Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel Pads

Filtered by age: 19-24
No Image

3.4

Water (aqua), Lactic Acid, Butylene Glycol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Biosaccharide Gum 1, Pyridoxine, Glutamine, Arginine HCl, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos/Red Tea) Leaf Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Geranium Maculatum (Geranium) Extract, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil (Tangerine), Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Extract (Tangerine), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Glycine Soja Extract (Soybean), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil (Lemon), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange Peel) Oil (Orange), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract (Orange), Glycerin, Polyquaternium 10, DMDM Hydrantoin

on 5/31/2012 6:32:00 PM

I just threw away the jar I've left from many months ago, mostly unused. Some skincare products are expensive but have absolutely no effects.
This actually has negative ones!!!

1. It caused tons of acne. I used to get little whiteheads here and there during the time of the month. However, this made me break out in large cysts, ones that only get accentuated by the makeup I wear over it. It also made my skin so dry that the most moisturizing liquid makeup wasn't enough. And, I had to go to school and the office looking like that. After I stopped using the pads, the severe acne is gone.

2. It hurts my skin in general. The pads are superb sticky, and they dry up sticky on my face. I don't even have sensitive skin, but these pads made my face somewhat red and burned a little.

3. It does nothing for cleaning pores. Since I don't have oily skin, I only have a few visible pores and blackheads. BUT, this doesn't even get rid of these. I think my cleanser and toner do a better job at cleaning up pores than this.

Lastly, please don't bother buying this or get a sample before deciding to. I think just looking at how sticky and smelly the product is should suffice to discourage the buyer...

Ew, I hated this.

My skin type: I'm pretty happy with my skin, there isn't really anything that needed major fixing - BUT, my skin can get quite oily especially in the summer, and that's when I noticed pores that are a little larger around my nose area.

I read the reviews and a lot of people claimed it shrank their pore size. Ummm, no. Not for me anyway.

First of all, this really sticky and I don't like the smell. I used it for about two weeks, and gave up. I can't stand the stickiness. They claim you can use it under makeup but it only aggravated oil production! My makeup didn't sit right on my skin.

Also, it did nothing for skin texture - in fact, it made me skin look rougher and also made my pores more noticeable!

What a waste of money.

Based on the reviews here, I wanted so badly to love this product. My skin's actually pretty good, but I break out really easily and I definitely have my bad days sometimes. Generally though, not bad at all. I can get away with wearing just tinted moisturizer and a little bit of powder. I rushed home to try this that night and at first, everything seemed ok. I didn't really like the way it felt, as others have mentioned.

The next morning, I woke up to little random bumps on my face. I figured I was just having a little reaction to it, but that my skin would get used to it. SO WRONG! I tried using it again for the next few nights, until finally I had to give up. My face felt like it was on fire, and I breaking out in what seemed like an allergic reaction on my face. It was unpleasant, and it took my skin two weeks to get back to normal.

Awesome if this works for you. I'm jealous if it did, but definitely not for me.

on 10/9/2008 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Wow, so bad that I returned it! It may work for some, but it didnt make me feel like it was doing anything and instead dried my face out. First off, the application process was ridiculous...I didnt feel like I was doing anything but applying water on a cotton pad...second, it made my face feel uncomfortably dry..although it's great to use a moisturizer or other treatment right after this ritual, but still I didn't find it helpful.

on 9/27/2008 11:39:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've been using these for 2 weeks. I like them because it really evened my skin tone. When I get a zit, it automatically leaves a pink spot. Most of the foundation I was wearing was to cover those spots. Anyway, this faded them drastically, and I think it has also kept breakouts at bay, or at least the clogged pores I get (from the foundation) that turn into zits (because I can't leave them alone). I bought it to get rid of the clogged pores I already had though, and blackheads. It hasn't really made a difference in the blackhead department. I suppose it just needs more time since it has done wonders for everything else.
I also use the same pad on my tattoo that I'm in the process of prepping for removal. For that it seems to work really well! The lighter it is the less expensive the treatment, so I'll continue to do this until I'm satisfied with the results. It was 55 dollars for a jar of 100 well saturated, large pads.
Overall I will continue to purchase because it has really changed my skin, I've already been able to swtich from full foundation to tinted moisturizer (haven't been able to use that since I was 13). I have not experience drying and I use BP cream right after, but all skin is different. I actually wake up really oily feeling, but it doesn't stay that way all day. I use them every night. Love!

on 6/29/2008 1:31:00 PM

The difference these pads have made in my skin brings me to tears. I struggled and struggled with recurring acne that not only affected my complexion, it damaged my self esteem and confidence. I avoided social get-togethers and leaving the house because of my zit covered face. Enter the Microdelivery Peel Pads!...aka, my saving grace.

I have been using these pads for 3 months now and my face has taken a 180 turn for the better! When I look in the mirror at my bare face, I am often brought to tears at what I see - but in a good way. My face is smooth, pimple free, glowing, and soft. I didn't know what even toned skin was until I used these pads.

Bottom line...you will break out initally with these, but PLEASE hang in there. There is light at the end of the tunnel and it's in the form of a radiant complexion. Since Philosophy makes this product, these pads come with a high sticker price. But I buy mine on Ebay and pay half of what Sephora or QVC sells them for.

on 3/20/2008 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recently just purchased this product for my sensitive skin. Most scrubs and exfoliators I use tend to make my cheeks bright red and some even strip too much of my skin off. I have typically very dry cheeks (sometimes an oily forehead but can be quite dry as well).

A sales woman at Sephora suggested that perhaps the beads I was using was too strong and for me to try using a pad. I had tried MD Skincares line and that was awful on my skin. Not only did it burn (due to the ingredients) but my face was red, splothcy, and irritated for days to come!!!

I used this product for the first time this morning and I had no reaction. There was no burning sensation, no stripping of my sensitive, dry skin. Overall I'm not sure about long term results but right now I'm definitely keeping the product and may purchase again in the future.

ETA: After a week of using this product my skin has red bumps and repetitive use causes more irritated bumps, itchyness and dryness. Bringing my product back for a refund.

on 3/30/2007 1:54:00 PM

I have used these for about six months, and I have not noticed any real benefit. They leave a sticky feeling on my skin and do not do much to exfoliate my skin (clinique total turnaround concentrate works much better). These also did not help clear out my clogged pores and seemed to make my blemishes worse. They do smell good, and I didn't experience any irritation, just a little tingle. But I did not get any of the anti-inflammatory benefits they claim to have and they definitely didn't "prep my skin" for other prodcuts like it claims to. They did leave my skin with a little more moisture, but it just wasn't worth the stickiness. I don't think I will be repurchasing these.

on 11/13/2006 7:11:00 PM

I received this today and used one pad, no big results. Smelled very nice but I noticed my face felt very oily an hour later probably due to the moisturizers in the product. I would not buy these again.

on 9/21/2006 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Pro's: I have dry skin, and I can use these pads every night without consequence. They make my skin glow, they're portable, they don't dry out in the container, and they smell good. Con's: Expensive, they leave a funky sticky film so I only use them at night, those are the only two. I got my mom hooked on these as well, her skin is very oily, with large pores and bad rosacea, boy her skin has done a complete turnaround. Mine stays smooth and soft, and seems to drink up my moisturizer better. I only wish they were less expensive, but oh well.