Weleda Aloe Vera Body Lotion

Weleda Aloe Vera Body Lotion

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This body lotion is really great if your body skin is on the normal side, with some dryness here and there. The scent is kinds strong when you apply it but it fades away in a matter of minutes. It's also very gentle and calming. I find it works well on my whole body and especially on my legs which are usually quite dehydrated. As other Weleda products, it contains many beneficial oils that add an extra glow to your skin.

I have used this for a little over 2 weeks and I am really enjoying it so far. It has a very light milky texture that is perfect for summer when you don't want too heavy a lotion. At first I didn't like the scent so much because I thought that it smelled like a moist towelette (the lemon scented ones) but now the scent has grown on me. The lotion is aloe vera but it smells more like citrus to me. I will probably repurchase when I run out.

on 5/9/2006 11:47:00 AM

This is a very thin, almost watery lotion, but I find it sinks it quickly and is more moisturizing than you'd guess. I would want something richer in the winter, when my skin freaks out and starts flaking, but this is nice for warmer months. The smell is kind of like citrus, with something definitely non-fruity--which I can't describe, though it's kind of, um, powdery?--mixed in. I quite like the scent, but am glad it fades pretty quickly, as I wouldn't want this mingling with my perfume or whatever else I've got on. The plastic bottle is durable and easy to use, and this is really cheap. It spreads so well that it takes longer to get through the bottle than you'd think. I think Weleda is a great natural alternative to drugstore and high street brands.

on 7/30/2005 11:46:00 AM

I like this product. It's a fairly light moisturiser and has a lovely smell, sort of citrus mingled with ylang ylang. It's not the most moisturising lotion I've ever used but it's quite effective and I love the smell and it's natural.

on 4/11/2005 4:27:00 PM

I ordered this along with mallow body lotion on special offer. I'm glad I did - it's a very light and refreshing lotion, sinks in immediately and leaves a fresh feeling while still moisturising. The scent is a bit, well, unisex I guess - rather than alluring; but I like using this when I don't want to smell of perfume anyway. My fiancee does not exactly object but he did point out that a man could use this too. The smell is just a bit too strong, is my only complaint. This lotion is probably not intensive enough for really dry skin but it should make a great every-day lotion for summer because of its light & non-greasy texture. I would repurchase this if I hadn't already decided I want Dr Hauschka's quince lotion for that purpose - I prefer the smell of Dr Hauschka. ***UPDATE*** I had not been really using this because I was using the mallow lotion up first, but I have now started to worry that the alcohol content in both of them is not doing my skin any favours... this one in particular feels really 'cooling' when it goes on, which could well be due to the alcohol content (which is not mentioned btw on their UK website!). Why put alcohol in a body lotion anyway? I had a bad reaction to the mallow lotion (see separate review) and I won't buy a Weleda lotion again.

on 2/27/2005 6:42:00 AM

Another great lotion of weleda.It's refreshing and very moisturizing.I love to use this after a work out.