Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel Pads

Filtered by skin type : Other
No Image

Water (aqua), Lactic Acid, Butylene Glycol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Biosaccharide Gum 1, Pyridoxine, Glutamine, Arginine HCl, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos/Red Tea) Leaf Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Geranium Maculatum (Geranium) Extract, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil (Tangerine), Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Extract (Tangerine), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Glycine Soja Extract (Soybean), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil (Lemon), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange Peel) Oil (Orange), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract (Orange), Glycerin, Polyquaternium 10, DMDM Hydrantoin

Based on the reviews here, I wanted so badly to love this product. My skin's actually pretty good, but I break out really easily and I definitely have my bad days sometimes. Generally though, not bad at all. I can get away with wearing just tinted moisturizer and a little bit of powder. I rushed home to try this that night and at first, everything seemed ok. I didn't really like the way it felt, as others have mentioned.

The next morning, I woke up to little random bumps on my face. I figured I was just having a little reaction to it, but that my skin would get used to it. SO WRONG! I tried using it again for the next few nights, until finally I had to give up. My face felt like it was on fire, and I breaking out in what seemed like an allergic reaction on my face. It was unpleasant, and it took my skin two weeks to get back to normal.

Awesome if this works for you. I'm jealous if it did, but definitely not for me.

I was surprised when I read the reviews that said this product did nothing. I bought the huge jar for the body. I use one pad for my elbows, face and in grown hair scars on my stomach. In one month, my elbows and the scars have lightened significantly. The product definitely does something.

Now, for the face, my face is clear anyway so I just wanted it for maintenance. It does leave the face sticky so I place it on before the shower and then I wash it off after the shower. Any product worth its grain of salt absorbs into the skin within the first few minutes anyway.

The only problem I have is that the product is overpriced, but I got 100 pads so it likely will be next year before I need another jar.

For some reason, I keep coming back to these pads. My skin cannot tolerate scrubs, and these exfoliate well. They do leave a film, but I like how they don't dry my skin out. I will continue using these until I find my HG.

I use these and my skin glows. I use them two to three times a week. I am in my late 30's and I am happy with how my skin looks. Be sure to use an SPF 15 or higher moisturizer in conjunction with this product due to the high exfoliation factor.

on 4/14/2007 6:11:00 PM

I didn't think these pads were doing much for my skin until I used them on my hands. What a difference I saw there. I wish that they came in smaller containers as I have had them dry out even though I use almost every night. I will purchase these again. I think that they add moisture to my skin.

this is a great product. i had little bumps on my cheeks prior to using this. i started noticing great improvement in my skin just 2 days after using it! my skin turned smooth and clear. i love this product and i'm goin to continue using it. i use this every other day.. and sometimes everyday if an important event is coming.

i don't like the packaging though. the plastic container looks cheap and the pads are indeed a little too thin. u just have to pinch one of them out with your nails ;)

on 8/22/2006 10:35:00 AM

As gentle as philosophy says these pads are there is no way I can use them more than once a week. I tried using them every other day like their rep had suggested I could. I developed a rash on my jaw line and chin. They made my skin flush and it took time to calm down.

Eh, I think this is the only thing by Philosophy that I'm not loving. These pads are so flimsy that I have no idea how anyone could just use one? Sometimes I use two, plus like the reviewer after me, I'm not digging the sticky feeling you get afterwards either. These do seem to help clear up my skin though, so that would be the only reason I would keep using them. Will I buy them again, depends on if I see a huge difference in my skin, if not, then NO! *UPDATE*... The more I use these pads the more I like them. I changed my rating to 5 lippies b/c I've noticed my skin really loves them.

on 3/30/2006 12:12:00 PM

I love these. They really make my face brighter. They're great because you can use them weekly, or even daily if you want to. I use them about 3 times a week. They're so easy to use. I'm one of those who doesn't want to go through the whole micropeel step thing, this gives you similar results and you just swipe it across your face.
They have these really fresh, light lemon cream fragrance, also. NOT lemony Pledge, but fresh & sweet. I look forward to using these because of this.

If you have sensitive skin, I would recommend taking it easy with these pads. I don't have extremely sensitive skin, but I could not use these pads and leave the liquid on my face overnight. I have to rinse and neutralize this product. It still seems to be refining my skin pretty well, so, I will continue using them.