Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel Pads

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

3.0

Water (aqua), Lactic Acid, Butylene Glycol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Biosaccharide Gum 1, Pyridoxine, Glutamine, Arginine HCl, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos/Red Tea) Leaf Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Geranium Maculatum (Geranium) Extract, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil (Tangerine), Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Extract (Tangerine), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Glycine Soja Extract (Soybean), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil (Lemon), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange Peel) Oil (Orange), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract (Orange), Glycerin, Polyquaternium 10, DMDM Hydrantoin

on 10/5/2016 10:56:00 PM

I wanted to love these but they simply didn't help my blind pimples and constant acne. I think they made them worse.

I highly recommend trying a straight lactic (40%) or mandelic peel (25%) or similar percentage from a cheaper brand. I have had amazing results and far more gently.

on 8/7/2013 10:36:00 AM

I like these peel pads. I use them twice a week on my face and neck. I have acne on my cheeks and in times of weakness I pop them when they are really bad. When I use these pads, my face tingles and feels a little sticky for a while after but it goes away. When I wake up the next morning the little scab from popping a pimple is gone and the redness is visibly reduced. I also noticed that my skin over the last few months of using these consistently twice a week has been much smoother. I use a lot of other products on a schedule so I'm not sure if these pads alone would be doing this to my skin or if it's because of a combination of the other treatments I use. But, I still like this stuff. One thing I have noticed is that I am little more sensitive to sunburn than when I wasn't using the pads. Instead of SPF 70, now I have to use SPF 100+ when I go on vacation. Not a bad thing to me though as I use SPF everyday, gotta fight those wrinkles before you get them amiright?

on 1/30/2012 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've read some of the other comments about not seeing a big difference but this product does work but it is a subtle change you will see after time.
The exfoliant is lactic acid which is much milder than glycolic or retinol. Great fr sensitive skin. Been using for about six weeks and I've definitely notice my skin is clearer. Also great and gentel enough for under the eyes.
I also use it on those little red bumps I get on my arms.

on 8/14/2011 3:32:00 PM

Well, I'm down to using things I had started using and then for some reason stopped...and now I'm in that cycle we go through where we feel productive to "use things up".

UGH. I didn't like these the first time and I like them less now. I have about 100 to go through and it's taking forever :( They leave my skin feeling sticky and I want to use a toner after to take it off.

I'm am fairly happy with my skin. No acne and I'm looking for some glow or reduced pore appearance. These do neither. On the positive side...there is plenty of product. They are soaking wet and one pad does my face, neck and chest. Can't wait for them to be used up. lol

on 4/11/2011 7:44:00 PM

After enjoying much success with Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash, I was eager to try these pads. Unfortunately, lightning didn't strike twice.

The pads were soaking wet in the tub, and were just gross to apply as they dampened my face considerably. I figured my face would magically dry, like when applying a toner. This was not the case, and I was left with a sticky film all over my face. After 20 minutes or so, I could not deal with the film because firstly it was a less than pleasant feeling and secondly I was afraid of breaking out. So, I washed it off and figured I'd give the product another go the next day.

Well, all hopes were dashed when I woke up and found several red bumps on my forehead. I wanted this to improve my skin, not make it worse! I went on MUA and found that many other reviewers had similar complaints. Still not satisfied, I read a review by Paula Begoun and she noted that the oils in this product could irritate one's skin. Oils? Irritate? No thank you.

I thought that I'd be a Philosophy convert after using the exfoliating wash, but I guess Philosophy is like every other brand I've tried: it's hit or miss.

on 10/14/2010 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is for the Microdelivery Multi-Use Peel Pads, which do have some difference in its ingredients list than the Mini Pads.

After finishing and liking a 30-day supply of MD Skincares Alpha Beta Body Peel, but not blown away by the results, I decided that its $78 price tag was too much for 30 applications. Having liked all the philosophy products Ive tried before, I decided to give this a try (especially since it was cheaper at $55 AND had 100 pads). After the first application (in the evening after showering, applied to my back, torso, chest, and neck), I immediately noticed that I caused no dryness or irritation. The next morning, my back (which has the most problems) felt smoother. After two months, my back and torso are smoother, my sun damage spots are smaller, and I still havent run out of pads. The scent is a synthetic-smelling citrus, but it dissipates quickly and isnt enough to deter me from this product. I will definitely buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm on my 3rd jar of these pads now. I use them about 2X per week alternating with the Avon anew pads. My skin is really smooth and clear. I can easily just wear tinted moisturizer and look good. I can really see the difference in my skin after about 2 weeks of not using this product. My skin tolerates this product really well. I use it on my face, neck, chest, and the top of my hands. One pad covers all that area. I feel that this product is a little more gentle on my skin than the Avon product but both are good. I can't afford to get professional peels but I can afford this product and I really LOVE looking nice without makeup.

on 8/6/2008 1:41:00 PM

These pads (in conjunction with the microdelivery peel and the purity made simple cleanser) have completely changed my skin - and in less than one week! Not only has it cleared up some stubborn acne, which appeared for the 1st time once I turned 30, but it has faded the pink marks that the acne had left behind and made my pores look compeletly invisible. It has also left my skin looking younger and more radiant (I have the rosie glow that I had back in my early 20s).

I absolutely hated this peel. It left my face so sticky, even after an hour or so, I had to wash my face just so my hair and pillow wouldn't stick to my face. I hate sticky and would probably been able to tolerate it if the peel actually delivered. I noticed no changes even after sufffering through half the jar of pads. After about thirty pads, I just stopped worrying with this and went back to my trust Avon peel pads. I get them off of Ebay so I never pay full price for them. The smell of the Philosophy peel was yucky too. Nope wouldn't buy again.

on 3/20/2008 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recently just purchased this product for my sensitive skin. Most scrubs and exfoliators I use tend to make my cheeks bright red and some even strip too much of my skin off. I have typically very dry cheeks (sometimes an oily forehead but can be quite dry as well).

A sales woman at Sephora suggested that perhaps the beads I was using was too strong and for me to try using a pad. I had tried MD Skincares line and that was awful on my skin. Not only did it burn (due to the ingredients) but my face was red, splothcy, and irritated for days to come!!!

I used this product for the first time this morning and I had no reaction. There was no burning sensation, no stripping of my sensitive, dry skin. Overall I'm not sure about long term results but right now I'm definitely keeping the product and may purchase again in the future.

ETA: After a week of using this product my skin has red bumps and repetitive use causes more irritated bumps, itchyness and dryness. Bringing my product back for a refund.