Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher
Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin RefinisherIdealist Pore Minimizing Skin RefinisherIdealist Pore Minimizing Skin RefinisherIdealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

3.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Acetyl Glucosamine, Sodium Lactobionate, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Yeast Extract, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Fruit Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Amorphophallus Konjac Root Powder, Caffeine, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Coriandrum Sativum (Coriander), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit California), Cholesterol, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Squalane, Polyethylene, Isopentyldiol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 20, Pantethine, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Polysorbate 80, Peg-8, Ethyl 2,2-Dimethylhydrocinnamal, Phospholipids, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Butylene Glycol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Sodium Glycyrrhetinate, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene, Linalool, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide.

on 7/1/2018 7:44:00 PM

I love Estee Lauder products! I bought this after an Estee Lauder sales girl suggested it would help diminish the size of my pores, and even out my skin tone. This serum is so smooth and silky feeling! It has the consistency of a primer, but it doesn't just "sit" on the skin's surface. It absorbs quickly and is not greasy or heavy feeling. Idealist pore minimizer makes a great base for foundation, making it glide on evenly.

I will admit that at first, I wasn't sure if this stuff was working. I broke out on my chin and forehead for the first week after using, but I do have fairly sensitive skin too. It took some time to see the results, about 3/4 of a large bottle to be exact. Just when I was starting to get frustrated, thinking I had wasted my money, I started noticing my pores were shrinking!! My overall skin tone improved. The blemishes disappeared. My skin is now soft and smooth.

The only "negative" for me is the price, but it is less expensive than a lot of other department store brands. Also, the fragrance might be a little strong or irritating if you have sensitive skin (I love the way it smells though).

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have used Idealist since it was first introduced many years ago. An Estee Lauder rep at a department store gave my friend and I a sample to try, and as soon as I felt how silky it was on my skin, I was sold.

I have very enlarged pores from years of oily, acne-prone skin, and this is the only product I have found that truly softens and improves the texture of my skin. Not only does it help reduce pores, it eliminates dry, flaky patches as well. I rarely use a moisturizer, as Idealist does the trick for me. It leaves a velvety-soft matte texture that is a perfect primer for make-up. If I ever try to go without Idealist, I am amazed at how much rougher my skin feels, and how make-up "drags" rather than gliding on smoothly.

Idealist has been my #1 beauty staple for too many years to count! I just purchased the large size once again, and though it's pricey, a little goes a long way and usually lasts me nearly a year. Guess that will have to suffice until they come out with the gallon-jug size!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I'm not a big make up wearer but when I do, this has always been my go-to m/u base. I wouldn't be able to use this daily even if I wanted to as the silicones in it (first 3 ingredients after 'water') would wreak havoc with my skin, and I should know as have tried using for a whole week and that didn't end so well! My mum recommended this to me initially and she has been using for quite a number of years. I do read a lot of reviews online about it helping with pores and flakiness but neither of us have found it helps with those concerns but as a m/u base you can't go wrong as skin is left silky smooth and everything just goes on s much better. For occasional use I would repurchase this and have done so in the past.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 4/23/2018 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Idealist is a great product. It's sort of a hybrid between a makeup primer and a serum. I like it because it's not silicone heavy, but it leaves a smooth finish. (Excessive silicones makes me break out.) Idealist sort of takes your skin to the next level, and I think it's worth every penny.

To use: I apply in the morning after I cleanse and tone. (I don't use this at night.) Two pumps is all I need for my face and neck. I apply moisturizer and eye cream afterwards. The results are silky smooth skin with less visible pores. It leaves a slightly matte finish and blurs imperfections. It's an amazing product, and I only hope I can continue to afford it!

on 7/17/2017 8:26:00 AM

It's my 4th day of using this product together with the other EL skincare products and I'm thankful that I didn't break out. I wasn't able to get a sample of this so it was a risk for me to spend a lot for this. I use this day and night, the instruction didn't say that it was only for morning use so when I asked them (EL Facebook) about it, I was told that it's only for morning use. Is it a great product? not really, but I really like how my skin feels after applying it and I don't need to use any other primer because this is already one and it's a skincare product. Does it minimize pores? not really, but I like how less noticeable it is or it doesn't look awful to have huge pores. Would I repurchase? maybe.

on 6/26/2017 6:46:00 AM

I have used this for years. I apply before moisturizer on my nose and cheeks. This stuff really minimizes my pores. Years ago, I was driving and it was very bright and sunny. My daughter was quite puzzled because she noticed my pores. I realized that I forgot to use the product. Wow, I thought, it must really work! I now never miss a day. I have small pores, so not sure how it will work for larger ones. The price is steep, but a little goes a long way and will last for months if you use it only in those areas that need it. If you are using this to shrink your pores, then this product is not for you. It has to be used daily and once it's washed off, the effect will be gone too.

I love that product! When my face sucks because of redness, pimples and black spots I use this product before i sleep at night. In the morning my skin looks amazing! An other skin. I have my second bottle now. It is pricey but from internet is much cheaper!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have very sensitive skin and I'm buying this since 2000. It's amazing, I never had any problem with it, just benefits. I don't have large pores, but I love how silky smooth my skin looks and feels after using this serum.
But don't think about it as a serum, it's actually hands down best primer. I find it to be a perfect makeup base that allows flawless application of whatever goes on top of it.
Hope it will be never discontinued.

P.S. I used to use it as a serum daily, but recently moved from tropical humid climate to Californian dry. I had combination skin, but now my skin became normal and dehydrated, using this serum twice a day makes it extremely dry.

on 10/12/2016 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the one that I thought could minimise my pores around my nose but after 4 weeks I continued using this (only in the night) i felt my skin went smooth and fresh but guess what when i saw my pores they're smaller but it has so many whiteheads it causes me broke out all over my face! I didn't realise before i knew it from Beauty pedia that it has Silicone based that makes the pore smaller!! And for me and my sensitive skin, large pores it doesn't work! I'm so disappointed for purchased this product -:( i should give it to my mom maybe it works for her! So sad that I threw a lot of money for nothing:-(

on 10/8/2016 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this product, but after a month of daily use I can tell you that it doesn't pull its weight. Everything else about this product is stellar: the packaging, the light serum feel on the skin, no scent, absorbs fast. The missing "detail" is that it doesn't make pores look more refined, which is what I need it to do. Back to Sephora it goes!