LUSH Imperialis

LUSH Imperialis

3.2

Lavender Flower Infusion (Lavandula angustifolia) , Mullein Leaf Infusion (Verbascum thapsus) , Orange Blossom Water (Citrus dulcis) , Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , Stearic Acid , Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Glycerine , Cetearyl Alcohol , Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Aurantium amara) , Tiger Lily Extract (Lilium Tigrinum) , St. Johns Wort Extract (Hypericum perforatum) , Elderflower Extract (Sambucus nigra) , Sweet Violet Extract (Viola odorata) , Sunflower Petal Extract (Helianthus annuus) , Alkanet Extract (Alkanna tinctoria) , Triethanolamine , Methylparaben , Fragrance , Propylparaben .

on 11/15/2017 7:56:00 PM

Lush products are incredibly expensive here in Singapore, it would cost me SGD$54 for the Imperialis, so I got a friend to buy it for me at australia. This is my second repurchase of this item because for some reason almost every lush item that I purchase works wonders to my skin.

It is hydrating for me and I didn’t break out from the ingredients from it. I actually like the smooth feeling on my skin after it’s absorbed. It doesn’t smell super great , very herb-y just to warn you so don’t get this is you cannot accept it. I think that it dries too quick and it’s a little difficult to apply if you are somebody who like to rub products into ur face. Tapping it onto ur skin is perhaps better in this case.

Overall I’ll repurchase again if I have the budget because I’ve tried many moisturizers and this is the only product that I will always empty.

This one doesn’t do anything for me at all. Doesn’t irritate my skin or anything, but also doesn’t really moisturize..it just sorta absorbs and my skin feels the same as before I even applied it. Smells good, lightweight, good for under makeup because it doesn’t leave any residue on skin.

on 7/18/2017 1:25:00 AM

I don't get it. I have quite a few acquaintances who love Lush products. However, apart from the nice fragrances and cute packaging, and their "eco-friendly" motto, the products just do not work for me! I tried this moisturizer for a week and it was not moisturizing at all. It also took some time to be absorbed and was never fully absorbed so left me greasy after an hour.

Personally I love the idea of an ingredients list that I dont' have to look up. However, if the product doesn't work for what it's intended for then none of that matters. Also this plastic jar packaging is a huge turn off being that the prices aren't sooo cheap that they should resort to it. Yes there is a recycling program but I just wish we'd move away from plastic sooner than later.

on 11/11/2017 5:30:00 AM

Very expensive moisturiser and it doesn't do anything. It doesn't moisturise and it just leaves your face like a glue for make up. Awful.

I love this product so much!! lush is such an amazing company!

on 11/7/2017 7:52:00 AM

Doesn't absorb at all, I'm using it around 9AM after cleansing my face and toning it with a toner from Lush (which breaks me out too, but that's another story), and around 4PM it's finally absorbed, leaving behind just a greasy feeling on my face. Causes breakouts.

Smells good and a little goes a long way, but I'm not sure if you should be happy with it lasting for such a long time when all it does is make your face greasy and give you more breakouts than a 15 year old girl who just started puberty. I regret having spent so much money on this moisturiser, I'm a student so money is tight.

on 7/17/2017 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this, used it for a while, thought it was breaking me out, stopped, put it away and forgot about it, found it again and used it for 3 months straight. I even went out and purchased another. It doesn't break me out, but I'm starting to realize that it's just irritating, in general. My face is redder than normal when I use this. When I use something else, like a sample, for a few days, my skin gets slightly better. When I go back to this, it goes right back to being irritated. I think I just really wanted this to work and didn't want to believe that it was irritating my skin because I love LUSH. I've tried all the other moisturizers and this was my last hope. I also HATE the jar it comes in. No matter what I do, it gets gunked up around the sides and I'm always wiping off and wasting product. I also hate dipping my fingers into a jar, even if they're clean. It just seems unsanitary. I guess I'll just stick with their body and hair care from now on.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I started breaking out after using for 2 days. Only then I decided to grow some brains and checked the ingredients list. Voila. Parabens. :(

on 3/1/2017 1:35:00 AM

In the beginning, I really thought I had found a great moisturizer. Considering my bad experience with Cosmetic Lad and not wanting to drop $50 on a moisturizer (here's looking at you Vanishing Cream) - I thought this was my savior.

It's very thick and creamy, and I forget when exactly I got it but when I started using Imperialis my skin adjusted to it fairly well. Over time, though, I noticed that it would take longer and longer to soak into my skin. It wasn't until just recently that when I put it on, it didn't soak in and I actually woke up and felt like I still had it on my face.

Also, the smell is really strong. Here's looking to finding that perfect moisturizer.

This is my go-to moisturizer. It makes my skin feel moisturized and dewy. It's great for combo skin type. I have oily skin but I am on a dermatology medication and it makes my skin dry. So I try to moisturize with this at least once a day after washing my face and before going to bed, but twice a day is better. I love how it makes my skin feel.