Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel Pads

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

3.1

Water (aqua), Lactic Acid, Butylene Glycol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Biosaccharide Gum 1, Pyridoxine, Glutamine, Arginine HCl, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos/Red Tea) Leaf Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Geranium Maculatum (Geranium) Extract, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil (Tangerine), Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Extract (Tangerine), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Glycine Soja Extract (Soybean), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil (Lemon), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange Peel) Oil (Orange), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract (Orange), Glycerin, Polyquaternium 10, DMDM Hydrantoin

on 8/22/2014 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

No animal testing - Yeah! Product - Yuk. Leaves a thick, sticky film on my face and has made no noticeable difference in my skin at all. Finishing the jar just because I bought it. Only reason for 2 stars is because it didn't break me out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I tried this product after a recommendation from an Ulta consultant. After using the entire jar, I did not see or feel a significant change in my skin that would warrant another purchase of this product for the price. I cut the pads in half so the jar lasted me for twice as long; nonetheless, I didn't get the results I was hoping for... My skin didn't feel exfoliated nor do I believe it helped my other products penetrate my skin any better. It pretty much feels like swiping a water soaked pad over the face, which leaves a slightly sticky feeling to the skin.

on 8/7/2013 10:36:00 AM

I like these peel pads. I use them twice a week on my face and neck. I have acne on my cheeks and in times of weakness I pop them when they are really bad. When I use these pads, my face tingles and feels a little sticky for a while after but it goes away. When I wake up the next morning the little scab from popping a pimple is gone and the redness is visibly reduced. I also noticed that my skin over the last few months of using these consistently twice a week has been much smoother. I use a lot of other products on a schedule so I'm not sure if these pads alone would be doing this to my skin or if it's because of a combination of the other treatments I use. But, I still like this stuff. One thing I have noticed is that I am little more sensitive to sunburn than when I wasn't using the pads. Instead of SPF 70, now I have to use SPF 100+ when I go on vacation. Not a bad thing to me though as I use SPF everyday, gotta fight those wrinkles before you get them amiright?

on 5/31/2012 6:32:00 PM

I just threw away the jar I've left from many months ago, mostly unused. Some skincare products are expensive but have absolutely no effects.
This actually has negative ones!!!

1. It caused tons of acne. I used to get little whiteheads here and there during the time of the month. However, this made me break out in large cysts, ones that only get accentuated by the makeup I wear over it. It also made my skin so dry that the most moisturizing liquid makeup wasn't enough. And, I had to go to school and the office looking like that. After I stopped using the pads, the severe acne is gone.

2. It hurts my skin in general. The pads are superb sticky, and they dry up sticky on my face. I don't even have sensitive skin, but these pads made my face somewhat red and burned a little.

3. It does nothing for cleaning pores. Since I don't have oily skin, I only have a few visible pores and blackheads. BUT, this doesn't even get rid of these. I think my cleanser and toner do a better job at cleaning up pores than this.

Lastly, please don't bother buying this or get a sample before deciding to. I think just looking at how sticky and smelly the product is should suffice to discourage the buyer...

on 4/20/2012 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

After waiting patiently two weeks (using these pads faithfully every day swearing to myself im going to use all 60 before i give up) I woke up one morning to do my regular routine and was amazed. I went to a window to look in natural light and ill be damned. even toned radiant skin in NATURAL LIGHTTT. no illusion of my bathroom light. but it was honestly clear.. its takes awhile, NO it will not sting, NOOOO it wont see immediate results for some but if you stick with it you willl see a huge change. i will always have this in my morning routine

on 1/30/2012 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've read some of the other comments about not seeing a big difference but this product does work but it is a subtle change you will see after time.
The exfoliant is lactic acid which is much milder than glycolic or retinol. Great fr sensitive skin. Been using for about six weeks and I've definitely notice my skin is clearer. Also great and gentel enough for under the eyes.
I also use it on those little red bumps I get on my arms.

on 10/25/2011 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

One of the worst products I've ever used, and one of the few I threw out way before it was finished (and it's not cheap!). This all happened about a year ago, so I don't exactly remember what I was expecting or hoping it would do, but I remember exactly how it felt - I didn't like the smell, the unsmooth sensation as it was drying, and I especially didn't like how my skin broke out afterward (it was the only new element in my skin care so I'm sure it was the culprit). Out of the 60-pad container, I think I used five of them and then chucked the rest. I should've returned it and gotten my money back but I was too annoyed to take the time and and make the effort. I doubt I'll buy a Philosophy product again.

on 11/3/2010 12:42:00 AM

I purchased this product (mini-peel pads) from Ulta based on a recommendation from a sales associate. My request was for something to exfoliate and reduce congestion. I had previously gone to a spa for a mini facial (30 min), and if it hadn't been for the super cool mani/pedi lady, I would have left in tears. The esthetician wouldn't stop scolding me about how awful my skin was.

So, I started moisturizing (L'Oreal Regenerist line) and ventured into Ulta. I told them what I was looking for and they showed me several options. I went with the peel pads because I need something easy. These do not require rinsing. I use these every other night. After a few uses, I could see a noticeable change in the size of my pores, my complexion is more even, and I can wear makeup without it looking weird - no more dry flakey spots and smaller pores! I think my pores are smaller because they are no longer clogged. No new black/whiteheads either.

I am very happy with my results. They do leave my face feeling sticky until it dries and I can feel a tingle, which is why I only use at night. It definitely feels like it's working, and the comments from friends and colleagues back it up. Someone recently asked me what I had started doing different and she said that she was going to go pick some up.

on 10/14/2010 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is for the Microdelivery Multi-Use Peel Pads, which do have some difference in its ingredients list than the Mini Pads.

After finishing and liking a 30-day supply of MD Skincares Alpha Beta Body Peel, but not blown away by the results, I decided that its $78 price tag was too much for 30 applications. Having liked all the philosophy products Ive tried before, I decided to give this a try (especially since it was cheaper at $55 AND had 100 pads). After the first application (in the evening after showering, applied to my back, torso, chest, and neck), I immediately noticed that I caused no dryness or irritation. The next morning, my back (which has the most problems) felt smoother. After two months, my back and torso are smoother, my sun damage spots are smaller, and I still havent run out of pads. The scent is a synthetic-smelling citrus, but it dissipates quickly and isnt enough to deter me from this product. I will definitely buy again.

Ew, I hated this.

My skin type: I'm pretty happy with my skin, there isn't really anything that needed major fixing - BUT, my skin can get quite oily especially in the summer, and that's when I noticed pores that are a little larger around my nose area.

I read the reviews and a lot of people claimed it shrank their pore size. Ummm, no. Not for me anyway.

First of all, this really sticky and I don't like the smell. I used it for about two weeks, and gave up. I can't stand the stickiness. They claim you can use it under makeup but it only aggravated oil production! My makeup didn't sit right on my skin.

Also, it did nothing for skin texture - in fact, it made me skin look rougher and also made my pores more noticeable!

What a waste of money.