REVLON Super Lustrous Lipstick (Creme) - Rose Velvet

REVLON Super Lustrous Lipstick (Creme) - Rose Velvet
Super Lustrous Lipstick (Creme) - Rose VelvetSuper Lustrous Lipstick (Creme) - Rose VelvetRevlon Super Lustrous - RoseVelvetSassyMauveSuper Lustrous Lipstick (Creme) - Rose Velvet

4.5

on 9/12/2018 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Well, I am totally surprised by this lipstick! Rose Velvet is an elegant, muted warm rose that I would expect to find at a Chanel counter. I can't tell you how hard it's been to find any pink based lip colors that don't look garish and ridiculous on me. I just assumed I would never be able to wear pink makeup, ever. I'm embarrassed to think about how many lipsticks I've bought and tossed. I have quite fair but very golden skin (tan easily), green eyes, dark blonde hair, and I look TERRIBLE in cool colors. Soft Autumn colors, all the way. If you're used to wearing lip colors called "terracotta red" "raisin" or "spice" this pink might work for you! I also appreciate that this is just a few shades deeper than "nude" lip colors that always make me look dead or washed out.

on 2/28/2018 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a subdued, medium, dull, rosy nude color that would look great on people with neutral skintones. I fall around NC 42 in Mac, and I have golden olive undertones. I don't like how the color looks on me.

That said it goes on easily, and pigmented. It also has a cream finish that looks sophisticated and doesn't emphasize lines.

on 1/4/2018 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

A beautiful and creamy lipstick that looks very natural and enhances my fair complexion. The colour is a lovely muted rosy brown that looks great with either a neutral daytime look or a more dramatic evening/going out look. Wears well and doesn't dry out my lips.
Favorite

on 9/8/2017 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm fair with cool skin. Rose Velvet is okay on me, but it's definitely not my best color. It's not a true rose but more of a brown rose. The color is a tad too warm, dark and dull for my complexion. A better rose for me is Avon's Toasted Rose, which is lighter and has more pink in it. Rose Velvet would probably look amazing on someone with a medium to dark complexion and neutral or warm undertones.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product! Colour suits my skin super well and my dry lips wont dry out from this. And the plastic packaging is sturdy enough to suffer a few falls.

on 2/26/2017 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

i swatched this only once on lips and fell in love(bought it today one of the four revlon lippes).
I like how opaque it is and looks simple.
Not sure about the staying power since i only swatched. Might get a backup when it goes on sale again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I absolutely love Revlon lipsticks, lipliners and glosses, so it is hard for me to give anything less than a stellar review for one of their lip products, but I would rate this at a solid 3.75. Even though I would probably repurchase, this particular lipstick is never going to be a favorite of mine.

When freshly applied, this color is OUTRAGEOUS. Totally opaque, creamy, ever-so-slightly glossy deeper nude with more of a browny undertone than a rosy or mauvey one. It is definitely on the warmer side, which I can get behind, but just take note if that's not your thing.

Where this gets iffy is in the wearability department. I'm not a hard-to-please lipstick diva, I don't insist on anything unrealistic when it comes to wear times for products that don't explicitly state they'll last all day. If I take in a beverage or a meal I don't expect my lipstick to tag along for the ride. But this particular shade was already noticeably fading not even two hours into application, and my lips hadn't touched anything so...

It is also worth noting, this is one of the very, very few lipsticks I've ever worn that got on my teeth not once but SEVERAL times throughout the day. As opaque as this is, it is the farthest thing from long-wearing as I've ever encountered in a lipstick. If you're someone who has ample time to reapply lipstick throughout the day (or just doesn't care), and the shade is in your wheelhouse, you will love this to no end.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

If you are an older gal like myself (or really any woman who like a natural-looking lip), you need this in your life! Such a flattering shade that I think many skin tones can wear and can easily be built up. While this is somewhat of a nude-mauve shade on me, but I feel like this goes with many tones and shades of clothing/eye looks. I have seen this described online as a "brown-based dusky mauve." and I agree with that.

I get no settling in lip lines, feels great and somewhat moisturizing, definitely very comfortable to wear, which my 45 year old lips appreciate! Easy to apply, does not turn funny nor funky colors, does not get gummy nor gunky, just behaves very nicely! The only thing I found that might be a 'complaint' is that this shade does not last long at all for me. I get a couple hours of wear time out of this, and if eating, it vanishes completely by the end of the meal. But it is so great in every other aspect, I am okay to have to reapply every few hours or after a meal. Revlon makes some great shades that I feel could pass for lip products that are heftier price tags, and this one is no exception. Already bought a backup because things I really like always get discontinued, so I wanted to have a backup, just in case!! A great shade to throw on when running out the door, grocery trips, lunch or coffee with friends, a trip to the movies..anytime you want something "easy" and goes with just about everything!! This is one I want to always have in my purse and will always take with me on trips. It is so versatile, very comfortable and natural on it's own, and all-around just lovely! Very pleased.

This came in a package, along with a Revlon Colorstay "Nude" lip liner. It's a great neutral shade. Works well with my auburn hair and fair skin. I just wish it had a touch more pink. It's a light terra cotta shade that pulls just a little too much orange on me. It's a "cream" formula but looks pretty matte once applied. I felt like it needed a gloss. A good option at this price point.

on 6/15/2016 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great lipstick.......for someone else! For a drug store brand it is hard to beat Revlon, especially considering all of the options they offer. This color just doesn't work for me. It pulled very "orangey" on my NW20 skin. So disappointed after all of the glowing reviews here. I used to wear this and Smokey Rose when they first came out, and back then both had a lot more pink in them. I probably won't toss this, I will just mix it with a cooler lipstick or liner...just too warm for me!