Kiehl's Lip Balm #1

Kiehl's Lip Balm #1

3.3

PETROLATUM, SQUALANE, LANOLIN, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM OIL, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHEROL, FRAGRANCE, ALLANTOIN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT

on 2/6/2019 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been a long time user of Kiehl's lip balm until recently. That is mostly because there wasn't much to choose from back in the day when Carmex, Chap Stick, Blistex and Vaseline were the primary choices. Among those listed, Kiehl's was an absolute god-send, even though it contains a huge proportion of petrolatum (aka Vaseline). I think the non-petrolatum ingredients--lanolin, squalane, aloe and wheat germ oil--are what helped keep my lips healthy and healed any chapping I had. The petrolatum provided a good barrier against moisture loss. These days, there are many more options to choose from, and in comparison, the Kiehl's seems overpriced for what it does. However, it does have a small amount of sunscreen which is barely better than none at all. Most other lip balms contain no sunscreen, so it is tough to find the right balance of skin nourishing and protecting. I would purchase Kiehl's lip balm again, but I would not go out of my way to seek it out.

This is a petrolatum based lip product that sits on top of lips as a layer to prevent them form getting chapped. I don't like this product and I wouldn't recommend it for the following reasons:

1. It does nothing for ALREADY chapped lips. Vaseline works as a protecting layer but doesn't provide moisture itself. It can protect soft lips from getting chapped but can't heal already chapped lips. The LUSH Whipstick and the Dr Lipp balm (original) work wonders for chapped/dry lips and have natural ingredients (especially the LUSH lip balm) and are not petrolatum based. So for about the same price I can found similar products that are efficient and have better ingredients.

2. I have the mango one which has a nice soft scent and doesn't deliver a tint on the lips (this doesn't bother me, btw). What I don't like is that it leaves a plasticky/chemical taste in my mouth.

All in all, I regret buying this product. As someone who always has problems with severely dry/chapped lips for medical reasons I wouldn't recommend this lip balm but I would definitely recommend any of the other two that I mentioned.

on 11/4/2018 10:38:00 PM

。。。。为啥这么火

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Genuinely impressed by this and surprised at myself for buying another tube when it is very expensive for a such a small amount of product. I found this to have a really lovely texture, it repaired by lips quickly and stayed in place more than other balms I have tried. I love that it doesn't contain fragrance/ camphor or menthol which are in lots of other lip products. I noticed the ingredients are slightly different in the new tube I have just purchased but I am hoping that doesn't affect the efficacy of this.

BEST LIPBALM EVER. Totally overpriced, but I have found that this lipbalm really does heal even the most painful, cold-blasted, wintery-chapped lips... Amazing and I love it

on 3/28/2018 9:43:00 PM

Too expensive for non overnight moisture!

on 3/22/2018 3:31:00 PM

I was wary of this lip balm because, well, it's expensive and the ingredients don't seem like much. But to my happy surprise, my lips are more moisturized than they've ever been! I usually use Carmex all the time, but I've realized I've been going for the Kiehl's instead lately because it makes my lips feel better.

I have been a Carmex user for many many years, but a couple years ago I tried out many lip balms on the market, looking for a better product, and couldn't find any. Baby Lips, eOS, Rosebud, Softlips, Netrogena, Nivea, Blistex, Chapstick -- none of their lip balms worked. They all made my lips very dry.

Recently, I ordered Kiehl's lip balm #1 and have been wearing it for a week and my lips have fewer lines, look plumper, and have more moisture. I'm sold! I wish it was cheaper, but it's a great product.

on 2/1/2018 10:49:00 AM

I recently started using this balm and Im impressed I dont love how glossy it is but I apply very little which works for me, I find I only have to apply ONCE! a day!! This balm leaves my lips smooth and not chapped after what I applied has worn off. I got the mint and Im obsessed
This is definitely now my go to for lip care

on 1/19/2018 2:13:00 PM

Sits pretty, looks like a lip gloss but without being sticky. Aaand that’s pretty much it. Doesn’t hydrate, doesn’t keep the moisture in. In fact, gave me a major allergic reaction, my mouth area looks burnt, all dry and flaky. It’s been more than a week since I stopped using it and proceeded with drug and topical treatment and there’s barely an improvement showing. Some might not experience the same reaction but it’s definitely not for me. Good thing I got it as a gift from Kiehl’s. Love their other products though.

on 12/7/2017 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I actually really like this as a thinner and more wearable version of aquaphor or vaseline. Granted I picked it up at a discount Bloomingdales outlet so I only paid 5 bucks for it. As an aquaphor loyalist, that product is not something i would carry around to smear on my lips during the day because it is so thick and greasy. It's a nighttime only product for me whereas I use this during the day at work.