Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel Pads

Filtered by hair type : Straight
No Image

3.4

Water (aqua), Lactic Acid, Butylene Glycol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Biosaccharide Gum 1, Pyridoxine, Glutamine, Arginine HCl, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos/Red Tea) Leaf Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Geranium Maculatum (Geranium) Extract, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil (Tangerine), Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Extract (Tangerine), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Glycine Soja Extract (Soybean), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil (Lemon), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange Peel) Oil (Orange), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract (Orange), Glycerin, Polyquaternium 10, DMDM Hydrantoin

on 3/26/2010 9:38:00 PM

I'm not a huge Philosophy fan.

Can't stand Purity (except to remove eye makeup) or Hope In A Jar, so know that this review's not written by a Philosophy devotee.

Bought this in a large kit (because it came with the Vitamin C peel and the Microdelivery wash, both of which I like) ..... hated, hated, hated it at first. I thought all it did was make my skin sticky.

So this big tub of pads sate here for a couple of months, and for some reason I decided to give it another go. Used it for a few nights and thought, "hmmmm, this stuff seems to be making my skin tone more even."

I subsequently used it for about two weeks, and was pleasantly surprised: definitely evened my skin tone, improved texture, "reduced" pore size, and gave me a lot of brightness and clarity.

Added bonus (graphic): I had had a small white head on my forehead for a couple of months that I thought I'd have to have professionally extracted, as it seemed to be quite deep under my skin and not going anywhere. After the two weeks --- no exaggeration --- it was obviously ready for an easy at home extraction, without any damage or excessive pressure.

Now I use a lot of exfolliating products, and a ton of skin products, but none had done the job before this .....

I think this added bonus was the deal maker for me.

This is now in my superfluous rotation of beauty products, and I think its a product with some great benefits. Does not moisturize or plump skin (hydrate), but deals with congestion, exfoliation, clarity, brightness, and overall tone.

Give it more than one or two nights to do its thang.

May be too much for sensitive skin.

on 1/25/2010 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Got this product about 2 weeks ago. Initially I wasn't very impressed, the product left my face feeling very sticky and even when I thought it had soaked in, as soon as I applied anything else to my face I immediately became sticky again, so it was sort of like the product was just drying on my face, instead of soaking in. Then I came here to read the reviews and got even more disappointed as it seems that a lot of people don't like this product.

Well It's been 2 weeks and I can definitely say there has been an improvement in my skin. The color looks more even and my pores look smaller (the smaller pores might be due to a great scrub I've also recently been using). I don't use these pads in the morning because I don't have time to wait for my skin to dry after using this and like I said, there is an overall sticky feel to my face for hours after using. Instead I've been using them in the evening before bed and then I wash my face really well in the morning. The pads seem to carry a lot of product so not only can I do my whole face but I can also do my neck and hands with one pad.

As of right now I do think I would repurchase this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm on my 3rd jar of these pads now. I use them about 2X per week alternating with the Avon anew pads. My skin is really smooth and clear. I can easily just wear tinted moisturizer and look good. I can really see the difference in my skin after about 2 weeks of not using this product. My skin tolerates this product really well. I use it on my face, neck, chest, and the top of my hands. One pad covers all that area. I feel that this product is a little more gentle on my skin than the Avon product but both are good. I can't afford to get professional peels but I can afford this product and I really LOVE looking nice without makeup.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I didn't care for these peel pads at all (overated crap). They burned my skin & made it peel like crazy (my skin looked terrible). I recently tried MD Skincare peel pads & they are fantastic- everything that I wanted these to be.

on 2/11/2007 9:43:00 PM

These pads are ok. I used them for about a year, but they don't have enough acid to make any real difference. The ones by Peter Thomas Roth are much better.

on 12/15/2006 7:26:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

The Microdelivery peel pads use lactic acid instead of glycolic acid to exfoliate. I am used to using 10% glycolic acid products so did not have any problems with irritation from these pads. The pads are very thin and flimsy. The lactic acid is in an oil base (castor oil) which is why I used this as a rinse off treatment and rewashed my face rather than leaving it on my skin. If you are prone to acne, swipe this on and leave on for 5-15 minutes depending on your skin's tolerance and wash off. Using the pads in this manner eliminates any breakouts from this product. Another potential irritant in the pads are citrus essential oils and extracts. Overall, the pads do exfoliate but nothing spectacular. The castor oil and citrus extracts knocked off a lippie. And I don't like using a product where the manufacturer does not list the percent of AHA in the product or the pH range.

on 12/6/2006 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought these after using the regular Microdelivery Peel system (citrus scrub and activator), thinking they would do similar things, and boy was I wrong! I loved the feel of my skin after using the regular peel (I got a one-time-use sample from Sephora), so I got the pads instead of the usual system -- the pads are cheaper too, 60 pads for $35 vs. $65 for the peel system. First off, the pads are very thin, and using one of them all around my face pretty much disintegrated it. Second, it didn't tingle in a good way, it felt like it was burning my skin (which the two-step peel did not do!), and then I could feel my skin reddening. The two-step did make my skin red, but it was a tingly feeling instead of a burning, hot sensation. I let it sit for about 20 minutes afterwards, and then applied a gentle moisturizer, and my skin just felt super-oily and really weird. I didn't notice any dramatic improvement the next day, but heck....it's only been one use! I don't know if I'll use these again though, they felt so odd on my face!! UPDATE 11/1/07: I returned these to Sephora. Hated them! continued >>

on 11/13/2006 7:11:00 PM

I received this today and used one pad, no big results. Smelled very nice but I noticed my face felt very oily an hour later probably due to the moisturizers in the product. I would not buy these again.

Ok, I have normal/combo skin and I L O V E these! I bought the peptides to go kit (only available at sephora) and if you get it that way, it is a SUPER deal and for how good they work, I think the price isn't bad at all! Despite the instructions, my skin can handle me using these every night, so I do. And I don't follow with a moisturizer as I think that would be counter productive. I went awhile without using these (I went on vacation and got a lot of sun and I didn't want to weaken my skin so I left these at home) and now that I am using them again, I will never go without again! I absolutely LOVE these! They have definitely increased my skin clarity, tone texture, and brightness. I can't say enough good stuff about them =)

Definitely HG status! =)

on 12/13/2005 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really like this product. I'm noticing less dry patches on my skin and less ingrown hairs. This definitely has a bit of a tingle to it but once it dries the tingle goes away. My skin is clearer and brighter since using this. I love that the pads are soft and not scratchy like most toner or treatment pad out on the market. I'm using this in conjunction with my retin-a and haven't experienced any sensitivity, flaking, or increased acne flare ups since use. My skin has never looked better. I like to have my husband use this on his beard to help prevent ingrown hairs and give him a closer shave. So far so good. This one is definitely worth a try.