4.5

price range

Reviews

1.0

7 months ago

Horrible. In the early 2000s it was better. Now it smudges all over, the line ends up duplicating on my upper lid and smudging below, even if set with powder shadow, dries out.... Bobbi Brown whist I do not appreciate her brand as a whole makes a great pot liner.

About reviewer (388 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

2.0
from

3 years ago

I bought the Fluidliners in Shade (dark greeny/blue) and Siahi (medium bluey/green). This was the first time I'd ever used a MAC eyeliner and after reading the stellar reviews on Makeup Alley, I was excited to try them. Firstly, the colors are BEAUTIFUL! BUT - the formulation is a little dry and tends to flake onto my face. Also I need to build the color up a good 3/4 coats to get the rich, true-to-color as it appears in the pot. My biggest complaint tho is that it SMUDGES under my eyes within 2 hrs of application. A big disappointment considering how much I'd spent on 2 pots (Cdn $20 each). I know it's the liner that smears and not my mascara because I get blue or green racoon eyes and not black, which would be my mascara. Even with a coat of trusty Urban Decay Primer Potion both on my eyelids and under my eyes before application of the liner didn't stop the smudging. Having said that tho, the staying power is very good. Without primer, my cats eye stayed sharp and color-true for 12 hrs and with primer 15+ hrs. Unfortunately still would not repurchase.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

i have this in the color chilled, which is a nude shade with some shimmer in it. i love this gel liner, it is really creamy and glides on easily. i find that it doesn't smudge, and i have oily eyelids, (i do have to prep them first btw (some brands will smudge regardless)) i think it was around $16 when i bought it, which is ok not too pricy considering it is he brand and ds are around $10 now ;(

About reviewer (137 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

4 years ago

I have BlackTrack & DipDown, that's all I need for eyeliners! These are waterproof ime & wear like iron. I just adore them, even over Inglot #77 which used to be my HG. These are my HG I also have Brow Fluidline in dark blonde & it is the closest thing I've come to using up a Brow product (without losing it first lol). The Fluidline is amazing so worth the $$$ it lasts forever & doesn't seem to easily dry out if kept tightly capped when not in use. I think Fluidline is the best gel on the market. Downtown triple crown!! Winning!!

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

4 years ago

I own so many Fluidlines and absolutely adore them! These are quite creamy gel eyeliners, which come in tons of shades. Some shades which have got glitter in them might feel somewhat chalky or drier, but the matte shades are simply stunning. If you are new to these, then I would highly recommend starting with either Blacktrack or Dipdown. The pigmentation is what some people might complain about, however I never had any problems with these. What I do is let the first layer set a bit and then run more colour on top of it, I mean I use these gel liners for about 5 years now and they are amazing. They are not as dry as say Bobbi Brown ones, but once you learn how to work with them - they will be your best make-up friends. They won't smudge, budge or move around. I actually swam wearing these so many times and they never failed me. For more tips on what brushes to use with Fluidline and how to prevent them from drying out, head to a blog review below. Hope it helps! http://www.partyparrotblog.com/#!MAC-Fluidline-101/cmbz/565962970cf2a3b83ffb837e

About reviewer (553 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

2.0

5 years ago

I have purchased a lot of the fluidlines, both colors that are part of the permanent collection (blacktrack, dipdown, macroviolet, blitz and glitz) and a few LE's (dark aversion and avenue). I truly believed for a long time that these were an HG product for me. This is despite the fact that some of the individual pots were dry and some of the colors flaked horribly. I recently purchased new pots of dipdown and blacktrack, and I don't know if MAC has completely changed the formula for these, but I am returning them both. They are dry and almost impossible to apply, and these two used to be my go-to, stress free, always perfect colors.

About reviewer (975 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

6 years ago

Not all gel liners are created equally. Some are creamy and some are more dry. When I think of creamy liners, MAC are the first to come to mind. Prior to trying MAC, I tried L'Oreal and Stila so I thought all gel liners are dry. These liners also work as a really great base under shadows or as an all over wash. I will repurchase.

About reviewer (877 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

7 years ago

I absolutely love this eyeliner. If you're worried about it being a little expensive, don't be because you truly get your moneys worth. I love applying it with a brush, it's so easy. It stays on all day, i've gone swimming and it lasted on and still looked good. When it came to washing it off, it comes off easily. Plus, what looks like a small amount, goes a long way! I've tried a lot of different eyeliners and this is by far my favorite!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

8 years ago

Where do I start. Best eyeliner you can buy. Is pricey when you buy the liner and the brush, but so worth it - it lasts for months and months. Stays on all day where it is supposed to, goes on easily, very easy to apply. Love this stuff!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

I have Fluidline in Dipdown and Macroviolet and love them both. The colors are very good and this product stays creamy until the last speck in the pot, which was not my experience with either Stila or Bobbi Brown gel eyeliners. I find gel eyeliners have a less harsh look than liquid, and are easier to apply. I use an angle brush. The big advantage for me for gel over pencil is that it lasts all day on my eyelids, while pencil disappears in a couple of hours (I don’t know where it goes!).

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure