3.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

To me this stuff smells just like hot jasmine tea! So right off the bat when opening the jar I got a positive vibe from this product. It feels like a very light moisturizer to me (I have normal to dry skin, sometimes acne prone) but is quite soothing. Doesn’t feel like it’ll do much but when I wake up in the morning my skin is dewy and glowy!

About reviewer (271 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

2 years ago

Really surprised by some of the reviews on this. I love love love this moisturizer. I have acne prone skin so i wanted something that didn’t feel heavy or greasy. It sinks right in and always makes me look glowy. Also primed for makeup well too. Absolutely my favorite moisturizer ever.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

Lush products are incredibly expensive here in Singapore, it would cost me SGD$54 for the Imperialis, so I got a friend to buy it for me at australia. This is my second repurchase of this item because for some reason almost every lush item that I purchase works wonders to my skin. It is hydrating for me and I didn’t break out from the ingredients from it. I actually like the smooth feeling on my skin after it’s absorbed. It doesn’t smell super great , very herb-y just to warn you so don’t get this is you cannot accept it. I think that it dries too quick and it’s a little difficult to apply if you are somebody who like to rub products into ur face. Tapping it onto ur skin is perhaps better in this case. Overall I’ll repurchase again if I have the budget because I’ve tried many moisturizers and this is the only product that I will always empty.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

2.0

2 years ago

This one doesn’t do anything for me at all. Doesn’t irritate my skin or anything, but also doesn’t really moisturize..it just sorta absorbs and my skin feels the same as before I even applied it. Smells good, lightweight, good for under makeup because it doesn’t leave any residue on skin.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair

1.0

2 years ago

Very expensive moisturiser and it doesn't do anything. It doesn't moisturise and it just leaves your face like a glue for make up. Awful.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

1.0

2 years ago

Doesn't absorb at all, I'm using it around 9AM after cleansing my face and toning it with a toner from Lush (which breaks me out too, but that's another story), and around 4PM it's finally absorbed, leaving behind just a greasy feeling on my face. Causes breakouts. Smells good and a little goes a long way, but I'm not sure if you should be happy with it lasting for such a long time when all it does is make your face greasy and give you more breakouts than a 15 year old girl who just started puberty. I regret having spent so much money on this moisturiser, I'm a student so money is tight.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairRed

2.0
from

3 years ago

I don't get it. I have quite a few acquaintances who love Lush products. However, apart from the nice fragrances and cute packaging, and their "eco-friendly" motto, the products just do not work for me! I tried this moisturizer for a week and it was not moisturizing at all. It also took some time to be absorbed and was never fully absorbed so left me greasy after an hour. Personally I love the idea of an ingredients list that I dont' have to look up. However, if the product doesn't work for what it's intended for then none of that matters. Also this plastic jar packaging is a huge turn off being that the prices aren't sooo cheap that they should resort to it. Yes there is a recycling program but I just wish we'd move away from plastic sooner than later.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3 years ago

I love this product so much!! lush is such an amazing company!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairRed

EyesBlue

3.0
from

3 years ago

I bought this, used it for a while, thought it was breaking me out, stopped, put it away and forgot about it, found it again and used it for 3 months straight. I even went out and purchased another. It doesn't break me out, but I'm starting to realize that it's just irritating, in general. My face is redder than normal when I use this. When I use something else, like a sample, for a few days, my skin gets slightly better. When I go back to this, it goes right back to being irritated. I think I just really wanted this to work and didn't want to believe that it was irritating my skin because I love LUSH. I've tried all the other moisturizers and this was my last hope. I also HATE the jar it comes in. No matter what I do, it gets gunked up around the sides and I'm always wiping off and wasting product. I also hate dipping my fingers into a jar, even if they're clean. It just seems unsanitary. I guess I'll just stick with their body and hair care from now on.

About reviewer (486 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

3 years ago

This is my go-to moisturizer. It makes my skin feel moisturized and dewy. It's great for combo skin type. I have oily skin but I am on a dermatology medication and it makes my skin dry. So I try to moisturize with this at least once a day after washing my face and before going to bed, but twice a day is better. I love how it makes my skin feel.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure