REVLON Super Lustrous in Wine with Everything

REVLON Super Lustrous in Wine with Everything

4.4

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I bought this in the frosty version. I am so surprised how flattering this color is. It’s sort of a soft medium pinky red color that many people can probably wear. I have pale, cool tone skin tones and it looks good. I wear it everyday right now and get many compliments. It’s not too flashy or bright but shows up nicely. It can almost be worn as a neutral with some umph to it. I am on my second tube of this and will continue to buy it.

on 12/21/2017 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This shade is a muted burgundy on my lips and I love it! It reminds me of a less intense version of Revlon Blackberry, which I wore as a teen in the 90s. I only wish I would have bought it sooner! I love pretty much all of the Revlon lip products I own, and that's a pretty substantial number. I think this one is my favorite!

on 12/13/2017 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

(This review focuses mainly on the shade - not the formula, feel or longevity).

This is a tough one for me.... I put “yes” to repurchasing but I’m not sure I will. In theory, this is perfect for me: a berry, pink-y, mauve-y toned color that looks like it would be neutral enough to be an everyday, office appropriate lip color but dramatic enough to be equally appropriate for an evening out. In actuality, this reads as a very bright pink-y, purple-y lipstick with a sheen that makes it barely passable for me to wear in daylight - depending on the color clothes I’m wearing. If I’m wearing a neutral top/dress (yes, even black), it looks like I’m going to a nightclub. This is too bright on me to pass for a neutral burgundy lip color. (For reference, I’m a NW20 with red hair.) It reads as a fairly bright, medium pink. I like this color - and it seems to work for most - just be warned this looks far more innocent than it can be !!!!

on 11/14/2017 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I've owned both the pearl and creme version of this color. I like both. I wouldn't call this shade wine however. It's much warmer than a typical wine. So when I want to wear warmer toned blush or eyeshadow or even clothing that is warm toned, this fits the bill. It's not too dark or bright either. I don't have any other lipsticks that are close to this color. I feel very comfortable wearing it. I would also say it's more of a medium shade but its still a bit adventurous for me since I've always been more of a nude lip girl.

I've worn these Super Lustrous lipsticks forever. I love a lot of my more expensive lipsticks but the Super Lustrous formula is a good basic formula. Not too heavy or waxy. No matter what color you are going for you can almost always find a shade close to what you're looking for.

Highly recommend!

on 10/22/2017 6:41:00 PM

This is a soft red that I can wear everyday and it's one of my favorites, along with Rum Raisin, from the Super Lustrous line. Finally, my red lipstick! Will definitely buy this again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A friend recently turned me back on to Revlon lipsticks, which I wore back in the 70s and haven't touched since the 90s (Revlon Red, where are you when I need you?).

I remembered Wine With Everything from back in the 70s and decided to give it a try. For some reason, I remembered this shade as more of a burgundy, and I don't know if my memory is faulty or if they actually changed the color, but it's now an orange leaning soft red. There are two versions: pearl and creme, and I bought the pearl version.

Other reviews have mentioned that this color seems very dated, and it is. I could picture this back in the early 60s or 70s - this is not what one would call a "sophisticated" shade of lipstick in 2016. I have cool leaning light skin and very soft red hair and this shade was kind of "meh" on me. I think it's needs to be matched to your outfit for it to look it's best, and it is not going to be a "universal" skin tone type of lipstick.

edited 9-23-16. I hope my previously written review hasn't screwed any one up re this lipstick. I decided to wear it today and it looks more on the pinky side than orange. It looks like a soft-pinky red. Still dated looking but looks pretty with my pale yellow top. I've changed this from 4 lippies to 5. I honestly don't know how the color looked one way last week and like something different this week!

All that being said, the lipstick feels good on the lips and has no obvious taste or smell (big pluses for me). If the color works for you, it's a nice lipstick for under 10 bucks.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Why have I not already purchased this before?!?! LOL.. This is a great shade, I feel many skin tones could wear this. This is a cream formula (I am not sure why the one photo here says pearl? has this been re-formulated?); is very comfortable to wear. Can use one quick swipe for a flush of color, or build it up for something more bold, yet not too bold.

BUT, my favorite way to wear this is to apply this, then blot, and by blotting, it leaves a lovely, flattering 'stain' on my lips, that lasts me at least 2 to 3 hours. I like applying this in this manner, versus those matte lipsticks or liquid lipsticks that are all the (drying for me) trend. By blotting this, I get the same effect as the currently very-popular matte and liquid lipsticks that are all the rage currently, but this is much more comfortable to wear; not drying at all, no settling in my lip lines, does not make me look like I have 'old lady lips,' and by blotting, I get no transfer, just a natural-looking color/stain. Does not get gummy or gunky and does not turn funny colors one me or anything 'bad', blotted or not. Great little find at the drugstore. Honestly to me this is every bit as good as mid and high end lip products. Packaging is pretty basic, but I like it. Cap is easy to put on and of, and the cap stays on, very secure. No complaints.

on 7/17/2016 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My HG soft red, forever and ever, amen. Most comfortable formula in a lipstick I've ever found (well, alongside the discontinued nyx black label lippies), and it's sadly taken me years of wasting money on high-end inferior red lipsticks to realize it. The color is great for work and leisure - really does go with everything on my pale skin and dark hair.

UPDATE 2017: I just want to add here that I cleaned out an old handbag from last winter and found three empty tubes of this in it. It was funny because I'd just bought a new one and ended up giving it to a friend because she liked it so much. So now I have to get another to eventually add to my tube graveyard. Will repurchase (also Rum Raisin, my other fave). :)

on 2/20/2015 10:21:00 AM

Love Revlon Super Lustrous in general, and have about a dozen shades of it. This one's my least favorite. It looked pretty in the tube, a muted orange-red creme, but when applied...I can't explain it, except to agree with the reviewer who called it "dated." Although it's a warm-toned shade and I'm a warm-toned person who does okay with reds... This just made me look muddy and sallow. It reminds me of Wet 'n' Wild or other cheapo lipsticks from the '70s and '80s, when red shades weren't as crisp or sophisticated as they are now. It just has a flat, indistinct, "cheap" look on me. Oh well.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am a big fan of Revlon SL lipsticks and have Velvet Rose, Berry Rich, Mauve it Over. I was looking for a deeper Berry Rich and this was suggested to me. The color is off for me a cool toned NC10-20. I felt the color was too orange/red and just unflattering. It had a dated look to in - not quite 90's but not modern. Returned it.