Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel Pads

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
No Image

3.5

Water (aqua), Lactic Acid, Butylene Glycol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Biosaccharide Gum 1, Pyridoxine, Glutamine, Arginine HCl, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos/Red Tea) Leaf Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Geranium Maculatum (Geranium) Extract, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil (Tangerine), Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Extract (Tangerine), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Glycine Soja Extract (Soybean), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil (Lemon), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange Peel) Oil (Orange), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract (Orange), Glycerin, Polyquaternium 10, DMDM Hydrantoin

on 1/30/2012 4:03:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is not a review of someone who has used this product over a period of time. I received this as a sample at Sephora. I had doubts because I'm not a huge fan of the Philosophy line. But I followed the directions last night and swiped the pad over my clean, just clarisonic-ed face. I was expecting a tingle...slight burn...nothing. I admit I've had so many peels and used so many different acids on my face that I'm probably desensitized, but I literally felt nothing. It dried quickly on my face. I don't want to say it felt sticky because it definitely wasn't...but my skin felt just a tiny bit...dewy? Not unpleasant. Also, please note, I had a GIGANTIC zit on my chin that felt cystic underneath a huge surface eruption. Usually these take weeks to shrink on me. I also wiped the pad on my elbows as one of my coworkers said it would make them 'very soft.'
I woke up this morning and my zit has shrunk to the size of a lentil. Not even exaggerating a little. I was shocked. Skin texture overall was smooth and makeup went on beautifully after washing. My elbows however, feel no different. I would have to try the pads on a consistent basis to see if it was in fact the pad that performed the miracle...or if I should start praying to an acne god who visited me overnight.

on 11/17/2011 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really love these. I have dry aging skin with discolored spots. I really think that including these in my skin care routine helps brighten my face.
I buy the large size, so-called "Multi-Use Pads". They're so handy because one will do my whole face and neck, and even décolletage. I love the smell, it's so clean and refreshing. And i don't mind how they feel, either. They are quite moist, so there's plenty of liquid to cover my face, neck, decolleté, even my lower arms and the back of my hands. On application, the liquid exfoliator is sticky, as others have said, but it dries down in about 5 min. or so, then i apply my moisturizer.
I find them convenient for traveling, since i can clean and exfoliate my face even if i'm not near clean running water. I just pop a few into a tiny zip lock bag.
I have found them gentle enough to use every other day, so a container of 100 lasts 200 days! And I have already repurchased them. These are always in my skin care kit.

on 9/27/2008 11:39:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've been using these for 2 weeks. I like them because it really evened my skin tone. When I get a zit, it automatically leaves a pink spot. Most of the foundation I was wearing was to cover those spots. Anyway, this faded them drastically, and I think it has also kept breakouts at bay, or at least the clogged pores I get (from the foundation) that turn into zits (because I can't leave them alone). I bought it to get rid of the clogged pores I already had though, and blackheads. It hasn't really made a difference in the blackhead department. I suppose it just needs more time since it has done wonders for everything else.
I also use the same pad on my tattoo that I'm in the process of prepping for removal. For that it seems to work really well! The lighter it is the less expensive the treatment, so I'll continue to do this until I'm satisfied with the results. It was 55 dollars for a jar of 100 well saturated, large pads.
Overall I will continue to purchase because it has really changed my skin, I've already been able to swtich from full foundation to tinted moisturizer (haven't been able to use that since I was 13). I have not experience drying and I use BP cream right after, but all skin is different. I actually wake up really oily feeling, but it doesn't stay that way all day. I use them every night. Love!

on 6/15/2008 4:34:00 PM

While I love philosophy's microdelivery peel and wash, these peel pads are pretty awful. They leave my face sticky and don't seem to make any noticeable difference in my skin. Just an extra step and product I don't need.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Not terrible but not great either. I liked the ease of using a pad for exfoliation on lazy days when I didn't want to bother with scrubs or other water-requiring products, but I didn't see much difference in the surface of my skin, maybe some very subtle brightening or evening in texture. My jar dried out before I finished it because I didn't reach for these often. I'm in search of a better product at a better price.

I absolutely hated this peel. It left my face so sticky, even after an hour or so, I had to wash my face just so my hair and pillow wouldn't stick to my face. I hate sticky and would probably been able to tolerate it if the peel actually delivered. I noticed no changes even after sufffering through half the jar of pads. After about thirty pads, I just stopped worrying with this and went back to my trust Avon peel pads. I get them off of Ebay so I never pay full price for them. The smell of the Philosophy peel was yucky too. Nope wouldn't buy again.

on 10/10/2006 11:40:00 PM

I love these Microdelivery peel pads. I feel as if a whole layer of dead skin is removed and I am starting with fresh new skin. I have very dry skin and times and feel that it takes away all the old dead skin. I also experience problems with black heads and these clear them right up for me. i would definately suggest these to anyone and have told my friends all about them! I love the philosophy product line!

on 7/14/2006 4:50:00 PM

Sunburn sunburn sunburn! This product says to avoid sun for a week after applying. Boy are they right! I couldn't use this and go in the sun for 5 minutes without my face turning bright red, even w/ SPF 40 sunblock. When I applied it, it burned my face and turned it red then too. I would not recommend this to anyone w/ either really pale or really sensitive skin. After using, it seemed to make no difference at all to my skin, except that it was burning.
I also agree w/ others that it is very sticky and the pads are thin and flimsy. Not a very good product for me for $35.

on 7/9/2006 10:54:00 PM

I'm not really a fan of these pads....They leave a sticky residue that I can't handle. I'm using one once a week about a half hour before I shower...I figure that the good stuff soaks in by then and I can rinse the stickiness off. I have a 30 count jar that I'm working through slowly. I do like them on my neck and chest though at night...I may start using them just on those areas.

I really wanted to like this! I had problems right from the beginning, though. The packaging is cute enough, but the pads are a pain in the butt to get apart. They're very thin and it's really easy to accidently grab more than one pad at a time.

The first time I used it, I rinsed immediately after, not realizing that you aren't supposed to rinse afterwards. I still had a slightly noticeable glow, though. The next time I used it, I realized why I instinctively rinsed it off- it left this awful, sticky residue on my skin. Yuck! I couldn't bear to leave it on. Gave it to a friend who could tolerate the stickiness- she loves it. Edited to add that it also stung a bit and made the skin around my nose peel really badly!