LUSH Imperialis

LUSH Imperialis

3.2

Lavender Flower Infusion (Lavandula angustifolia) , Mullein Leaf Infusion (Verbascum thapsus) , Orange Blossom Water (Citrus dulcis) , Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , Stearic Acid , Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Glycerine , Cetearyl Alcohol , Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Aurantium amara) , Tiger Lily Extract (Lilium Tigrinum) , St. Johns Wort Extract (Hypericum perforatum) , Elderflower Extract (Sambucus nigra) , Sweet Violet Extract (Viola odorata) , Sunflower Petal Extract (Helianthus annuus) , Alkanet Extract (Alkanna tinctoria) , Triethanolamine , Methylparaben , Fragrance , Propylparaben .

This is my go-to moisturizer. It makes my skin feel moisturized and dewy. It's great for combo skin type. I have oily skin but I am on a dermatology medication and it makes my skin dry. So I try to moisturize with this at least once a day after washing my face and before going to bed, but twice a day is better. I love how it makes my skin feel.

on 3/1/2017 1:35:00 AM

In the beginning, I really thought I had found a great moisturizer. Considering my bad experience with Cosmetic Lad and not wanting to drop $50 on a moisturizer (here's looking at you Vanishing Cream) - I thought this was my savior.

It's very thick and creamy, and I forget when exactly I got it but when I started using Imperialis my skin adjusted to it fairly well. Over time, though, I noticed that it would take longer and longer to soak into my skin. It wasn't until just recently that when I put it on, it didn't soak in and I actually woke up and felt like I still had it on my face.

Also, the smell is really strong. Here's looking to finding that perfect moisturizer.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I started breaking out after using for 2 days. Only then I decided to grow some brains and checked the ingredients list. Voila. Parabens. :(

on 2/2/2017 11:07:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I purchased this moisturizer to use as my day time moisturizer. I use celestial at night, but I found it was too heavy to wear during the day since I wear makeup all day and celestial is too heavy to wear under that.

I really like it, it works well and doesn't exactly what I wanted. It doesn't really have a smell to it, which I like since I don't want anything flowery smelling on my face during the day. The container doesn't seem like it's very large for the price they charge but it lasts for a LONG, LONG time. I bought a container in July 2016 and I just bought another one of this a couple days ago, and even then I still had a bit left in the bottom I transferred to the new container. You don't really need a lot of this product for it to do its job. I think that if you do put too much on it might get too oily/greasy on your face. On days where I am working from home and I don't have to put make up I have noticed my face is clearer and brighter than it used to be. That could be due to an overall change in my skin care routine but this is definitely a part of it and I like it. I repurchased it - it isn't like a WOW OMG THIS IS THE BEST THING I'VE EVER PURCHASED KIND OF THING but I really like it and it works for my skin. Since I have sensitive skin if I find something that works and doesn't cause it to burn, dry out, become incredibly itchy or otherwise ruin my face for a couple weeks then I consider it a win for me and I'll keep purchasing it.

Overall - definitely a great face moisturizer and will help to brighten the overall look of your skin. It's among the cheaper of the LUSH moisturizers but I don't feel that makes it any less of a product. It's $25.95CAD and it will last about 6 months for an entire container so it's a great value and like all LUSH products a little goes a long way. Hopefully it works just as well for you as it does for me.

on 12/7/2016 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Kind of a 'meh' moisturiser for me. I have oily skin but I purchased this moisturiser as sometimes my face can get dry after washing it or taking my makeup off. I bought this on a whim as Lush was out of Vanishing Cream which I had a sample of and loved, and I feel like I should have just waited for it to be restocked. This moisturiser doesn't do much for me, feels a bit greasy on the skin after a few minutes, and I'm not a huge fan of the smell either.

I have normal, acne prone and sensitive skin and this broke me out in areas where I don't normally get acne, making my skin sensitive and itchy. Don't think I'll be trying any more of lush's moisturisers as all the ones I've tried so far have broken me out.

on 5/8/2016 11:02:00 PM

Imperialis has transformed my normal skin. This mosturizer is non greasy and a small amount goes a long way. Using this 2x a day along with Lush's Aqua marine face wash and rose water toner. My skin is so fresh and clear. Kiehls discontinued my moisturizer and I tried a $12 product from Sephora, which destroyed my skin ( breakouts, dryness and redness) Two days with Lush turned my skin healthy again and it remains in the best condition it's been in years.

on 4/29/2016 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Out of the moisturizers I've tried from Lush, this is probably my least favourite. I was recommended this when I was running out of my pot of Enzymion, and I wanted something a little bit more moisturizing than the super light weight Enzymion. I don't have any major complaints about it, really, but I also don't have anything I want to rave about. I know some people have experienced breakouts due to it, but I don't think it made me break out. The reason I say that I don't think it did is that I'm never completely free of breakouts, so it's hard to know if a product breaks me out unless it makes a massive difference. I think one of the main selling points is that it works well for combo skin, as it won't make your t-zone greasy, yet adds enough moisture to the rest of the face. On the other hand, Lush's Vanishing Cream does the same thing for me, only better. Plus, Imperialis has coconut oil (which can clog your pores) while Vanishing cream doesn't.

It wasn't a regret purchase by any means, but I wouldn't re-purchase it.

on 4/26/2016 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Not moisturazing enough for my normal acne-prone skin. It should work fine for oily skin but i dont recommend.

on 4/14/2016 12:59:00 PM

This is my first time trying a moisturizer from Lush and I totally love it! I bought it to mix in with their Color Supplement - which I also loved!

It's very light, and somewhat liquid as other reviews say but it smells and looks amazing. I have combo skin, oily and dry but not overly acne prone. I feel like this moisturizer definitely balanced out my skin and it really does not make my skin break out at all - though my skin is not sensitive and I am not usually acne prone. I use it during the day with the color supplement foundation and also at night if my skin feels dry.

When you put it on it's amazingly light, yet it feels moisturizing and very relaxing. 'Relaxing' is not usually a word I would think of to describe a facial moisturizer but it really is! It's as though I can feel it soothing and healing my skin for the first few minutes after I rub it on. The pot is large, and because you don't have to use much it should last me a good two months if not longer.