Clinique Lash Power Mascara

Clinique Lash Power Mascara
Lash Power Mascara

3.9

Water, Acrylates Copolymer, Kaolin, Silica, Beeswax, Butylene Glycol, Peg,15 Glycerl Stearate, Carnauba Wax, Alcohol Denat., Hydrogenated Rapeseed Oil, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Bentonite, Tocopherol, Jojoba Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Simethicone, Stearic Acid, Sucrose Distearate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Aminoethyl Propanediol, Sodium Citrate, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, [ /, Mica, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Blue Lake 1 (Ci 42090), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Carmine (Ci 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742)

My eye lashes are quite short and top of that my eyes are quite tiny too, so all other so-called "water proof" mascaras smudged on my eyes making me look like panda. . . Until I met this one. This one never smudges, flakes or comes off after a good cry. I also like the smaller brush so I can reach all the tiny lashes my eyes have. The most reliable mascara so far.

on 6/23/2018 1:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

So, I have very, very, oily eyelids and under eyes. Because of this, I can't wear conventional or even waterproof mascaras because they just end up in a puddle under my eyes about an hour or so after I apply them. And then I found TUBING MASCARAS! There really isn't anything special about Clinique Lash Power if you don't have the kind of panda-eye issues that I have. However, it's the best, readily available tubing mascara that I have found.

Tubing mascaras are really just mascaras that dry into a solid on your lashes and only come off when you pull them off with a warm washcloth. If your eye area pretty much manufactures its own eye-makeup remover like mine does these are a godsend.

There are a few different tubing mascaras on the market but they are rarely marketed that way. Blinc was the first and most obvious one that I started out with. I liked it but I found it didn't really lengthen or thicken at all and the tube would dry out and get chunky within a month. Then, I found Imju Fiberwig and I fell absolutely, head-over-heels in love with it. But, I won't get into why it was so great as you can't find it in Canada anymore (which I suspect is because it contains some chemicals which have been banned here).

I hadn't realized that Lash Power was a tubing mascara until I started casually chatting with a Clinique rep at Nordstrom one day. (Btw, I had directly asked a couple of reps at Sephora about what tubing mascaras they carried and they had absolutely no idea). This mascara definitely stays alllll day long until you pull it off with a warm washcloth. I have even taken a dip in a pool and it stayed on for the most part. When it has come off (usually due to me rubbing my eyes too much during allergy season) it just balls up and falls right off.

I wouldn't say this offers a lot of length or thickness but it does more than Blinc did in that department I have also found there are some tricks to making this mascara work well. Basically, most tubing mascaras dry out fast, get chunky and become unusable. Most are not cheap so I have found the following tricks helpful:

-You have to really screw the tube top back on tightly so no air gets in. It's even better if you store this in a small ziplock bag.
-It's best to wipe this mascara wand off every time you use this and before you put it back in the tube.
-I also usually use a lash separator to take care of any chunks that end up on my lashes.

Overall, if you can easily wear conventional mascaras without much trouble I probably wouldn't bother much with this one. It's a bit of work to get it to perform well and even with the tips above the tube dries out and you have to replace it often. But, if you have oily eyelids or need something that will wear a really long time (eg. for a wedding) I would definitely check this out. I find that it performs better than any tubing mascara that I can still get in North America!

Pros:
-very long wearing
-no smudging or smearing at all
-totally waterproof

Cons:
-not much length or thickness
-tube dries out quickly
-some work to make it perform well

on 6/21/2018 1:38:00 AM

Pros: cute little wand

Cons: liquidy, clumps, flakes

Terrible, just terrible! 'Covergirl's Peacock Flare Waterproof' mascara stays on despite it being a less expensive product (not a fan of the wand) as does 'Covergirl's Professional Waterproof' mascara (smudges the slightest). I think I'm going to stick with what works and stop wasting money trying to find something better when the only improvement would be the wand regarding the formula that works best on my eyes (no budging, smudging, or fudging).

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is absolutely budge proof. That is no mean feat on someone who habitually ends up with raccoon eyes even with waterproof formulas. It also gives beautiful lashes. It separates wonderfully - I've never had it clump. It gives excellent length and curl. It is not especially volumizing, though, so if you are looking for that, perhaps look elsewhere. The packaging is plain, but that's ok when you have a top quality product and only charge $18 for it. The wand is perfect. Slim, so you can easily get into the corners of the eyes, and with loads of fine bristles to define and lengthen. For me, it is the perfect mascara.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using tubing mascara ever since I learned what it was, back when Blinc was called Kiss Me mascara, so maybe 2004-5ish? Regular and waterproof mascaras are terrible on me (as are most eyeliners), because my oily lids just cause everything to migrate within a couple hours. It's so disappointing to hear everyone rave about the newest mascara on the block, knowing it will make me look like a panda. But tubing mascara has at least allowed me to wear mascara at all! Lash Power is a bit more fibrous than Blinc, and it's buildable, unlike Blinc. The standout feature of Lash Power is the brush, though. It's tiny, and sort of a Marquis shape, tapered at the end, allowing you to get to all the tiny corner lashes and even the bottom lashes without making a mess! I've also tried the Flutter to Full version, but because of the brush, I prefer the OG. If your mascara migrates and you're not into that, you owe it to yourself to try a tubing mascara, and while it isn't the cheapest one on the market, it does go on b2g1 sales a couple times a year so you can get it for less. If you like bigger brushes, I recommend trying other tubing mascaras, such as L'Oreal or ELF 3-in-1. There are lots of options these days, you'll surely find one that suits you at any price point!

on 1/13/2018 1:26:00 PM

I have tried a million different mascaras and tried so many different concealers(to prevent panda eyes) most of them used a few times, big fail and move onto the next. It’s so frustrating. However after reading the reviews for this mascara I thought it was worth a shot.

This mascara does exactly what it says on the outside. It doesn’t budge or smudge or drop onto skin. However this is all it does so if you’re looking for loads of volume I’d maybe try it over your usual mascara. I give it 5 because of this it doesn’t promise to do anything else and for me I love it!! Will deffo re purchase.

I have been using this mascara for YEARS! I work as a personal trainer/group fitness instructor & it is so hard to find a mascara that will not smudge, but comes off without special makeup removers. My only complaint is that it flakes off & the little flakes sit on my cheeks or end up in my eyes. This happens 100% of the time & has been unavoidable; maybe I should try a primer. However, I will say that they make my lashes look long, separated & defined. No volume & it's a one coat mascara unless you want to look like you have clumpy spider legs for lashes. The mascara is very "wet" at 1st as well so I pull the wand out aginst the side of the tube to remove some of the product for the 1st week or so.
My 1st inclination to buy it was after water skiing with a friend & noticing her lashes looking flawless after she got out of the water.

on 10/9/2017 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Lash Power/Lash Power Flutter to Full are the only mascaras that do not smudge on me that I have found to date. Thank you Clinique. This HG for me.

on 9/29/2017 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Purchased in Dark Chocolate. Not a big fan of this formula, it says long wearing and I guess it is, but it really didn't do anything for my fragile, sparse, short eyelashes. Didn't really thicken or lengthen, and you need a good remover to get it all off. Won't be repurchasing.

I like this mascara a lot. First and most importantly for me, it stays put. It does not melt off under my eyes, and most other non-long lasting formulas do. And it really truly does wash off with warm water, which not all "long lasting" mascaras do for me. It also makes my eyelashes look longer and fuller. And it doesn't irritate my eyes (I wear contact lenses and have fairly sensitive eyes.) For the price, I think it's good, and I'll buy it again.