Dior j'adore

j'adorej'adore

3.8

on 10/13/2017 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This perfume smells G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S! It is so strong, powerful, and just really beautiful. Do not wear this in warmer months though - it's definitely more of a cold winter perfume. Which is why it's lasted me over 5 years. It's a beautiful bottle and you just need a teeny tiny dab. Do not spray this all over yourself like some other perfumes because it is very strong. Just spray on your wrist and take your finger to that and add behind ears and that's it. No second spray needed. It's a gorgeous smell and I love it so very much.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This review is for the EDT. I don't hate J'adore, but I don't really think it is all that fabulous either. It has a lot going on, but it also smells really ordinary. To me, it is a youthful perfume that is trying really hard to smell grown up. I don't get any kind of fruit from this at all, just a faint generic fruitiness; I also can't really discern any specific flowers, just a general floral heart. I get a good amount of woods and some sweetness, but not enough to make the rest of the fragrance better in any way. Wet on the skin and in the bottle this just smells like perfume, neither great nor terrible, but also not remarkable in the least. On the skin, after significant drydown, it does start to smell better, but still not special or mind-blowing or even worthy of owning a full bottle. I almost feel like I am trapped in an elevator with two people with two really strong competing scents on. It is a shame that J'adore isn't better, because the bottle is really pretty, and the ads are always intriguing.

on 2/7/2017 12:08:00 PM

This is a beautiful floral-bouquet perfume, with notes of jasmine, rose and plum. It`s feminine and romantic, and apparently is a huge success for Dior. So why won't I buy it (my review is actually based on a sample)? Simply because floral fragrances are not ''me''; wearing it, I have the same feeling as when I occasionally get out of my comfort zone and wear a floral print - I fell as if I'm wearing somebody else's clothes. However, if you do like floral fragrances, this is definitely something to try. It's not unusual or innovative, but rather, more of a crowd-pleaser.

I have used this one and off during the last ten years. And I don't know maybe it's because I am getting older and appreciate more sophisticated scents over the floral fruity fresh kind, but I love this. My husband who is very sensitive to scents, actually says it's nice. I even went into NM and over did it with the sprayer. And he said I guess you were spraying perfume, but he said I like it. I bought the Tom ford soleil blanc and he had to ride with the window down in the jeep he hates it. He said it smells like rotting fruit. And I bought it and can't return it. So on eBay it goes. But jadore he likes. He said it's not offensive, and it seems to match my personality he said. And this man never makes comments on stuff like this. So all in all I am using it once again. Love it and love the large bottle. 5 ounces for 155$ and i did use my rewards money at Boston store and got 30$ off. So it was a great deal. I use the hair scent, bar soap which I love, and cream which is really scented and lasts all day and the oil. Try it you will love it if your over the VS scents.

on 4/21/2017 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this fragrance so much. I've had it for 15 years - my sister gave it to me because she didn't like it - and I fell in love with it instantly. It's rich, floral and spicy, and makes me feel so pretty. I am almost out, so I haven't worn it in a while, but every time I do, I remember all over again how much I love it. There are definitely some deeper notes in there - it's not a lightweight, flowery thing. It's incredibly sensual and luxurious. I need to get a new one very soon!

on 1/24/2017 10:10:00 AM

Beautiful, sophisticated, classy, If you are fond of jasmine essence then look no further. Try J'adore l'or the staying power is more intense.

on 6/18/2016 8:06:00 AM

My fav scent to wear. It's fresh, pretty but not sweet. It's a grown up pretty scent. Suitable for all seasons in my opinion.

Quite pricey but you do not need to spray much and the scent lingers on skin for the whole day and on clothes until you wash it.

on 4/10/2016 8:10:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is a pretty, fresh scent. I can smell a bit of citrus and some florals, would work any time of the year, for any age group. It's nice but not anything special to me. I love the bottle, it's beautiful. It's just not something I love, it's simply "okay". Would probably not repurchase.

on 11/29/2016 11:08:00 AM

this perfume deserves MUCH better reviews! it is the kind of perfume where you expect only the most beautiful women in the world to wear. it smells so angelic. i love it! i would 100% buy this again when it runs out! I'm not very good at describing smells but this one isn't too overpowering.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I agree with the previous review that this is a "pretty, fresh scent. I can smell a bit of citrus and some florals, would work any time of the year" and "I love the bottle, it's beautiful". I do like the clean, classy, classic look of the bottle. Fits nicely in the hand and sprays nicely. No weird contortion of the hand needed to spray this!! :)

I will add that I think this is a great overall womanly/grown up but not old-lady scent and for me the dry down is pretty much the same as when fist applied. This lasts on me 12 hours or more, and I disagree that this is an 'average' regular scent. In a world where syrupy sweet and extreme overtly fruity scents have seem to taken over the fragrance world, it is nice to see a sophisticated classy classic type of scent that is subtle and I think would please many noses (I've gotten lots of compliments on this and even my SIL with asthma and allergies like this, although fragrance is very subjective), I think this would be safe for work or school.. I will say that I think this is more of a grown woman scent, not sure the teens or tweens would appreciate this.

Main accords according to fragrantica.com:
MAIN ACCORDS:
floral
fruity
white floral
sweet
aquatic

To me, it is a sophisticated, classy scent that is womanly and not girly. Not overpowering. Lasts all day, does not turn funny or funky scents as it dries down. A winner in my book, and a pleasant surprise. Has fast become my 'go-to,' everyday scent!! Would definitely re-purchase.

Popular Fragrances