LUSH Imperialis

LUSH Imperialis

3.2

: Lavender Infusion (Lavendula hybrida), Mullein Leaf Infusion (Verbascum thapsus), Orange Blossom Water (Citrus dulcis), Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Stearic Acid, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Glycerine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus dulcis), Tiger Lily Extract (Lilium candidum), St. Johns Wort Extract (Hypericum perforatum), Elderflower Extract (Sambucus nigra), Sweet Violet Extract (Viola odorata), Sunflower Petal Extract (Helianthus annuus), Alkanett Extract (Alkanna tinctoria), Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,

on 5/8/2016 11:02:00 PM

Imperialis has transformed my normal skin. This mosturizer is non greasy and a small amount goes a long way. Using this 2x a day along with Lush's Aqua marine face wash and rose water toner. My skin is so fresh and clear. Kiehls discontinued my moisturizer and I tried a $12 product from Sephora, which destroyed my skin ( breakouts, dryness and redness) Two days with Lush turned my skin healthy again and it remains in the best condition it's been in years.

on 4/29/2016 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Out of the moisturizers I've tried from Lush, this is probably my least favourite. I was recommended this when I was running out of my pot of Enzymion, and I wanted something a little bit more moisturizing than the super light weight Enzymion. I don't have any major complaints about it, really, but I also don't have anything I want to rave about. I know some people have experienced breakouts due to it, but I don't think it made me break out. The reason I say that I don't think it did is that I'm never completely free of breakouts, so it's hard to know if a product breaks me out unless it makes a massive difference. I think one of the main selling points is that it works well for combo skin, as it won't make your t-zone greasy, yet adds enough moisture to the rest of the face. On the other hand, Lush's Vanishing Cream does the same thing for me, only better. Plus, Imperialis has coconut oil (which can clog your pores) while Vanishing cream doesn't.

It wasn't a regret purchase by any means, but I wouldn't re-purchase it.

To Read all 161 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/26/2016 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Not moisturazing enough for my normal acne-prone skin. It should work fine for oily skin but i dont recommend.

on 4/14/2016 12:59:00 PM

This is my first time trying a moisturizer from Lush and I totally love it! I bought it to mix in with their Color Supplement - which I also loved!

It's very light, and somewhat liquid as other reviews say but it smells and looks amazing. I have combo skin, oily and dry but not overly acne prone. I feel like this moisturizer definitely balanced out my skin and it really does not make my skin break out at all - though my skin is not sensitive and I am not usually acne prone. I use it during the day with the color supplement foundation and also at night if my skin feels dry.

When you put it on it's amazingly light, yet it feels moisturizing and very relaxing. 'Relaxing' is not usually a word I would think of to describe a facial moisturizer but it really is! It's as though I can feel it soothing and healing my skin for the first few minutes after I rub it on. The pot is large, and because you don't have to use much it should last me a good two months if not longer.

on 3/25/2016 9:35:00 PM

Not a fan at all. Was told this would be good at balancing my skin since I have combo skin. I used this for a good 2 weeks (at night as I was using Enzymion which I love in the morning) and felt like this wasn't moisturizing enough for my skin. My skin still felt dry and I didn't want to put on more cause then I'll be wasting this product since it's so expensive. This was returned.

on 11/2/2015 7:56:00 PM

I have very dry but acne-prone skin. I went out on a limb this summer and tried moisturizer with oil in it for the first time - Lush's "Skin Drink". No breakouts.

Inspired, and wanting to try more Lush, I tried Imperialis. The first time I put it on, I loved it. I still really love the way it makes my skin feel. It's super lightweight, absorbs very quickly, and smells great (in my opinion).

However, I've never had a product so definitively break me out: I used it for a few days, started breaking out, stopped for a week, cleared up, then repeated the cycle just to make sure it was my beloved lotion...and it was :(

Unsure of which ingredient triggered this, as I do have finicky skin that becomes irritated by an array things.

I really like this cream a lot. It's very moisturizing without being clogging. Unfortunately, I don't think that this will be my HG cream.
It's hard to explain, but I'm going for the healthiest creams for my skin, and while this cream was very gentle and nice, the one from 100% Pure might be better for me.
But this is definitely on my top list.

on 11/15/2014 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This broke me out so bad just like the LUSH Celestial moist.
It felt light for me because my skin just absorbed it so quick.
But, I broke out after 3 days of using it just in the day time.. This is literally the only thing I have changed in my skincare regimen so this is the culprit for sure.
I LOVE the Gorgeous moisturizer, doesn't break me out, light and awesome under makeup but it's just so expensive... I guess I will have to just use that $80-90 on it because nothing can come close to it...

on 10/17/2014 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was recommended because of my red, sensitive skin. It did help with the redness and the fragrance wasn't too bad to me, but it was just too heavy. I could feel it on my skin for quite awhile after applying and it made me even oilier than normal...had to return it.

on 7/26/2014 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I strongly despise this moisturizer. Well, on my own skin. I haven't broken out this badly in 2 years! I had much clearer skin before this. A lady at the LUSH store recommended me imperialis and said it was great for combo skin. It definitely did not suit my skin's taste. It has a light.. But awfully weird scent to it, it also leaves your face sort of sticky after rubbing it in. It made me look greasy and it's just ugh. I'm not too fond of the packaging either, would've been more convenient if it was in a little pump container so I wouldn't have to dip my fingers in it. I would not purchase again. But I do enjoy LUSH's Angels on Bareskin cleanser.