Neostrata HQ Skin Lightening Gel

3.3

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I just started using this product and I think I will only use it at night despite of the packaging recommends twice daily.There is just no way to use it during the day.It is extremely sticky.I couldn't use any of my other products! I could oly use this product with my eye cream tonight and I will let ou know how effective it is for me

*****UPDATE***** I couldnt use this gel more than 3 days as it turned my face into a tomatoe.It was really harsh on my sensitive skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product last year for post inflammatory hyperpigmentation caused by acne. I am unlucky in that every single pimple I get leaves me with a PIH scar that lasts for several months, if not longer. I stopped using it after a few days cause it was just too sticky. I used Phyto + instead which is good, but not as strong as hydroquinone. So I decided recently to try this product again and used it for a couple of weeks. Then I started breaking out and in the same places I was applying it so I came to MU to see if others have broken out using this product and lo and behold --I am not the only one. I was worried that my skin had grown tolerant to the Retin A I've been using and was thinking I'd have to increase the strength, but now I think it might be this product and will stop using it ASAP! It really sucks cause I used this serum to lighten PIH scars and now I have a lot more DUE to this product. Big mistake on my part. So if you have sensitive or acne prone skin--stay away!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

i got some packets of this in the acne trial kit and i hadn' been using them til i started wearing makeup again and remembered i have a dark spot on one cheek that always makes my blush look uneven and messed up like as if i got a spot of contour or eyeshadow onto the middle of one cheek. then also i noticed a like new mole/beauty mark on my chin. so i was trying to target those spots but i was switching skincare routines and started using philosophy when hope is not enough firming serum and now after a few days - week of this my one cheek has two scratch/hit lines like u know red type bruising // and i got one tiny dot of it under my eye. so i guess these products are way too strong to mix at all. i notice some brightening but my marks are still there and also now my cheeks are just completely all uneven cuz it was real hard to target just that one spot on the one cheek so now the rest of that cheek is totally light with still a darker spot and my other side even tho i tried my best to even out is it's old red self just a little lighter. so anyway i will use the rest of my packets (kit comes with 4 or 5) when my philosophy runs out after winter and i switch back to exuviance after my spring allergy nose needs some evening restorative complex. i'm hoping the philosophy will be enough to not need it in the winter any longer now that i'll have enough quantity and variety of products. but if not it's okay cuz i can just use it for my undernose/above mouth area like a couple nights and all the chapped red skin is pretty much healed. i'm kinda scared to use the peels from phil. for that type purpose tho. not sure which product would be best for that prob. one i won't have this season : (...............

edit: blah blah blah i can't even read all that ..... haha well i gave up on it i guess..... trying it again now cuz i got some new sun spots and the major one right in the center of my nose under my eyebrows (OMG! f trying to tan my face ever !!! ) is almost almost gone ..... my older ones taking longer.... go away a lot at first but then slow down... but best of all is this huge burn scar i have i am using it on is having spots of skin starting to show thru so thats good & putting rating up from 3 to 4 i guess cuz .... idk how other products work.... mabye gonna try palmers or ambi when i run out of packets. so if those work then i'm sure there is some better product in this exuviance/neostrata price range....... anyway still putting it up cuz the new sun spots going away quick w/ just a couple packets i am using on everything.... and the scar part idk if other products really exfoliate and cell renew like this... (i'll buy again yes after nothing same price or cheaper works better and i sitllneed fading)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product for post inflamatory hiperpigmentation problems after a laser hair removal treatment in face. Post inflamatory pigmentation are the most hard spots to remove, and i tried several treatments. This product really help me to diminish the problem but had a secondary effect. The gel is VERY VERY sticky and acts like a pore-clogging agent, so it is not recomended for acne-prone skin. Unforntunatelly in my country is the only that I've found with hydroquinone that really works, so now i'm aplying with a 30% AHA mask in the night, avoiding breakouts. I won't buy this product again because make me breakout and there others products with higher hydroquinone content at the same price.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am using it since may and I think that my "melasma" marks didn't change. I don't know if I had to use it for at least 6 months for good results, but I was very disappointed...

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Firstly, I'm African descent (dark skinned) based in the UK and I have the Neostrata Pigment Lightening Gel 10 AHA PHA non HQ brand. I bought this product in the hope that it would lighten a pigmentation scar on my face. As I have incredibly sensitive skin (atopic eczema) I've had to be more than cautious with beauty products. I purchased the gel 10 days ago and I can already see a slight difference! It does sting a little on application and there is some flaking of the skin (exfoliation) but it can be worn under moisturisers. This is a slow process (btw I was told buy a pharmacist that any product for the skin that works within a few days probably has dubious ingredients, unless on prescripton from a doctor) but I'm hopeful that it will work. I tried the Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Corrector but that seemed to stop working after too weeks! Anyway, I'll post again in a few weeks with an update.

UPDATE 2010

I have not used this in ages as the peeling got to be too much. Now on Skinoren (Azelaic acid).

I bought this product as a last resort. Over the summer from sweat/dirt i dunno, i got a breakout on my back (which has never happened before in my life) of course i was horrified but figured it was a one time thing and would go away, but i kept getting those cystic pimples for MONTHS, finally i got it under control, but had picked at them so bad i had scars on my back. I actually went and got the scars lasered with the V-Beam, which bruises your skin to break up the blood vessles making that make the scar red. anyhow, the laser ended up burning me, so the red was gone but now i had these pink burn marks which i was so worried would be permanent, vitamin e and coca butter even mederma wouldn't lighten these burn/scar marks which i applied daily morning and night for a month. So i bought this product (after trying many other things) and after 2 uses my marks faded by 50%, which is pretty impresive, i have never had any product make a difference so fast, so it has now been a week and the marks are pretty much gone, u can't see them in regular light (but u can still see them in the light of a vanity mirror - but when will i ever be in that kind of light) So i would definetly recomend this product, i can finally wear tank tops again :)

I really really REALLY wish this worked for me like a most of the other reviewers. I had a few acne hyperpigmentation marks which I was desperate to lighten up quicker than waiting for them to fade because in the last few months I'd been able to control my acne and was left with mainly just the marks.

I was sooo wrong. For some reason, perhaps my skin is becoming more sensitive after years of harsh acne treatments, but I broke out in the places where I put this! I may try again someday, but for now, I've only just been able to get rid of the cystic pimples which appeared on the places where I had only marks before and the marks seem to be healing slowly just using my normal routine plus a honey mask from L'occitane.

I still recommend it to people who want to lighten pigmentation spots because Neostrata is such a great brand. Just be sure that your skin can handle it before you try it on your face like me.

Ok first let me add the disclaimer that I'm not sure I'm talking about exactly the same product as the rest of you girls. The stuff I bought is NeoStrata 'pigment lightening gel' as opposed to 'skin lightening gel', and has 'AHA 10' on it.
This is strong stuff!! My skin is not particularly sensitive, I've tolerated the strongest acne products in the past. So I blithely slapped some of this onto two stubborn post-acne hyperpigmentation marks on my forehead before bed. But the next morning I was alarmed to wake up and find that my forehead had acquired a strange crinkly texture. Over the next two days it got very peely and flaky, before returning to normal. When it was peeling like mad I swore to myself I wouldn't use it again. BUT....when the dryness went away, the two marks on my forehead were considerably lightened, only about half as noticeable as they had been before! I was really thrilled with this because those marks had been hanging around for months and showed no signs of ever going away. Also a couple of little spots on my forehead had dried up and disappeared, the whole area looked smooth and clear. Now when i want to use this product I make sure to use it alone (I think the mistake I initially made was applying it on top of another acne product), only applying a tiny amount, and moisturising afterwards. Oh, and you have to wear suncreen with this or it'll undo all your good work.

it contain hydroquione so only used it at night.i find it kinda sticky but it does lighten spots.