Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel Pads

No Image

3.3

Water (aqua), Lactic Acid, Butylene Glycol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Biosaccharide Gum 1, Pyridoxine, Glutamine, Arginine HCl, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos/Red Tea) Leaf Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Geranium Maculatum (Geranium) Extract, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil (Tangerine), Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Extract (Tangerine), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Glycine Soja Extract (Soybean), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil (Lemon), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange Peel) Oil (Orange), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract (Orange), Glycerin, Polyquaternium 10, DMDM Hydrantoin

on 6/29/2008 1:31:00 PM

The difference these pads have made in my skin brings me to tears. I struggled and struggled with recurring acne that not only affected my complexion, it damaged my self esteem and confidence. I avoided social get-togethers and leaving the house because of my zit covered face. Enter the Microdelivery Peel Pads!...aka, my saving grace.

I have been using these pads for 3 months now and my face has taken a 180 turn for the better! When I look in the mirror at my bare face, I am often brought to tears at what I see - but in a good way. My face is smooth, pimple free, glowing, and soft. I didn't know what even toned skin was until I used these pads.

Bottom line...you will break out initally with these, but PLEASE hang in there. There is light at the end of the tunnel and it's in the form of a radiant complexion. Since Philosophy makes this product, these pads come with a high sticker price. But I buy mine on Ebay and pay half of what Sephora or QVC sells them for.

on 9/27/2008 11:39:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've been using these for 2 weeks. I like them because it really evened my skin tone. When I get a zit, it automatically leaves a pink spot. Most of the foundation I was wearing was to cover those spots. Anyway, this faded them drastically, and I think it has also kept breakouts at bay, or at least the clogged pores I get (from the foundation) that turn into zits (because I can't leave them alone). I bought it to get rid of the clogged pores I already had though, and blackheads. It hasn't really made a difference in the blackhead department. I suppose it just needs more time since it has done wonders for everything else.
I also use the same pad on my tattoo that I'm in the process of prepping for removal. For that it seems to work really well! The lighter it is the less expensive the treatment, so I'll continue to do this until I'm satisfied with the results. It was 55 dollars for a jar of 100 well saturated, large pads.
Overall I will continue to purchase because it has really changed my skin, I've already been able to swtich from full foundation to tinted moisturizer (haven't been able to use that since I was 13). I have not experience drying and I use BP cream right after, but all skin is different. I actually wake up really oily feeling, but it doesn't stay that way all day. I use them every night. Love!

on 6/20/2008 9:48:00 PM

My hunt for an exfoliator began because a MAC MUA told me I needed to start exfoliating (duh) rather than just moisturize. At the time, I had been using and loving Purity Made Simple, so I figured philosophy probably would not let me down. I visited the philosophy counter, told the SA (who happened to be the counter manager) "I need an exfoliator." She asked me "Well, how much time do you want to spend on exfoliating?" I must of looked at her strangly, because she started to explain the differences between philosophy's Microdelivery products -the pads (3 seconds), the wash (30 seconds), and the peel (3 minutes). I'm lazy, so I chose the pads.

Basically, for $35 you get 60 pads. These pads are soaked (literally in the beginning, but they tend to dry out after awhile) in something containing lactic acid (the exfoliant). These are gentle enough for everyday use (unlike the peel), and simply require dry skin. You sweep the pad over your face, down your neck, etc. She recommended that I not "scrub" with these, and I'd agree - sweeping was enough to get of the flakies for me and I had no irritation (my biggest problem). Yes, they feel like they are leaving a "film" on your skin, but in my case, once I put on my moisturizer the "film" was gone (routine: wash face, use peel pad, moisturize, eye cream), so it wasn't a big deal or a problem.

The best thing about these: I began using Peter Thomas Roth's AHA/BHA body polish/exfoliator daily in lieu of these pads (the reviews here are great for this product). A month later I found out I was pregnant. About two weeks after that, I had terrible chemical burns on my face - I mean, *nothing* could soothe my face, and every little thing stung like crazy. After some experimenting, I narrowed down the suspects to one: PTR (oh, and probably hormones, but I can't exactly control those right now, so Peter's in trouble). What did I use to exfoliate after I healed? These pads - again, zero irritation, great exfoliation, no problems with this product.

What do I use to exfoliate? These pads. Why? They work for me, have not caused breakouts/irritation, are not terribly priced (you can use both sides of these, to make the jar last 120 days, but they tend to dry out a bit after 3 months), and are easily obtained from numerous sources both local and online. What's not to love?

on 2/27/2005 12:44:00 PM

Udated: $35 for 60 pads (decent price) and the pads contain lactic acid for exfoliation and other ingredients like green tea and some antioxidants. There are a host of oils like orange oil and lavender, but they are towards the end of the ingredient list, so probably just for fragrance. Does not contain alcohol or witch hazel like other similar products, but it does contain a very small amount of eucolyptus oil which I could do without. I do see a nice, noticeable difference when I add this to my night routine. I look a little brighter and rosier in just after using it and that lasts until the morning. The afterfeel of this product is a bit sticky and you have to wait at least a few minutes for it to dry to apply any product over the top. I squeeze quite alot of the product off the pad before I apply it otherwise the tacky-sticky feel is just too much for me and it takes FOREVER to absorb. I was initially very put off by the sticky feeling, even though it was temporary. I'm trying to stick with a whole jar to see if it actually does anything. I emailed Philosophy asking them how much Lactic acid was in the product so I could guage whether or not it was OK to use any of my other chemical exfoliant products after, but I've never heard from them. I have used my BHA products after with no extra irritation or dryness. Not sure about repurchasing, right now it's a 'maybe'.

on 4/20/2012 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

After waiting patiently two weeks (using these pads faithfully every day swearing to myself im going to use all 60 before i give up) I woke up one morning to do my regular routine and was amazed. I went to a window to look in natural light and ill be damned. even toned radiant skin in NATURAL LIGHTTT. no illusion of my bathroom light. but it was honestly clear.. its takes awhile, NO it will not sting, NOOOO it wont see immediate results for some but if you stick with it you willl see a huge change. i will always have this in my morning routine

on 1/30/2012 4:03:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is not a review of someone who has used this product over a period of time. I received this as a sample at Sephora. I had doubts because I'm not a huge fan of the Philosophy line. But I followed the directions last night and swiped the pad over my clean, just clarisonic-ed face. I was expecting a tingle...slight burn...nothing. I admit I've had so many peels and used so many different acids on my face that I'm probably desensitized, but I literally felt nothing. It dried quickly on my face. I don't want to say it felt sticky because it definitely wasn't...but my skin felt just a tiny bit...dewy? Not unpleasant. Also, please note, I had a GIGANTIC zit on my chin that felt cystic underneath a huge surface eruption. Usually these take weeks to shrink on me. I also wiped the pad on my elbows as one of my coworkers said it would make them 'very soft.'
I woke up this morning and my zit has shrunk to the size of a lentil. Not even exaggerating a little. I was shocked. Skin texture overall was smooth and makeup went on beautifully after washing. My elbows however, feel no different. I would have to try the pads on a consistent basis to see if it was in fact the pad that performed the miracle...or if I should start praying to an acne god who visited me overnight.

on 5/9/2011 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

For some reason Philosophy products always sound really alluring to me. I think it's those QVC and HSN infomercials. Their promise of "makeup optional" gets me every time. Anyway, I was crazed with the Sephora F&F sale and threw these in my cart after reading some good reviews on here. I shouldn't have bothered. These pads did absolutely zilch for me - if anything, my face looked dryer and duller after using them. I have another product that I like much better that does the same thing. It also costs 1/3 the amount and takes up 1/5 the space in your medicine cabinet. Earth Science A/B Hydroxy Acid Night Rejuvenator, you can find it online for about $12 with sales & discounts. P.S. One note, if these pads DO work for you, is that they are very well-soaked with the solution. I cut them in half and had plenty to work with. If I had kept this, I would cut them in quarters--it would still be plenty for anyone's face!

on 3/26/2010 9:38:00 PM

I'm not a huge Philosophy fan.

Can't stand Purity (except to remove eye makeup) or Hope In A Jar, so know that this review's not written by a Philosophy devotee.

Bought this in a large kit (because it came with the Vitamin C peel and the Microdelivery wash, both of which I like) ..... hated, hated, hated it at first. I thought all it did was make my skin sticky.

So this big tub of pads sate here for a couple of months, and for some reason I decided to give it another go. Used it for a few nights and thought, "hmmmm, this stuff seems to be making my skin tone more even."

I subsequently used it for about two weeks, and was pleasantly surprised: definitely evened my skin tone, improved texture, "reduced" pore size, and gave me a lot of brightness and clarity.

Added bonus (graphic): I had had a small white head on my forehead for a couple of months that I thought I'd have to have professionally extracted, as it seemed to be quite deep under my skin and not going anywhere. After the two weeks --- no exaggeration --- it was obviously ready for an easy at home extraction, without any damage or excessive pressure.

Now I use a lot of exfolliating products, and a ton of skin products, but none had done the job before this .....

I think this added bonus was the deal maker for me.

This is now in my superfluous rotation of beauty products, and I think its a product with some great benefits. Does not moisturize or plump skin (hydrate), but deals with congestion, exfoliation, clarity, brightness, and overall tone.

Give it more than one or two nights to do its thang.

May be too much for sensitive skin.

on 1/29/2009 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I buy the larger ones and use them on my neck, chest, feet and hands after my face. These are nothing short of amazing. Great antioxidants and lactic acid that doesn't dry my face out or make it greasy. My body loves these. Philosophy has done wonders for my face. I try so many other things and always, always, always come back to Phil.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm on my 3rd jar of these pads now. I use them about 2X per week alternating with the Avon anew pads. My skin is really smooth and clear. I can easily just wear tinted moisturizer and look good. I can really see the difference in my skin after about 2 weeks of not using this product. My skin tolerates this product really well. I use it on my face, neck, chest, and the top of my hands. One pad covers all that area. I feel that this product is a little more gentle on my skin than the Avon product but both are good. I can't afford to get professional peels but I can afford this product and I really LOVE looking nice without makeup.