out or clog my pores, and it covers pretty good. I use it with my Elf Kabuki brush and to add more coverage I pat the powder in with my Elf powder brush. This powder is only full coverage if you use the sponge pad that it comes with and sweep it on your face but I find it gives a cakey look. I have oily skin and my face gets shiny after about an hour of wear. Although I'm not IN LOVE w/ it, I will continue to use it and repurchase because it's the only powder I've tried that hasn't worsened my skin.

on 1/28/2014 11:04:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I use this product now! I actually bought the set, which included the face powder/blush/bronzer. I love these powders. It doesn't cake on your face and it brightens up my skin. I don't feel like I'm wearing 10 pounds of make up and this makes you look beautiful while looking natural which is hard when you have to wear makeup. I would definitely in a heart beat buy this product again I use this every day.

on 7/4/2013 8:07:00 PM

I really love this product! I wanted to switch from liquid to powder foundation most days because I have oily skin and powder foundation is just easier and quicker to apply, and this was my first powder foundation ever. It has good coverage for a powder, applies easily, melts into my skin nicely, keeps my skin matte (except for my nose, but that happens no matter what I do), and doesn't break me out.

HOWEVER, the packaging really sucks. It's bulky and the actual powder part is tiny. I've already hit pan and I only bought the product in mid-May. It only took me a month and a half to hit pan, which is kind of ridiculous. It comes with a crappy little brush which I think is useless. They should get rid of it and add more product to the pan. Also, it's $20 in Canada, which is really expensive for a drugstore product that I go through so quickly. I would repurchase this though because the product itself is really great. I've been using it almost every day since I bought it.

In terms of staying power, I can last a 9-5 workday without reapplication, but if I were to go out after work or something, I'd need to touch up.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really love this powder. I have very oily and acne prone skin. I bought this powder in the mineral kit in light found at walmart for about $20 and I decided to try it out. The mineral kit comes with a mineral wear face powder, mineral blush, and a finishing veil (which I absolutely love). The mineral powder I got was in creamy natural. It is a bit pinkish in undertone but it is pretty light so I just lightly sweep it over my T-zone. I have a yellow undertone (NC20-25) The coverage is buildable from light to medium. I tend to just use this to set my makeup especially if I need a little bit more coverage. I highly recommend for those oily skinned girls. I am tempted to try the translucent colors but looking at the other reviews, it tends to be for the lighter skinned girls. I usually get super oily within two hours without setting my makeup with a powder but this helps my face stay matte for about 6 hours!!! LOVE IT, ULTA and CVS was doing a 40% sale recently. I am not sure if it is still going on. I will definitely repurchase when I am out of powder :D

on 4/6/2013 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am NOT a fan of powder foundation. but this is probably the most velvety soft feel powder foundation i've felt.. with exception of the mac studio fix powder foundation..
UNFORTUNATELY I purchased a shade too dark , FOR REFERENCE, I am an NC30 and I got the BEIGE. Beige will suit NC40 Skin tone.. it looked incredible muddy on my face i had to wipe it off!! but the coverage was MEDIUM. not fuLL.
i HAVE moderate acne scarring and I need a Full coverage foundation. I am not a concealer type of girl.. I want 1 product that will do it all!!!

I compared the classic beige to the beige and the classic looked as if it had pink undertones.. and the Beige looked more yellow.. It appears MUCH darker on the face then if u swatch it on ur hand... So beware!! Buy from somewhere with a return policy like CVS or ULTA.

qUALITY of packaging is ok.. but Bulky and round. they need to renovate the classic look and maybe turn it into a square packaging.