The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just finished the last of this compact. I really liked it (this was my 2nd one & very last one) I really liked all of TBS tea tree oil products but this was the finishing touch to the line and now is no longer available. I mainly used this this powder in the hotter summer months & it controlled oil in my T-zones.

on 10/10/2009 2:35:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm sorry, but this really broke me out. I got this in a swap. None of the colors matched me to begin with, made me oilier when in fact I don't have oily skin, and I didn't care for the tea tree scent. The compact felt nice and sturdy though, hence one lippie

on 8/3/2007 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is a great product, I'm regretting not buying back-ups of this. I actually purchased it for $1CAD because they were discontinuing it... how I didn't buy another, I don't know!

I love the faint scent of tea tree oil in the powder. It does a great job of mattifying the face after a long day and it doesn't feel heavy or cakey at all. A mirror in a compact is always great as well. I'm usually a NW25 and a medium for this powder seemed to match up perfectly. I thought it would be too dark when I saw it in the store, but it's actually a great match. The packaging is really convenient and easy to throw in your purse!

If TBS ever brings this back, I'd be more than happy to re-purchase!

Very angry this is discontinued. I've used this for about three years now, and I've been hoarding every single one I can find. Buildable color (light to medium coverage imo), keeps t-zone shine at bay, tea tree antiseptic for those prone to clogging and breakouts. This was an excellent, unique product. To be blunt, it was so stupid of TBS to get rid of this. I know tons of people who want this to be brought back. Other companies have tried to mimic this but IMO they fail horribly. Sometimes they way companies discontinue the best products really baffles me.

on 3/16/2006 8:40:00 PM

Got this in medium which way to dark for my NC30 skin. So now i use it as a bronzer. Quite a good bronzer for me. Doesn't break me out or give me an allergic reaction. i wouldn't purchase again as bronzer isn't something i really use, but i'm sure if i got this in my shade i would be fine.

on 2/7/2006 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

So who makes a skin color product with three colors? Well, luckily medium is the color for me!

Anyways, I really enjoyed the fact that this product has just the right color for my yellow undertones without making me feel like an orange!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyways, when i did manage to lighten up, I used to powder over my other makeup or not at all to just give me just enough of a tanned look, without bad ugly, orangy-copper bronzers.

This is among the worst powders I have ever had the misfortune to try. It is very coarse, the color selection is terrible, and the small amount of tree tea oil it contains will not make a difference to anyone's skin. When applied even lightly it looks very unnatural and your face appears to be covered with a heavy application of colored cornstarch. The only good thing about this product is that it is not tested on animals. Don't waste your money.

on 1/16/2006 10:35:00 PM

As the other review says, this has a horrid shade selection. Also, it looked very obvious on my skin and made my pores look bigger--but this could be because I bought the Medium color.Maybe if I got the Light it wouldn't look so bad.

on 11/28/2005 4:03:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Just gave this a trial run today & so far, so good. The packaging is great; there's a separate container for the powder and puff, which, by the way, is pretty good quality. It's nice and velvet-y and spreads powder evenly.

The powder itself is very nice. I got it in light and it suits me pretty well, just slightly lighter than my skin. It covers oil pretty well, but lasting power is only average, maybe a few hours, and my nose is shiny again. But it doesn't cake or look fake and gives my skin a smoother look. Another plus is there's no talc.

Retails for 13.00$USD & I would definitely repurchase.

For reference I have medium-light yellow toned dry skin with a very oily t-zone.

in my quest to be low-maintenance (i dont do the foundation/concealer thing), this powder is AMAZING!! it does have a nice cooling effect when you first put it on, and even though it is a powder, it does a wonderful job of evening me out without covering my freckles and other natural things that i like about my face. basically, it just polishes what you already have. and i notice that it does clear up my face nicely, which is a good excuse to wear it everyday :o) i have the medium shade, and though it has a lot of color at first, it blends amazngly well. i'd say that if you are thinking of getting it, go for it! :o)