Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel Pads

No Image

3.3

Water (aqua), Lactic Acid, Butylene Glycol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Biosaccharide Gum 1, Pyridoxine, Glutamine, Arginine HCl, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos/Red Tea) Leaf Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Geranium Maculatum (Geranium) Extract, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil (Tangerine), Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Extract (Tangerine), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Glycine Soja Extract (Soybean), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil (Lemon), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange Peel) Oil (Orange), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract (Orange), Glycerin, Polyquaternium 10, DMDM Hydrantoin

on 10/5/2016 10:56:00 PM

I wanted to love these but they simply didn't help my blind pimples and constant acne. I think they made them worse.

I highly recommend trying a straight lactic (40%) or mandelic peel (25%) or similar percentage from a cheaper brand. I have had amazing results and far more gently.

on 5/31/2012 6:32:00 PM

I just threw away the jar I've left from many months ago, mostly unused. Some skincare products are expensive but have absolutely no effects.
This actually has negative ones!!!

1. It caused tons of acne. I used to get little whiteheads here and there during the time of the month. However, this made me break out in large cysts, ones that only get accentuated by the makeup I wear over it. It also made my skin so dry that the most moisturizing liquid makeup wasn't enough. And, I had to go to school and the office looking like that. After I stopped using the pads, the severe acne is gone.

2. It hurts my skin in general. The pads are superb sticky, and they dry up sticky on my face. I don't even have sensitive skin, but these pads made my face somewhat red and burned a little.

3. It does nothing for cleaning pores. Since I don't have oily skin, I only have a few visible pores and blackheads. BUT, this doesn't even get rid of these. I think my cleanser and toner do a better job at cleaning up pores than this.

Lastly, please don't bother buying this or get a sample before deciding to. I think just looking at how sticky and smelly the product is should suffice to discourage the buyer...

on 10/25/2011 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

One of the worst products I've ever used, and one of the few I threw out way before it was finished (and it's not cheap!). This all happened about a year ago, so I don't exactly remember what I was expecting or hoping it would do, but I remember exactly how it felt - I didn't like the smell, the unsmooth sensation as it was drying, and I especially didn't like how my skin broke out afterward (it was the only new element in my skin care so I'm sure it was the culprit). Out of the 60-pad container, I think I used five of them and then chucked the rest. I should've returned it and gotten my money back but I was too annoyed to take the time and and make the effort. I doubt I'll buy a Philosophy product again.

Ew, I hated this.

My skin type: I'm pretty happy with my skin, there isn't really anything that needed major fixing - BUT, my skin can get quite oily especially in the summer, and that's when I noticed pores that are a little larger around my nose area.

I read the reviews and a lot of people claimed it shrank their pore size. Ummm, no. Not for me anyway.

First of all, this really sticky and I don't like the smell. I used it for about two weeks, and gave up. I can't stand the stickiness. They claim you can use it under makeup but it only aggravated oil production! My makeup didn't sit right on my skin.

Also, it did nothing for skin texture - in fact, it made me skin look rougher and also made my pores more noticeable!

What a waste of money.

on 2/8/2009 2:42:00 PM

I've been using this off and on for a month or so, and I feel like it's not really doing anything for my skin except drying it out. I sometimes use it in combination with Philosophy's "Hope in a Bottle," so that may be why my skin feels especially dry. So, yeah, my main problem with this is that I just don't really see any point in using it--might as well swab water on my face.

on 1/18/2009 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Ineffective. A waste of time and money. Spend a little more to get the Peter Thomas Roth UnWrinkle Peel Pads. They exfoliate and resurface!

Based on the reviews here, I wanted so badly to love this product. My skin's actually pretty good, but I break out really easily and I definitely have my bad days sometimes. Generally though, not bad at all. I can get away with wearing just tinted moisturizer and a little bit of powder. I rushed home to try this that night and at first, everything seemed ok. I didn't really like the way it felt, as others have mentioned.

The next morning, I woke up to little random bumps on my face. I figured I was just having a little reaction to it, but that my skin would get used to it. SO WRONG! I tried using it again for the next few nights, until finally I had to give up. My face felt like it was on fire, and I breaking out in what seemed like an allergic reaction on my face. It was unpleasant, and it took my skin two weeks to get back to normal.

Awesome if this works for you. I'm jealous if it did, but definitely not for me.

on 3/20/2008 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recently just purchased this product for my sensitive skin. Most scrubs and exfoliators I use tend to make my cheeks bright red and some even strip too much of my skin off. I have typically very dry cheeks (sometimes an oily forehead but can be quite dry as well).

A sales woman at Sephora suggested that perhaps the beads I was using was too strong and for me to try using a pad. I had tried MD Skincares line and that was awful on my skin. Not only did it burn (due to the ingredients) but my face was red, splothcy, and irritated for days to come!!!

I used this product for the first time this morning and I had no reaction. There was no burning sensation, no stripping of my sensitive, dry skin. Overall I'm not sure about long term results but right now I'm definitely keeping the product and may purchase again in the future.

ETA: After a week of using this product my skin has red bumps and repetitive use causes more irritated bumps, itchyness and dryness. Bringing my product back for a refund.

on 12/1/2007 5:15:00 PM

Way over-rated! I went through one full-sized jar, using one pad a day and NOTHING! Just like everything else, philosophy products are hit and miss too.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I didn't care for these peel pads at all (overated crap). They burned my skin & made it peel like crazy (my skin looked terrible). I recently tried MD Skincare peel pads & they are fantastic- everything that I wanted these to be.