Kiehl's Lip Balm #1

Kiehl's Lip Balm #1

3.3

PETROLATUM, SQUALANE, LANOLIN, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM OIL, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHEROL, FRAGRANCE, ALLANTOIN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT

on 7/8/2016 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Obsession alert!! The one and only makeup item I cannot live without. Other lip balms I previously used didn't help to retain moisture throughout the day; my lips were dry by the afternoon. But with this, I just have to wear it overnight, and my lips are smooth all day. I'm glad I read about this product in all the beauty mags.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Every day product for me! The one and only makeup item I cannot live without. Other lip balms I previously used didn't help to retain moisture throughout the day; my lips were dry by the afternoon. But with this, I just have to wear it overnight, and my lips are smooth all day. I'm glad I read about this product in all the beauty mags. Especially good for those in winter climates.

To Read all 1086 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an absolute staple for me! The one and only makeup item I cannot live without. Other lip balms I previously used didn't help to retain moisture throughout the day; my lips were dry by the afternoon. But with this, I just have to wear it overnight, and my lips are smooth all day. I'm glad I read about this product in all the beauty mags. Especially good for those in winter climates.

Although somewhat pricey for lip balm, this is simply the best!!!! My favorite lip balm out there. Soothes and moisturizes my lips and absorbs very quick

I am a bit disappointed in this product because of all the hype around it. Don't get me wrong, it does feel good on the lips but a bit of a thin feeling for me, much more prefer Aquaphor, which has a similar consistency but slightly ticker. Kiehl's smells great, I have the cranberry one, but I don't like the packaging, tubes in general. It does moisturise to an extend, but again, nothing special and remembering.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this on the recommendation of a sales associate. The stuff is..let's just say, this just did not work out for me. This gave me virtually no moisturizing aspect (and my lips were not even dry when I had this) and it just felt very messy to apply. This is in a squeeze tube and imo is just a nightmare to apply. I bought this on vacation so I wanted an easy lip balm, not one that was a pain to use. But regardless, I just prefer lip balms that are easy to use. I am willing to 'work with' one if it works really well, but this literally did nothing for me except feel like a wax or a greasy mess on my lips. This is sort of like a Vaseline feel to it, but imho Vaseline works much better for moisturizing and keeping/making the lips soft. And then as the tube got used up, the tube became hard to press to get any product out, and there was over half of the product still left.

One upside to this was I did not detect a scent. But for me, it just felt like I had a heavy layer of Vaseline on my lips, with none of the benefits.

Oh and side-note, not that this has any effect on my review, but the sales associate suggested this to me when I asked for a lip balm with an SPF. I blindly bought this, not reading it. There is no SPF in this. So there is that. If you need a lip balm with an SPF, this will not help you.

As much as I dislike giving one-star/one-lippie reviews, this stuff just..no..not for me...:(

on 5/4/2016 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This has been my HG for years... I keep multiple bottles stashed in various places so that I always have it available.

Here is the thing with lip balm - it is such a matter of personal preference. I love this stuff, and I use it all day, every day... and there are other hugely popular lip balms out there that just aren't for me. That being said, I will try to be very specific about the reasons I like this lip balm in particular...

1) I live in a ridiculously dry-ass climate, where everybody (and I do mean EVERYBODY) uses or carries with them something for their lips. It it a necessity. It's just the deal here.

2) I prefer balms that probably most-resemble the texture of something like Vaseline (I use it for comparison, b/c it seems like something familiar to everyone) or Smith's Rose lip balm.

3) That being said - I obviously think that Kiehl's lip balm is such a better option than both products I just mentioned. It just most-resembles them when compared to other things like ChapStick, or Carmex, or Blistex, or whatever.

4) It is scentless, flavorless, colorless - which means I've also been known to put it on random dry patches that pop up somewhere on my face - works great. When applied, it is the perfect amount of "thickness" that doesn't immediately disappear, but also doesn't get melty/goopy. It stays where it is supposed to without immediately disappearing.

5) It works well regardless of where my lips are at: they can be super-chapped, or just business as usual - works equally well on both.

6) I use a thin coat of it before applying any lip liner, lipstick, or lip gloss. It keeps my lips moisturized without getting in the way of a smooth application of the other stuff.

So, to each their own - but, if you tend to like the same general qualities in a lip balm as I do ... then get yourself some of this, b/c it is amazing.

I have never tried any other Kiehl's lip products, but this one is amazing! At first I thought it looked weird: yellow colour and a slippery oily feel.
However it does magic to your lips, that's for sure. I had very chapped and uber dry lips this winter, so whenever I used this balm overnight - my lips would feel and look way better right next morning.

I don't think this is a balm to use underneath your make-up, but as a mask or treatment it works brilliantly. Highly recommend.

For more Kiehl's reviews check out the link below, hope it helps!

on 2/24/2016 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Would not repurchase it.
This one does nothing of moisturizing the lips.

on 1/26/2016 9:51:00 PM

I carry the small jar with me at all times, but I benefit from it mostly as an overnight treatment. I wake up to soft, supple lips which are ready for lipstick application - - including matte formula. Love this product. Love Kiehl's!