Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel Pads

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

3.3

Water (aqua), Lactic Acid, Butylene Glycol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Biosaccharide Gum 1, Pyridoxine, Glutamine, Arginine HCl, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos/Red Tea) Leaf Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Geranium Maculatum (Geranium) Extract, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil (Tangerine), Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Extract (Tangerine), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Glycine Soja Extract (Soybean), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil (Lemon), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange Peel) Oil (Orange), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract (Orange), Glycerin, Polyquaternium 10, DMDM Hydrantoin

on 10/5/2016 10:56:00 PM

I wanted to love these but they simply didn't help my blind pimples and constant acne. I think they made them worse.

I highly recommend trying a straight lactic (40%) or mandelic peel (25%) or similar percentage from a cheaper brand. I have had amazing results and far more gently.

on 2/1/2015 12:44:00 PM

I've gone through three jars of these pads so far and I'll keep repurchasing (unless I find a cheaper substitute).

The main active ingredient in these is lactic acid, which in high concentrations has remarkably improving effects on post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Because these pads have a lower concentration, I can use the pads daily or a few times per week and see good, persistent improvements to my old acne marks.

These aren't strong enough to cause peeling or to really change texture for me. But they do a great job of slowly weakening the redness in my acne scars and leaving normal colored skin behind.

I use these pads a few nights per week as skin clarity maintenance between more intense peels like 40% lactic and 40% mandelic.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I tried this product after a recommendation from an Ulta consultant. After using the entire jar, I did not see or feel a significant change in my skin that would warrant another purchase of this product for the price. I cut the pads in half so the jar lasted me for twice as long; nonetheless, I didn't get the results I was hoping for... My skin didn't feel exfoliated nor do I believe it helped my other products penetrate my skin any better. It pretty much feels like swiping a water soaked pad over the face, which leaves a slightly sticky feeling to the skin.

on 4/20/2012 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

After waiting patiently two weeks (using these pads faithfully every day swearing to myself im going to use all 60 before i give up) I woke up one morning to do my regular routine and was amazed. I went to a window to look in natural light and ill be damned. even toned radiant skin in NATURAL LIGHTTT. no illusion of my bathroom light. but it was honestly clear.. its takes awhile, NO it will not sting, NOOOO it wont see immediate results for some but if you stick with it you willl see a huge change. i will always have this in my morning routine

on 4/11/2011 7:44:00 PM

After enjoying much success with Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash, I was eager to try these pads. Unfortunately, lightning didn't strike twice.

The pads were soaking wet in the tub, and were just gross to apply as they dampened my face considerably. I figured my face would magically dry, like when applying a toner. This was not the case, and I was left with a sticky film all over my face. After 20 minutes or so, I could not deal with the film because firstly it was a less than pleasant feeling and secondly I was afraid of breaking out. So, I washed it off and figured I'd give the product another go the next day.

Well, all hopes were dashed when I woke up and found several red bumps on my forehead. I wanted this to improve my skin, not make it worse! I went on MUA and found that many other reviewers had similar complaints. Still not satisfied, I read a review by Paula Begoun and she noted that the oils in this product could irritate one's skin. Oils? Irritate? No thank you.

I thought that I'd be a Philosophy convert after using the exfoliating wash, but I guess Philosophy is like every other brand I've tried: it's hit or miss.

on 11/3/2010 12:42:00 AM

I purchased this product (mini-peel pads) from Ulta based on a recommendation from a sales associate. My request was for something to exfoliate and reduce congestion. I had previously gone to a spa for a mini facial (30 min), and if it hadn't been for the super cool mani/pedi lady, I would have left in tears. The esthetician wouldn't stop scolding me about how awful my skin was.

So, I started moisturizing (L'Oreal Regenerist line) and ventured into Ulta. I told them what I was looking for and they showed me several options. I went with the peel pads because I need something easy. These do not require rinsing. I use these every other night. After a few uses, I could see a noticeable change in the size of my pores, my complexion is more even, and I can wear makeup without it looking weird - no more dry flakey spots and smaller pores! I think my pores are smaller because they are no longer clogged. No new black/whiteheads either.

I am very happy with my results. They do leave my face feeling sticky until it dries and I can feel a tingle, which is why I only use at night. It definitely feels like it's working, and the comments from friends and colleagues back it up. Someone recently asked me what I had started doing different and she said that she was going to go pick some up.

Ew, I hated this.

My skin type: I'm pretty happy with my skin, there isn't really anything that needed major fixing - BUT, my skin can get quite oily especially in the summer, and that's when I noticed pores that are a little larger around my nose area.

I read the reviews and a lot of people claimed it shrank their pore size. Ummm, no. Not for me anyway.

First of all, this really sticky and I don't like the smell. I used it for about two weeks, and gave up. I can't stand the stickiness. They claim you can use it under makeup but it only aggravated oil production! My makeup didn't sit right on my skin.

Also, it did nothing for skin texture - in fact, it made me skin look rougher and also made my pores more noticeable!

What a waste of money.

I love the Philosophy Microdelivery Peel Pads. They do all they claim and leave skin feeling squeaky clean and exfoliated. Only gave them 4 out of 5 because the price is high. I've tried other brands (like Sheer Miracle's AHA Exfoliating Daily Peel Pads) that are much less expensive and work just as well. All in all, I'd buy again (if I hadn't already broke the budget that month :)).

on 3/26/2010 9:38:00 PM

I'm not a huge Philosophy fan.

Can't stand Purity (except to remove eye makeup) or Hope In A Jar, so know that this review's not written by a Philosophy devotee.

Bought this in a large kit (because it came with the Vitamin C peel and the Microdelivery wash, both of which I like) ..... hated, hated, hated it at first. I thought all it did was make my skin sticky.

So this big tub of pads sate here for a couple of months, and for some reason I decided to give it another go. Used it for a few nights and thought, "hmmmm, this stuff seems to be making my skin tone more even."

I subsequently used it for about two weeks, and was pleasantly surprised: definitely evened my skin tone, improved texture, "reduced" pore size, and gave me a lot of brightness and clarity.

Added bonus (graphic): I had had a small white head on my forehead for a couple of months that I thought I'd have to have professionally extracted, as it seemed to be quite deep under my skin and not going anywhere. After the two weeks --- no exaggeration --- it was obviously ready for an easy at home extraction, without any damage or excessive pressure.

Now I use a lot of exfolliating products, and a ton of skin products, but none had done the job before this .....

I think this added bonus was the deal maker for me.

This is now in my superfluous rotation of beauty products, and I think its a product with some great benefits. Does not moisturize or plump skin (hydrate), but deals with congestion, exfoliation, clarity, brightness, and overall tone.

Give it more than one or two nights to do its thang.

May be too much for sensitive skin.

on 1/25/2010 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Got this product about 2 weeks ago. Initially I wasn't very impressed, the product left my face feeling very sticky and even when I thought it had soaked in, as soon as I applied anything else to my face I immediately became sticky again, so it was sort of like the product was just drying on my face, instead of soaking in. Then I came here to read the reviews and got even more disappointed as it seems that a lot of people don't like this product.

Well It's been 2 weeks and I can definitely say there has been an improvement in my skin. The color looks more even and my pores look smaller (the smaller pores might be due to a great scrub I've also recently been using). I don't use these pads in the morning because I don't have time to wait for my skin to dry after using this and like I said, there is an overall sticky feel to my face for hours after using. Instead I've been using them in the evening before bed and then I wash my face really well in the morning. The pads seem to carry a lot of product so not only can I do my whole face but I can also do my neck and hands with one pad.

As of right now I do think I would repurchase this.