Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel Pads

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
No Image

Water (aqua), Lactic Acid, Butylene Glycol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Biosaccharide Gum 1, Pyridoxine, Glutamine, Arginine HCl, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos/Red Tea) Leaf Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Geranium Maculatum (Geranium) Extract, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil (Tangerine), Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Extract (Tangerine), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Glycine Soja Extract (Soybean), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil (Lemon), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange Peel) Oil (Orange), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract (Orange), Glycerin, Polyquaternium 10, DMDM Hydrantoin

on 8/7/2013 10:36:00 AM

I like these peel pads. I use them twice a week on my face and neck. I have acne on my cheeks and in times of weakness I pop them when they are really bad. When I use these pads, my face tingles and feels a little sticky for a while after but it goes away. When I wake up the next morning the little scab from popping a pimple is gone and the redness is visibly reduced. I also noticed that my skin over the last few months of using these consistently twice a week has been much smoother. I use a lot of other products on a schedule so I'm not sure if these pads alone would be doing this to my skin or if it's because of a combination of the other treatments I use. But, I still like this stuff. One thing I have noticed is that I am little more sensitive to sunburn than when I wasn't using the pads. Instead of SPF 70, now I have to use SPF 100+ when I go on vacation. Not a bad thing to me though as I use SPF everyday, gotta fight those wrinkles before you get them amiright?

on 1/30/2012 4:03:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is not a review of someone who has used this product over a period of time. I received this as a sample at Sephora. I had doubts because I'm not a huge fan of the Philosophy line. But I followed the directions last night and swiped the pad over my clean, just clarisonic-ed face. I was expecting a tingle...slight burn...nothing. I admit I've had so many peels and used so many different acids on my face that I'm probably desensitized, but I literally felt nothing. It dried quickly on my face. I don't want to say it felt sticky because it definitely wasn't...but my skin felt just a tiny bit...dewy? Not unpleasant. Also, please note, I had a GIGANTIC zit on my chin that felt cystic underneath a huge surface eruption. Usually these take weeks to shrink on me. I also wiped the pad on my elbows as one of my coworkers said it would make them 'very soft.'
I woke up this morning and my zit has shrunk to the size of a lentil. Not even exaggerating a little. I was shocked. Skin texture overall was smooth and makeup went on beautifully after washing. My elbows however, feel no different. I would have to try the pads on a consistent basis to see if it was in fact the pad that performed the miracle...or if I should start praying to an acne god who visited me overnight.

on 10/14/2010 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is for the Microdelivery Multi-Use Peel Pads, which do have some difference in its ingredients list than the Mini Pads.

After finishing and liking a 30-day supply of MD Skincares Alpha Beta Body Peel, but not blown away by the results, I decided that its $78 price tag was too much for 30 applications. Having liked all the philosophy products Ive tried before, I decided to give this a try (especially since it was cheaper at $55 AND had 100 pads). After the first application (in the evening after showering, applied to my back, torso, chest, and neck), I immediately noticed that I caused no dryness or irritation. The next morning, my back (which has the most problems) felt smoother. After two months, my back and torso are smoother, my sun damage spots are smaller, and I still havent run out of pads. The scent is a synthetic-smelling citrus, but it dissipates quickly and isnt enough to deter me from this product. I will definitely buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Ew. Didn't help, only irritated my skin. Straight up smelled like alcohol. Total waste of money.

on 6/29/2008 1:31:00 PM

The difference these pads have made in my skin brings me to tears. I struggled and struggled with recurring acne that not only affected my complexion, it damaged my self esteem and confidence. I avoided social get-togethers and leaving the house because of my zit covered face. Enter the Microdelivery Peel Pads!...aka, my saving grace.

I have been using these pads for 3 months now and my face has taken a 180 turn for the better! When I look in the mirror at my bare face, I am often brought to tears at what I see - but in a good way. My face is smooth, pimple free, glowing, and soft. I didn't know what even toned skin was until I used these pads.

Bottom line...you will break out initally with these, but PLEASE hang in there. There is light at the end of the tunnel and it's in the form of a radiant complexion. Since Philosophy makes this product, these pads come with a high sticker price. But I buy mine on Ebay and pay half of what Sephora or QVC sells them for.

on 11/6/2006 5:56:00 PM

These come in two sizes, 60 pads or 30. I have the 30 size which came in the Peptide Peels To Go kit. Anyways, I'm giving the packaging a 4 since these pads are a bit on the small side and it's a bit tricky trying to get one out as they are quite thin and they tend to stick together. However, that being said I think these are a great little invention! I am a recent convert to Philosophy products and so far a huge fan with everything that I've tried from them and this product is no exception. I use these about every other day (sometimes only 3x's per week) when my skin gets that bumpy feeling and these seem to even out my skin texture. I tend to break out along my jawline and on the sides of my neck and I tend to concentrate this product specifically on those areas. These do not leave my face feeling sticky and after a few hours I feel that my skin looks and feels noticably different in appearance and texture. I truly believe that because I am using these pads in conjunction with Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel treatment (once per week) my acne scars have diminshed quite dramatically.

Be forewarned, you may feel a little "sting" upon first application of these pads but it's not so overwhelming that you will have to stop using these. It just takes some getting used to. Hope you try them and like them as much as I do!

on 7/14/2006 4:50:00 PM

Sunburn sunburn sunburn! This product says to avoid sun for a week after applying. Boy are they right! I couldn't use this and go in the sun for 5 minutes without my face turning bright red, even w/ SPF 40 sunblock. When I applied it, it burned my face and turned it red then too. I would not recommend this to anyone w/ either really pale or really sensitive skin. After using, it seemed to make no difference at all to my skin, except that it was burning.
I also agree w/ others that it is very sticky and the pads are thin and flimsy. Not a very good product for me for $35.

on 6/24/2006 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

NOTE: This review may change in the following weeks.

I made that little disclaimar because I have been trying these peel pads for sometime (3 weeks) and the first week I was in love! I have young skin, however I am oily and prone to breakouts, and this seemed to breathe new life into my sallow skin tone. It also made my skin soft and dewy in texture.

Second week...okay I was going through some stress and I started to breakouts, no biggie, I kept using these hoping that the exfoliation (lactic acid) will keep any more acne at bay. WRONG! By end of week 3, I had HORRIFYING pimples on my forehead to this day or not gone (that was a month ago!) I dont know if it is this product or the fact that I was going through some tough times, but my skin is horrible. I stopped everything I used and adopted a new regimen, so far its getting better. I will try these pads one more time later next week when I can afford a chance.

I pray that these pads arent the culprit. I really love the convenience, the tub packaging and the citrus fragrance.

on 5/11/2006 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Everything everyone else said, DITO!!! This products rocks. HG for me... Got it in a swap, thank goodness, won't be without it. And I am a true skincare junkie. This is the best.

on 1/11/2006 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I just bought this pads after using Dr. Denese's pad for about 6 months. I must say my face looks so much brighter! There is no horrid smell and no stickiness to these pads. After cleansing, I just wipe them over my face and neck and my skin looks great!