Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel Pads

Filtered by age: 25-29
No Image

3.3

Water (aqua), Lactic Acid, Butylene Glycol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Biosaccharide Gum 1, Pyridoxine, Glutamine, Arginine HCl, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos/Red Tea) Leaf Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Geranium Maculatum (Geranium) Extract, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil (Tangerine), Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Extract (Tangerine), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Glycine Soja Extract (Soybean), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil (Lemon), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange Peel) Oil (Orange), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract (Orange), Glycerin, Polyquaternium 10, DMDM Hydrantoin

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I tried this product after a recommendation from an Ulta consultant. After using the entire jar, I did not see or feel a significant change in my skin that would warrant another purchase of this product for the price. I cut the pads in half so the jar lasted me for twice as long; nonetheless, I didn't get the results I was hoping for... My skin didn't feel exfoliated nor do I believe it helped my other products penetrate my skin any better. It pretty much feels like swiping a water soaked pad over the face, which leaves a slightly sticky feeling to the skin.

on 8/7/2013 10:36:00 AM

I like these peel pads. I use them twice a week on my face and neck. I have acne on my cheeks and in times of weakness I pop them when they are really bad. When I use these pads, my face tingles and feels a little sticky for a while after but it goes away. When I wake up the next morning the little scab from popping a pimple is gone and the redness is visibly reduced. I also noticed that my skin over the last few months of using these consistently twice a week has been much smoother. I use a lot of other products on a schedule so I'm not sure if these pads alone would be doing this to my skin or if it's because of a combination of the other treatments I use. But, I still like this stuff. One thing I have noticed is that I am little more sensitive to sunburn than when I wasn't using the pads. Instead of SPF 70, now I have to use SPF 100+ when I go on vacation. Not a bad thing to me though as I use SPF everyday, gotta fight those wrinkles before you get them amiright?

on 4/11/2011 7:44:00 PM

After enjoying much success with Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash, I was eager to try these pads. Unfortunately, lightning didn't strike twice.

The pads were soaking wet in the tub, and were just gross to apply as they dampened my face considerably. I figured my face would magically dry, like when applying a toner. This was not the case, and I was left with a sticky film all over my face. After 20 minutes or so, I could not deal with the film because firstly it was a less than pleasant feeling and secondly I was afraid of breaking out. So, I washed it off and figured I'd give the product another go the next day.

Well, all hopes were dashed when I woke up and found several red bumps on my forehead. I wanted this to improve my skin, not make it worse! I went on MUA and found that many other reviewers had similar complaints. Still not satisfied, I read a review by Paula Begoun and she noted that the oils in this product could irritate one's skin. Oils? Irritate? No thank you.

I thought that I'd be a Philosophy convert after using the exfoliating wash, but I guess Philosophy is like every other brand I've tried: it's hit or miss.

on 10/14/2010 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is for the Microdelivery Multi-Use Peel Pads, which do have some difference in its ingredients list than the Mini Pads.

After finishing and liking a 30-day supply of MD Skincares Alpha Beta Body Peel, but not blown away by the results, I decided that its $78 price tag was too much for 30 applications. Having liked all the philosophy products Ive tried before, I decided to give this a try (especially since it was cheaper at $55 AND had 100 pads). After the first application (in the evening after showering, applied to my back, torso, chest, and neck), I immediately noticed that I caused no dryness or irritation. The next morning, my back (which has the most problems) felt smoother. After two months, my back and torso are smoother, my sun damage spots are smaller, and I still havent run out of pads. The scent is a synthetic-smelling citrus, but it dissipates quickly and isnt enough to deter me from this product. I will definitely buy again.

on 6/20/2008 9:48:00 PM

My hunt for an exfoliator began because a MAC MUA told me I needed to start exfoliating (duh) rather than just moisturize. At the time, I had been using and loving Purity Made Simple, so I figured philosophy probably would not let me down. I visited the philosophy counter, told the SA (who happened to be the counter manager) "I need an exfoliator." She asked me "Well, how much time do you want to spend on exfoliating?" I must of looked at her strangly, because she started to explain the differences between philosophy's Microdelivery products -the pads (3 seconds), the wash (30 seconds), and the peel (3 minutes). I'm lazy, so I chose the pads.

Basically, for $35 you get 60 pads. These pads are soaked (literally in the beginning, but they tend to dry out after awhile) in something containing lactic acid (the exfoliant). These are gentle enough for everyday use (unlike the peel), and simply require dry skin. You sweep the pad over your face, down your neck, etc. She recommended that I not "scrub" with these, and I'd agree - sweeping was enough to get of the flakies for me and I had no irritation (my biggest problem). Yes, they feel like they are leaving a "film" on your skin, but in my case, once I put on my moisturizer the "film" was gone (routine: wash face, use peel pad, moisturize, eye cream), so it wasn't a big deal or a problem.

The best thing about these: I began using Peter Thomas Roth's AHA/BHA body polish/exfoliator daily in lieu of these pads (the reviews here are great for this product). A month later I found out I was pregnant. About two weeks after that, I had terrible chemical burns on my face - I mean, *nothing* could soothe my face, and every little thing stung like crazy. After some experimenting, I narrowed down the suspects to one: PTR (oh, and probably hormones, but I can't exactly control those right now, so Peter's in trouble). What did I use to exfoliate after I healed? These pads - again, zero irritation, great exfoliation, no problems with this product.

What do I use to exfoliate? These pads. Why? They work for me, have not caused breakouts/irritation, are not terribly priced (you can use both sides of these, to make the jar last 120 days, but they tend to dry out a bit after 3 months), and are easily obtained from numerous sources both local and online. What's not to love?

on 1/27/2008 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok, I originally used this product with a biore acne was scrub and saw absolutely 0 results. Then I switched to Neutrogena's acne wash since it was recommended. Let's just say within 48 hours I had a nasty chemical burn on my face. Peeling, burning, dryness. Not fun. I'm now using this product on my chest since I paid $55 for the stupid, resultless item. Will not repurchase. (Neutrogena's been great by the way.)

on 7/24/2007 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been using a pad once a week for about 5 or 6 weeks. I have dry sensitive skin though so for 2 hours after I use them my skin is a bit irritated and red, however after that I feel like I have new skin. I know some people use them several times a week but I don't think it's necessary and I don't think my skin would tolerate it well. It seems to help my pores and it works well in combination with Hope in a Jar. I like.

on 12/10/2006 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love the microdelivery peel but these pads sucks. They are so flimsy and thin and hard to seperate. It didn't do anything for my skin either. I would not repurchase. Go get the Microdelivery peel set instead it's much better.

on 12/6/2006 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought these after using the regular Microdelivery Peel system (citrus scrub and activator), thinking they would do similar things, and boy was I wrong! I loved the feel of my skin after using the regular peel (I got a one-time-use sample from Sephora), so I got the pads instead of the usual system -- the pads are cheaper too, 60 pads for $35 vs. $65 for the peel system. First off, the pads are very thin, and using one of them all around my face pretty much disintegrated it. Second, it didn't tingle in a good way, it felt like it was burning my skin (which the two-step peel did not do!), and then I could feel my skin reddening. The two-step did make my skin red, but it was a tingly feeling instead of a burning, hot sensation. I let it sit for about 20 minutes afterwards, and then applied a gentle moisturizer, and my skin just felt super-oily and really weird. I didn't notice any dramatic improvement the next day, but heck....it's only been one use! I don't know if I'll use these again though, they felt so odd on my face!! UPDATE 11/1/07: I returned these to Sephora. Hated them! continued >>

These break me out and if I leave it on for any amount of time at all it starts to STINK! Using these does not improve my skin at all just makes me break out. Never again.