Kiehl's Lip Balm #1

Kiehl's Lip Balm #1

3.3

PETROLATUM, SQUALANE, LANOLIN, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM OIL, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHEROL, FRAGRANCE, ALLANTOIN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT

on 2/8/2017 5:13:00 AM

I bought this as a lip mask sort of thing for nighttime. First I apply a lip oil, then I top it with a salve, to lock the oil in, so my lips stay nourished for the whole night, just wipe it all off in the morning, and my lips are dreamy soft. This lip balm is the best salve I have used so far! Does not dry on the lips, it is a heavier consistency, which is great if the air is a bit dry due to heating. My only issue is the packaging, I don't really like to use my fingers to apply lip products, and the applicator isn't exactly fit for straight from the tube application. Overall great product, I would buy again!

on 11/10/2016 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been using a number of products from Kiehl's for years but I have never cared one bit for this lip balm. At the stores, I have received this tube several times as gift with purchase over the years and I gave it a few tries. Always with the same result: To me, this is literally glorified vaseline since I find it is greasy, heavy, messy. Worst of all, it just sits on my lips and doesn't moisturize. In my experience, any simple chapstick is better than this.

I agree with the folks who say to save your money and buy some aquaphor. This is basically the same thing, but not as good. I've gotten a couple of free tubes of this and I'll use it if nothing else is at hand, but can't make myself finish the entire tube.

Annoyances: the tube doesn't have an applicator tip - kind of a pain as it's a straight up lip product; applicator tip would be more convenient and hygienic. Comes out a kind of yellow - why? What's in it that it should have a tint? Has random little hard bits in it - like microbeads. Thought it was just a particular tube, but no, my other tube also has that. I don't like rubbing teeny plasticky bits off my lips. This is just way too expensive for what it is.

on 11/5/2016 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Rubbish. This balm is very sticky and greasy and may therefore give the feeling that it nourishes/moisturizes. But it does not. Not for me at least. I wear it overnight for some time now (during the day it is just too fatty) but I do not notice any improvement.

on 7/8/2016 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Obsession alert!! The one and only makeup item I cannot live without. Other lip balms I previously used didn't help to retain moisture throughout the day; my lips were dry by the afternoon. But with this, I just have to wear it overnight, and my lips are smooth all day. I'm glad I read about this product in all the beauty mags.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Every day product for me! The one and only makeup item I cannot live without. Other lip balms I previously used didn't help to retain moisture throughout the day; my lips were dry by the afternoon. But with this, I just have to wear it overnight, and my lips are smooth all day. I'm glad I read about this product in all the beauty mags. Especially good for those in winter climates.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an absolute staple for me! The one and only makeup item I cannot live without. Other lip balms I previously used didn't help to retain moisture throughout the day; my lips were dry by the afternoon. But with this, I just have to wear it overnight, and my lips are smooth all day. I'm glad I read about this product in all the beauty mags. Especially good for those in winter climates.

Although somewhat pricey for lip balm, this is simply the best!!!! My favorite lip balm out there. Soothes and moisturizes my lips and absorbs very quick

I am a bit disappointed in this product because of all the hype around it. Don't get me wrong, it does feel good on the lips but a bit of a thin feeling for me, much more prefer Aquaphor, which has a similar consistency but slightly ticker. Kiehl's smells great, I have the cranberry one, but I don't like the packaging, tubes in general. It does moisturise to an extend, but again, nothing special and remembering.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this on the recommendation of a sales associate. The stuff is..let's just say, this just did not work out for me. This gave me virtually no moisturizing aspect (and my lips were not even dry when I had this) and it just felt very messy to apply. This is in a squeeze tube and imo is just a nightmare to apply. I bought this on vacation so I wanted an easy lip balm, not one that was a pain to use. But regardless, I just prefer lip balms that are easy to use. I am willing to 'work with' one if it works really well, but this literally did nothing for me except feel like a wax or a greasy mess on my lips. This is sort of like a Vaseline feel to it, but imho Vaseline works much better for moisturizing and keeping/making the lips soft. And then as the tube got used up, the tube became hard to press to get any product out, and there was over half of the product still left.

One upside to this was I did not detect a scent. But for me, it just felt like I had a heavy layer of Vaseline on my lips, with none of the benefits.

Oh and side-note, not that this has any effect on my review, but the sales associate suggested this to me when I asked for a lip balm with an SPF. I blindly bought this, not reading it. There is no SPF in this. So there is that. If you need a lip balm with an SPF, this will not help you.

As much as I dislike giving one-star/one-lippie reviews, this stuff just..no..not for me...:(