Kiehl's Lip Balm #1

Kiehl's Lip Balm #1

3.3

PETROLATUM, SQUALANE, LANOLIN, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM OIL, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHEROL, FRAGRANCE, ALLANTOIN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT

on 7/1/2017 10:39:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I never stay committed to any of my lip balms ever because I've noticed that none of them really worked. This is the best lip balm I have ever used. Yes, the packaging is somewhat unhygienic and hard to apply with, but I get off by using cotton swabs or my clean finger to swipe all over my lips. It is tasteless and may come off as greasy so I don't really use it so much when I leave the house. I apply a tad bit thicker amount at night to have a longer lasting moisturized lips.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a completely useless, barely functioning petroleum in an equally useless tube with no applicator, which poses a sanitary issue when on the go. It barely moisturizes while mostly sitting on top of the lips instead of being absorbed. It is a thin consistency and did not irritate my lips in any way, but certainly didn't do anything useful.

on 11/10/2016 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been using a number of products from Kiehl's for years but I have never cared one bit for this lip balm. At the stores, I have received this tube several times as gift with purchase over the years and I gave it a few tries. Always with the same result: To me, this is literally glorified vaseline since I find it is greasy, heavy, messy. Worst of all, it just sits on my lips and doesn't moisturize. In my experience, any simple chapstick is better than this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is $8 or $9 on fleabay ($25 for a trio of cranberry/mango/original), I got Pear too I love all of the flavors. I'm normally sensitive to Lanolin but this lipbalm has my lips feeling good! Do i dare say I enjoy it so much it is an addictive behavior (I'm a recovering addict), this is something I don't have to feel guilty about. My HG is MAC lip conditioner I have 2 more on order in fact but I am a lipbalm fiend! I love it I'm addicted I can never get enough lol this is scentless, tastes like nothing I actually like that coz I always get flavored lipbalms. Cute packaging on the trio's (I also just have a regular kiehls #1 packaging). This feels slick not sticky I just love it. #alsomynewobsession

on 2/8/2017 5:13:00 AM

I bought this as a lip mask sort of thing for nighttime. First I apply a lip oil, then I top it with a salve, to lock the oil in, so my lips stay nourished for the whole night, just wipe it all off in the morning, and my lips are dreamy soft. This lip balm is the best salve I have used so far! Does not dry on the lips, it is a heavier consistency, which is great if the air is a bit dry due to heating. My only issue is the packaging, I don't really like to use my fingers to apply lip products, and the applicator isn't exactly fit for straight from the tube application. Overall great product, I would buy again!

on 3/3/2017 2:40:00 AM

I have a severe burn on my lips please I encourage all users to stop using!! At first use it was good it made my lips soft and then after my lips began to burn my lips are severely burned nothing I do removes the sting .Its been several days (6) and and my lips are unbearably painful.Please don't use . Lesson learned.

I agree with the folks who say to save your money and buy some aquaphor. This is basically the same thing, but not as good. I've gotten a couple of free tubes of this and I'll use it if nothing else is at hand, but can't make myself finish the entire tube.

Annoyances: the tube doesn't have an applicator tip - kind of a pain as it's a straight up lip product; applicator tip would be more convenient and hygienic. Comes out a kind of yellow - why? What's in it that it should have a tint? Has random little hard bits in it - like microbeads. Thought it was just a particular tube, but no, my other tube also has that. I don't like rubbing teeny plasticky bits off my lips. This is just way too expensive for what it is.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Every day product for me! The one and only makeup item I cannot live without. Other lip balms I previously used didn't help to retain moisture throughout the day; my lips were dry by the afternoon. But with this, I just have to wear it overnight, and my lips are smooth all day. I'm glad I read about this product in all the beauty mags. Especially good for those in winter climates.

on 7/8/2016 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Obsession alert!! The one and only makeup item I cannot live without. Other lip balms I previously used didn't help to retain moisture throughout the day; my lips were dry by the afternoon. But with this, I just have to wear it overnight, and my lips are smooth all day. I'm glad I read about this product in all the beauty mags.

on 11/5/2016 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Rubbish. This balm is very sticky and greasy and may therefore give the feeling that it nourishes/moisturizes. But it does not. Not for me at least. I wear it overnight for some time now (during the day it is just too fatty) but I do not notice any improvement.