Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel Pads

Filtered by hair type : Other
No Image

3.5

Water (aqua), Lactic Acid, Butylene Glycol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Biosaccharide Gum 1, Pyridoxine, Glutamine, Arginine HCl, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos/Red Tea) Leaf Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Geranium Maculatum (Geranium) Extract, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil (Tangerine), Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Extract (Tangerine), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Glycine Soja Extract (Soybean), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil (Lemon), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange Peel) Oil (Orange), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract (Orange), Glycerin, Polyquaternium 10, DMDM Hydrantoin

on 5/31/2012 6:32:00 PM

I just threw away the jar I've left from many months ago, mostly unused. Some skincare products are expensive but have absolutely no effects.
This actually has negative ones!!!

1. It caused tons of acne. I used to get little whiteheads here and there during the time of the month. However, this made me break out in large cysts, ones that only get accentuated by the makeup I wear over it. It also made my skin so dry that the most moisturizing liquid makeup wasn't enough. And, I had to go to school and the office looking like that. After I stopped using the pads, the severe acne is gone.

2. It hurts my skin in general. The pads are superb sticky, and they dry up sticky on my face. I don't even have sensitive skin, but these pads made my face somewhat red and burned a little.

3. It does nothing for cleaning pores. Since I don't have oily skin, I only have a few visible pores and blackheads. BUT, this doesn't even get rid of these. I think my cleanser and toner do a better job at cleaning up pores than this.

Lastly, please don't bother buying this or get a sample before deciding to. I think just looking at how sticky and smelly the product is should suffice to discourage the buyer...

on 4/11/2011 7:44:00 PM

After enjoying much success with Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash, I was eager to try these pads. Unfortunately, lightning didn't strike twice.

The pads were soaking wet in the tub, and were just gross to apply as they dampened my face considerably. I figured my face would magically dry, like when applying a toner. This was not the case, and I was left with a sticky film all over my face. After 20 minutes or so, I could not deal with the film because firstly it was a less than pleasant feeling and secondly I was afraid of breaking out. So, I washed it off and figured I'd give the product another go the next day.

Well, all hopes were dashed when I woke up and found several red bumps on my forehead. I wanted this to improve my skin, not make it worse! I went on MUA and found that many other reviewers had similar complaints. Still not satisfied, I read a review by Paula Begoun and she noted that the oils in this product could irritate one's skin. Oils? Irritate? No thank you.

I thought that I'd be a Philosophy convert after using the exfoliating wash, but I guess Philosophy is like every other brand I've tried: it's hit or miss.

on 6/20/2008 9:48:00 PM

My hunt for an exfoliator began because a MAC MUA told me I needed to start exfoliating (duh) rather than just moisturize. At the time, I had been using and loving Purity Made Simple, so I figured philosophy probably would not let me down. I visited the philosophy counter, told the SA (who happened to be the counter manager) "I need an exfoliator." She asked me "Well, how much time do you want to spend on exfoliating?" I must of looked at her strangly, because she started to explain the differences between philosophy's Microdelivery products -the pads (3 seconds), the wash (30 seconds), and the peel (3 minutes). I'm lazy, so I chose the pads.

Basically, for $35 you get 60 pads. These pads are soaked (literally in the beginning, but they tend to dry out after awhile) in something containing lactic acid (the exfoliant). These are gentle enough for everyday use (unlike the peel), and simply require dry skin. You sweep the pad over your face, down your neck, etc. She recommended that I not "scrub" with these, and I'd agree - sweeping was enough to get of the flakies for me and I had no irritation (my biggest problem). Yes, they feel like they are leaving a "film" on your skin, but in my case, once I put on my moisturizer the "film" was gone (routine: wash face, use peel pad, moisturize, eye cream), so it wasn't a big deal or a problem.

The best thing about these: I began using Peter Thomas Roth's AHA/BHA body polish/exfoliator daily in lieu of these pads (the reviews here are great for this product). A month later I found out I was pregnant. About two weeks after that, I had terrible chemical burns on my face - I mean, *nothing* could soothe my face, and every little thing stung like crazy. After some experimenting, I narrowed down the suspects to one: PTR (oh, and probably hormones, but I can't exactly control those right now, so Peter's in trouble). What did I use to exfoliate after I healed? These pads - again, zero irritation, great exfoliation, no problems with this product.

What do I use to exfoliate? These pads. Why? They work for me, have not caused breakouts/irritation, are not terribly priced (you can use both sides of these, to make the jar last 120 days, but they tend to dry out a bit after 3 months), and are easily obtained from numerous sources both local and online. What's not to love?

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Not terrible but not great either. I liked the ease of using a pad for exfoliation on lazy days when I didn't want to bother with scrubs or other water-requiring products, but I didn't see much difference in the surface of my skin, maybe some very subtle brightening or evening in texture. My jar dried out before I finished it because I didn't reach for these often. I'm in search of a better product at a better price.

on 12/10/2006 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love the microdelivery peel but these pads sucks. They are so flimsy and thin and hard to seperate. It didn't do anything for my skin either. I would not repurchase. Go get the Microdelivery peel set instead it's much better.

on 11/6/2006 5:56:00 PM

These come in two sizes, 60 pads or 30. I have the 30 size which came in the Peptide Peels To Go kit. Anyways, I'm giving the packaging a 4 since these pads are a bit on the small side and it's a bit tricky trying to get one out as they are quite thin and they tend to stick together. However, that being said I think these are a great little invention! I am a recent convert to Philosophy products and so far a huge fan with everything that I've tried from them and this product is no exception. I use these about every other day (sometimes only 3x's per week) when my skin gets that bumpy feeling and these seem to even out my skin texture. I tend to break out along my jawline and on the sides of my neck and I tend to concentrate this product specifically on those areas. These do not leave my face feeling sticky and after a few hours I feel that my skin looks and feels noticably different in appearance and texture. I truly believe that because I am using these pads in conjunction with Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel treatment (once per week) my acne scars have diminshed quite dramatically.

Be forewarned, you may feel a little "sting" upon first application of these pads but it's not so overwhelming that you will have to stop using these. It just takes some getting used to. Hope you try them and like them as much as I do!

on 7/14/2006 4:50:00 PM

Sunburn sunburn sunburn! This product says to avoid sun for a week after applying. Boy are they right! I couldn't use this and go in the sun for 5 minutes without my face turning bright red, even w/ SPF 40 sunblock. When I applied it, it burned my face and turned it red then too. I would not recommend this to anyone w/ either really pale or really sensitive skin. After using, it seemed to make no difference at all to my skin, except that it was burning.
I also agree w/ others that it is very sticky and the pads are thin and flimsy. Not a very good product for me for $35.

Eh, I think this is the only thing by Philosophy that I'm not loving. These pads are so flimsy that I have no idea how anyone could just use one? Sometimes I use two, plus like the reviewer after me, I'm not digging the sticky feeling you get afterwards either. These do seem to help clear up my skin though, so that would be the only reason I would keep using them. Will I buy them again, depends on if I see a huge difference in my skin, if not, then NO! *UPDATE*... The more I use these pads the more I like them. I changed my rating to 5 lippies b/c I've noticed my skin really loves them.

on 5/17/2006 9:16:00 PM

Great convenient exfoliating product, keeps skin clear. Highly recommend UPDATE: I would recommend Avon's Retexturizing Peel over this. Better results in skin softness and a much better price.

on 8/12/2005 12:58:00 AM

These pads are perfect for my 21 year old face. I do not want to be too rough on it, but these are perfect to use about every other night to just make your skin feel so smooth. They are also quick and I use it on my neck and usually have some left over for my hands. I will buys these again.