Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel Pads

Filtered by skin type : Normal
No Image

2.4

Water (aqua), Lactic Acid, Butylene Glycol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Biosaccharide Gum 1, Pyridoxine, Glutamine, Arginine HCl, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos/Red Tea) Leaf Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Geranium Maculatum (Geranium) Extract, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil (Tangerine), Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Extract (Tangerine), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Glycine Soja Extract (Soybean), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil (Lemon), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange Peel) Oil (Orange), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract (Orange), Glycerin, Polyquaternium 10, DMDM Hydrantoin

on 5/31/2012 6:32:00 PM

I just threw away the jar I've left from many months ago, mostly unused. Some skincare products are expensive but have absolutely no effects.
This actually has negative ones!!!

1. It caused tons of acne. I used to get little whiteheads here and there during the time of the month. However, this made me break out in large cysts, ones that only get accentuated by the makeup I wear over it. It also made my skin so dry that the most moisturizing liquid makeup wasn't enough. And, I had to go to school and the office looking like that. After I stopped using the pads, the severe acne is gone.

2. It hurts my skin in general. The pads are superb sticky, and they dry up sticky on my face. I don't even have sensitive skin, but these pads made my face somewhat red and burned a little.

3. It does nothing for cleaning pores. Since I don't have oily skin, I only have a few visible pores and blackheads. BUT, this doesn't even get rid of these. I think my cleanser and toner do a better job at cleaning up pores than this.

Lastly, please don't bother buying this or get a sample before deciding to. I think just looking at how sticky and smelly the product is should suffice to discourage the buyer...

on 10/9/2008 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Wow, so bad that I returned it! It may work for some, but it didnt make me feel like it was doing anything and instead dried my face out. First off, the application process was ridiculous...I didnt feel like I was doing anything but applying water on a cotton pad...second, it made my face feel uncomfortably dry..although it's great to use a moisturizer or other treatment right after this ritual, but still I didn't find it helpful.

I absolutely hated this peel. It left my face so sticky, even after an hour or so, I had to wash my face just so my hair and pillow wouldn't stick to my face. I hate sticky and would probably been able to tolerate it if the peel actually delivered. I noticed no changes even after sufffering through half the jar of pads. After about thirty pads, I just stopped worrying with this and went back to my trust Avon peel pads. I get them off of Ebay so I never pay full price for them. The smell of the Philosophy peel was yucky too. Nope wouldn't buy again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I didn't care for these peel pads at all (overated crap). They burned my skin & made it peel like crazy (my skin looked terrible). I recently tried MD Skincare peel pads & they are fantastic- everything that I wanted these to be.

on 10/9/2007 6:36:00 PM

I got these on EBay for $15, so at least I didn't waste A LOT of money. These pads burn even my not very sensitive skin. And I don't think that lactic acid is responsible for that, because I used it before in other products, and was fine. Just don't work for me, that's all.

These did nothing for me! Even though I used them for almost 2 months - nothing! Thankfully I received a free jar as part of my Makeup Optional kit and I didn't have to pay for them. I definitely would not repurchase using my own money. The Microdelivery Peel is great, though.

on 3/23/2007 8:00:00 PM

my skin is good to start with but i have really noticed a differencewith these pads- non irritating or stinging as well- i use them 3 times a week and my skin looks clearer and brighter

on 3/8/2007 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am a big fan of the Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel set so I bought the pads. They are thin and occasionally difficult to separate. They did not irritate my skin, however, I have seen or felt real results with these so I will not repurchase.

I'm sorry if I'm writing this review prematurely. I've used these pads 3 nights in a row. Did not use them the 4th night. Today, the 5th day, I have 2 new pimples. I do love the pad for it's convenience and ease of use; however, I just don't see any results. I may finish the jar to see if over time I start to see the glow (and isolate the variable that may be causing the breakouts). Not impressed so far. I love philosophy and wanted to love these. :-(

on 12/10/2006 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

At $35.00 for the 60 count jar, the cost for these Microdelivery Peel Pads is not exorbitant and you can get them cheaper on ebay. I liked the idea of these peel pads as you can use them on your neck whereas the ones from Dr. Denese say specifically that they are not for use in that area. Unfortunately, even though I do not consider my skin sensitive, I noticed that they did "burn" my face and neck. While that goes away relatively soon, after using a whole jar of 60 count pads, I did not notice any difference in my skin. I agree with previous reviewers that the pads are flimsy and somewhat difficult to get out of the jar one at a time. I was also aware of the "sticky film" which is why I only used them at night knowing that I would get up the next morning and wash my face. Obviously, that is not what I am looking for in a pad peel system. I will not be repurchasing. I guess that I am just not a Philiosphy girl as I do not really like any of their products.