Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel Pads

No Image

3.3

Water (aqua), Lactic Acid, Butylene Glycol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Biosaccharide Gum 1, Pyridoxine, Glutamine, Arginine HCl, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos/Red Tea) Leaf Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Geranium Maculatum (Geranium) Extract, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil (Tangerine), Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Extract (Tangerine), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Glycine Soja Extract (Soybean), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil (Lemon), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange Peel) Oil (Orange), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract (Orange), Glycerin, Polyquaternium 10, DMDM Hydrantoin

on 11/17/2011 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really love these. I have dry aging skin with discolored spots. I really think that including these in my skin care routine helps brighten my face.
I buy the large size, so-called "Multi-Use Pads". They're so handy because one will do my whole face and neck, and even dcolletage. I love the smell, it's so clean and refreshing. And i don't mind how they feel, either. They are quite moist, so there's plenty of liquid to cover my face, neck, decollet, even my lower arms and the back of my hands. On application, the liquid exfoliator is sticky, as others have said, but it dries down in about 5 min. or so, then i apply my moisturizer.
I find them convenient for traveling, since i can clean and exfoliate my face even if i'm not near clean running water. I just pop a few into a tiny zip lock bag.
I have found them gentle enough to use every other day, so a container of 100 lasts 200 days! And I have already repurchased them. These are always in my skin care kit.

on 11/3/2010 12:42:00 AM

I purchased this product (mini-peel pads) from Ulta based on a recommendation from a sales associate. My request was for something to exfoliate and reduce congestion. I had previously gone to a spa for a mini facial (30 min), and if it hadn't been for the super cool mani/pedi lady, I would have left in tears. The esthetician wouldn't stop scolding me about how awful my skin was.

So, I started moisturizing (L'Oreal Regenerist line) and ventured into Ulta. I told them what I was looking for and they showed me several options. I went with the peel pads because I need something easy. These do not require rinsing. I use these every other night. After a few uses, I could see a noticeable change in the size of my pores, my complexion is more even, and I can wear makeup without it looking weird - no more dry flakey spots and smaller pores! I think my pores are smaller because they are no longer clogged. No new black/whiteheads either.

I am very happy with my results. They do leave my face feeling sticky until it dries and I can feel a tingle, which is why I only use at night. It definitely feels like it's working, and the comments from friends and colleagues back it up. Someone recently asked me what I had started doing different and she said that she was going to go pick some up.

on 10/14/2010 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is for the Microdelivery Multi-Use Peel Pads, which do have some difference in its ingredients list than the Mini Pads.

After finishing and liking a 30-day supply of MD Skincares Alpha Beta Body Peel, but not blown away by the results, I decided that its $78 price tag was too much for 30 applications. Having liked all the philosophy products Ive tried before, I decided to give this a try (especially since it was cheaper at $55 AND had 100 pads). After the first application (in the evening after showering, applied to my back, torso, chest, and neck), I immediately noticed that I caused no dryness or irritation. The next morning, my back (which has the most problems) felt smoother. After two months, my back and torso are smoother, my sun damage spots are smaller, and I still havent run out of pads. The scent is a synthetic-smelling citrus, but it dissipates quickly and isnt enough to deter me from this product. I will definitely buy again.

on 1/29/2009 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I buy the larger ones and use them on my neck, chest, feet and hands after my face. These are nothing short of amazing. Great antioxidants and lactic acid that doesn't dry my face out or make it greasy. My body loves these. Philosophy has done wonders for my face. I try so many other things and always, always, always come back to Phil.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm on my 3rd jar of these pads now. I use them about 2X per week alternating with the Avon anew pads. My skin is really smooth and clear. I can easily just wear tinted moisturizer and look good. I can really see the difference in my skin after about 2 weeks of not using this product. My skin tolerates this product really well. I use it on my face, neck, chest, and the top of my hands. One pad covers all that area. I feel that this product is a little more gentle on my skin than the Avon product but both are good. I can't afford to get professional peels but I can afford this product and I really LOVE looking nice without makeup.

on 9/27/2008 11:39:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've been using these for 2 weeks. I like them because it really evened my skin tone. When I get a zit, it automatically leaves a pink spot. Most of the foundation I was wearing was to cover those spots. Anyway, this faded them drastically, and I think it has also kept breakouts at bay, or at least the clogged pores I get (from the foundation) that turn into zits (because I can't leave them alone). I bought it to get rid of the clogged pores I already had though, and blackheads. It hasn't really made a difference in the blackhead department. I suppose it just needs more time since it has done wonders for everything else.
I also use the same pad on my tattoo that I'm in the process of prepping for removal. For that it seems to work really well! The lighter it is the less expensive the treatment, so I'll continue to do this until I'm satisfied with the results. It was 55 dollars for a jar of 100 well saturated, large pads.
Overall I will continue to purchase because it has really changed my skin, I've already been able to swtich from full foundation to tinted moisturizer (haven't been able to use that since I was 13). I have not experience drying and I use BP cream right after, but all skin is different. I actually wake up really oily feeling, but it doesn't stay that way all day. I use them every night. Love!

on 8/6/2008 1:41:00 PM

These pads (in conjunction with the microdelivery peel and the purity made simple cleanser) have completely changed my skin - and in less than one week! Not only has it cleared up some stubborn acne, which appeared for the 1st time once I turned 30, but it has faded the pink marks that the acne had left behind and made my pores look compeletly invisible. It has also left my skin looking younger and more radiant (I have the rosie glow that I had back in my early 20s).

on 8/4/2008 12:03:00 PM

Facial in a jar. Antioxidants and exfoliating properties galore. I don't need to use a moisturizer in the summer when I use this after my Purity. Love em! My skin changes in days when I have strayed and come back.

on 6/29/2008 1:31:00 PM

The difference these pads have made in my skin brings me to tears. I struggled and struggled with recurring acne that not only affected my complexion, it damaged my self esteem and confidence. I avoided social get-togethers and leaving the house because of my zit covered face. Enter the Microdelivery Peel Pads!...aka, my saving grace.

I have been using these pads for 3 months now and my face has taken a 180 turn for the better! When I look in the mirror at my bare face, I am often brought to tears at what I see - but in a good way. My face is smooth, pimple free, glowing, and soft. I didn't know what even toned skin was until I used these pads.

Bottom line...you will break out initally with these, but PLEASE hang in there. There is light at the end of the tunnel and it's in the form of a radiant complexion. Since Philosophy makes this product, these pads come with a high sticker price. But I buy mine on Ebay and pay half of what Sephora or QVC sells them for.

on 6/20/2008 9:48:00 PM

My hunt for an exfoliator began because a MAC MUA told me I needed to start exfoliating (duh) rather than just moisturize. At the time, I had been using and loving Purity Made Simple, so I figured philosophy probably would not let me down. I visited the philosophy counter, told the SA (who happened to be the counter manager) "I need an exfoliator." She asked me "Well, how much time do you want to spend on exfoliating?" I must of looked at her strangly, because she started to explain the differences between philosophy's Microdelivery products -the pads (3 seconds), the wash (30 seconds), and the peel (3 minutes). I'm lazy, so I chose the pads.

Basically, for $35 you get 60 pads. These pads are soaked (literally in the beginning, but they tend to dry out after awhile) in something containing lactic acid (the exfoliant). These are gentle enough for everyday use (unlike the peel), and simply require dry skin. You sweep the pad over your face, down your neck, etc. She recommended that I not "scrub" with these, and I'd agree - sweeping was enough to get of the flakies for me and I had no irritation (my biggest problem). Yes, they feel like they are leaving a "film" on your skin, but in my case, once I put on my moisturizer the "film" was gone (routine: wash face, use peel pad, moisturize, eye cream), so it wasn't a big deal or a problem.

The best thing about these: I began using Peter Thomas Roth's AHA/BHA body polish/exfoliator daily in lieu of these pads (the reviews here are great for this product). A month later I found out I was pregnant. About two weeks after that, I had terrible chemical burns on my face - I mean, *nothing* could soothe my face, and every little thing stung like crazy. After some experimenting, I narrowed down the suspects to one: PTR (oh, and probably hormones, but I can't exactly control those right now, so Peter's in trouble). What did I use to exfoliate after I healed? These pads - again, zero irritation, great exfoliation, no problems with this product.

What do I use to exfoliate? These pads. Why? They work for me, have not caused breakouts/irritation, are not terribly priced (you can use both sides of these, to make the jar last 120 days, but they tend to dry out a bit after 3 months), and are easily obtained from numerous sources both local and online. What's not to love?