New York Color Alisa

No Image

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great medium pink, I have pigmented pink dark pink lips and dark tan skin, and this is a lovely nude with a lot of soft shine. I like the click pen applicator, but it seems to give me too much sometimes and wastes the product, even though it's less than $4 at walmart, it's a pain having to find tissue to wipe off before I replace the cap. Cap is tight fitting and no worries about it popping off in purse or pocket. I'll be trying other colors too!

on 7/18/2005 7:34:00 PM

I picked this up because it was cheap (Less than $5) and looked like a pretty color, plus, this is the name of one of my best friends. The packaging is like YSL's Touche Eclat in a lipstick format. You click it around like a pen to dispense the color. Alisa is a beigey peachy pink but after a few seconds becomes clear on my lips. It's really not long-lasting and has a plasticy smell upon initial application, but the smell stops after a few minutes. I doubt I will get this again even though it's fun to apply.

on 7/18/2005 1:22:00 PM

Holy smokes--"Alisa" is the exact color of my lips. I put this on and I get instant MLBB--slightly deeper and much glossier. (That is, this is a medium rosy color with maybe a hint of mauve and brown to make it more neutral, but mostly, it's a medium lip color). No shimmer. No scent or taste, which is awesome for a DG lippie. Cheap, though you don't get a ton of product for your 4 bucks. Would definitely repurchase.

ETA: This is a slightly lighter version of Chanel Glossimer in "Giggle". continued >>

on 6/2/2005 6:51:00 PM

Holy Grail color! My lips are naturally very pale, so I'm dying to find a good but cheap product to give me that juicy YLBB look. I hate the concept of click pens, it wastes so much product, but for lipstick like this under $4, it's worth it.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a nude-ish color with a touch of pink. Very pretty on the lips! Lots of shine! I love the Stila knock off packaging with the click pen. It is very easy to use. However, it wears more like a gloss than a liquid lipstick. No weird scent or taste. I will repurchase in additional colors as well as in this one since it is so basic.