LUSH Imperialis

LUSH Imperialis

3.2

Lavender Flower Infusion (Lavandula angustifolia) , Mullein Leaf Infusion (Verbascum thapsus) , Orange Blossom Water (Citrus dulcis) , Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , Stearic Acid , Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Glycerine , Cetearyl Alcohol , Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Aurantium amara) , Tiger Lily Extract (Lilium Tigrinum) , St. Johns Wort Extract (Hypericum perforatum) , Elderflower Extract (Sambucus nigra) , Sweet Violet Extract (Viola odorata) , Sunflower Petal Extract (Helianthus annuus) , Alkanet Extract (Alkanna tinctoria) , Triethanolamine , Methylparaben , Fragrance , Propylparaben .

on 7/18/2017 1:25:00 AM

I don't get it. I have quite a few acquaintances who love Lush products. However, apart from the nice fragrances and cute packaging, and their "eco-friendly" motto, the products just do not work for me! I tried this moisturizer for a week and it was not moisturizing at all. It also took some time to be absorbed and was never fully absorbed so left me greasy after an hour.

Personally I love the idea of an ingredients list that I dont' have to look up. However, if the product doesn't work for what it's intended for then none of that matters. Also this plastic jar packaging is a huge turn off being that the prices aren't sooo cheap that they should resort to it. Yes there is a recycling program but I just wish we'd move away from plastic sooner than later.

I love this product so much!! lush is such an amazing company!

on 7/17/2017 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this, used it for a while, thought it was breaking me out, stopped, put it away and forgot about it, found it again and used it for 3 months straight. I even went out and purchased another. It doesn't break me out, but I'm starting to realize that it's just irritating, in general. My face is redder than normal when I use this. When I use something else, like a sample, for a few days, my skin gets slightly better. When I go back to this, it goes right back to being irritated. I think I just really wanted this to work and didn't want to believe that it was irritating my skin because I love LUSH. I've tried all the other moisturizers and this was my last hope. I also HATE the jar it comes in. No matter what I do, it gets gunked up around the sides and I'm always wiping off and wasting product. I also hate dipping my fingers into a jar, even if they're clean. It just seems unsanitary. I guess I'll just stick with their body and hair care from now on.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I started breaking out after using for 2 days. Only then I decided to grow some brains and checked the ingredients list. Voila. Parabens. :(

on 3/1/2017 1:35:00 AM

In the beginning, I really thought I had found a great moisturizer. Considering my bad experience with Cosmetic Lad and not wanting to drop $50 on a moisturizer (here's looking at you Vanishing Cream) - I thought this was my savior.

It's very thick and creamy, and I forget when exactly I got it but when I started using Imperialis my skin adjusted to it fairly well. Over time, though, I noticed that it would take longer and longer to soak into my skin. It wasn't until just recently that when I put it on, it didn't soak in and I actually woke up and felt like I still had it on my face.

Also, the smell is really strong. Here's looking to finding that perfect moisturizer.

This is my go-to moisturizer. It makes my skin feel moisturized and dewy. It's great for combo skin type. I have oily skin but I am on a dermatology medication and it makes my skin dry. So I try to moisturize with this at least once a day after washing my face and before going to bed, but twice a day is better. I love how it makes my skin feel.

on 2/2/2017 11:07:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I purchased this moisturizer to use as my day time moisturizer. I use celestial at night, but I found it was too heavy to wear during the day since I wear makeup all day and celestial is too heavy to wear under that.

I really like it, it works well and doesn't exactly what I wanted. It doesn't really have a smell to it, which I like since I don't want anything flowery smelling on my face during the day. The container doesn't seem like it's very large for the price they charge but it lasts for a LONG, LONG time. I bought a container in July 2016 and I just bought another one of this a couple days ago, and even then I still had a bit left in the bottom I transferred to the new container. You don't really need a lot of this product for it to do its job. I think that if you do put too much on it might get too oily/greasy on your face. On days where I am working from home and I don't have to put make up I have noticed my face is clearer and brighter than it used to be. That could be due to an overall change in my skin care routine but this is definitely a part of it and I like it. I repurchased it - it isn't like a WOW OMG THIS IS THE BEST THING I'VE EVER PURCHASED KIND OF THING but I really like it and it works for my skin. Since I have sensitive skin if I find something that works and doesn't cause it to burn, dry out, become incredibly itchy or otherwise ruin my face for a couple weeks then I consider it a win for me and I'll keep purchasing it.

Overall - definitely a great face moisturizer and will help to brighten the overall look of your skin. It's among the cheaper of the LUSH moisturizers but I don't feel that makes it any less of a product. It's $25.95CAD and it will last about 6 months for an entire container so it's a great value and like all LUSH products a little goes a long way. Hopefully it works just as well for you as it does for me.

on 12/7/2016 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Kind of a 'meh' moisturiser for me. I have oily skin but I purchased this moisturiser as sometimes my face can get dry after washing it or taking my makeup off. I bought this on a whim as Lush was out of Vanishing Cream which I had a sample of and loved, and I feel like I should have just waited for it to be restocked. This moisturiser doesn't do much for me, feels a bit greasy on the skin after a few minutes, and I'm not a huge fan of the smell either.

on 5/8/2016 11:02:00 PM

Imperialis has transformed my normal skin. This mosturizer is non greasy and a small amount goes a long way. Using this 2x a day along with Lush's Aqua marine face wash and rose water toner. My skin is so fresh and clear. Kiehls discontinued my moisturizer and I tried a $12 product from Sephora, which destroyed my skin ( breakouts, dryness and redness) Two days with Lush turned my skin healthy again and it remains in the best condition it's been in years.

I have normal, acne prone and sensitive skin and this broke me out in areas where I don't normally get acne, making my skin sensitive and itchy. Don't think I'll be trying any more of lush's moisturisers as all the ones I've tried so far have broken me out.