Estée Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

Estée Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher
Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin RefinisherIdealist Pore Minimizing Skin RefinisherIdealist Pore Minimizing Skin RefinisherIdealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

3.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Acetyl Glucosamine, Sodium Lactobionate, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Yeast Extract, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Fruit Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Amorphophallus Konjac Root Powder, Caffeine, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Coriandrum Sativum (Coriander), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit California), Cholesterol, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Squalane, Polyethylene, Isopentyldiol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 20, Pantethine, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Polysorbate 80, Peg-8, Ethyl 2,2-Dimethylhydrocinnamal, Phospholipids, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Butylene Glycol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Sodium Glycyrrhetinate, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene, Linalool, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide.

on 12/9/2018 11:25:00 PM

I never actually bought this product to try on my face but I have However tested out on my hands whenever they got dry while shopping in Macy's! LOL! I personally think this serum is way overpriced for what it's really worth! Which I think is basically a primer like product just full of silicones in it to give you just a fake sensorial feeling of silkyness that tricks you to thinking something is happening to your skin! I could imagine that if I applied this serum on my face I would get lots of clog pores Bc IOC of the heavy silicones in it ! It does feel good & smells very fresh Bc of the extcts of coriander & grapefruit in it ! Again it's just a sensorial thing ! I personally would not buy this stuff! Years ago serious skincare made a glucosamine serum that was light like water which was so much better than this expensive stuff!

on 11/19/2018 8:48:00 AM

This is a nice product but NOT worth the high price. I bought the 30ml size and after using it after cleansing once a day for nearly 2 months I have not noticed a difference in my skin in the areas I have been watching the most, e.i. my T zone. It smells nice but kinda smells like Earl Grey tea.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

I have used Idealist since it was first introduced many years ago. An Estee Lauder rep at a department store gave my friend and I a sample to try, and as soon as I felt how silky it was on my skin, I was sold.

I have very enlarged pores from years of oily, acne-prone skin, and this is the only product I have found that truly softens and improves the texture of my skin. Not only does it help reduce pores, it eliminates dry, flaky patches as well. I rarely use a moisturizer, as Idealist does the trick for me. It leaves a velvety-soft matte texture that is a perfect primer for make-up. If I ever try to go without Idealist, I am amazed at how much rougher my skin feels, and how make-up "drags" rather than gliding on smoothly.

Idealist has been my #1 beauty staple for too many years to count! I just purchased the large size once again, and though it's pricey, a little goes a long way and usually lasts me nearly a year. Guess that will have to suffice until they come out with the gallon-jug size!

on 9/24/2018 4:26:00 AM

It is a lovely serum that doubles as a primer too.

It has a silky-matte finish that has some oil controlling function too.

The formula is silicone-in-water emulsion and contains two silicone oils and a silicone elastomer. The silicone elastomer is the culprit when it comes to clogged pores for some due to that it is occlusive. It can unfortunately also trigger cystic acne and one should be careful if prone to acne.
Silicone elastomers have also the use as an excellent non-drying blurring agent that immediately will temporarily transform all skin surfaces into a more perfect version of themselves without the use of colour cosmetics. Double also as the perfect primer under foundation/coloured day cream etc.

Unfortunately the product is sold for all skin types. While all skin types will appreciate its finish, oilier skin types will incline to like it the most.

It does contain an impressive array of actives (anti-oxidants and cell communicating ingredients) and also some excellent mild exfoliating agents in a higher concentration that also have documented effect (Acetyl Glucosamine, Sodium Lactobionate in 1% concentration each?).
Clinique has a corresponding formula that is marketed as Turnaround Serum but this serum is emulsified by a silicone emulsifier (or rather a mix of two), while the Idealist (being an older formulation) is emulsified and stabilized by two oil-in-water polymeric emulsifiers. This will give Idealist the perception of a lighter feel at application also.

It contains Methyldihydrojasmonate, Limonene and Linalool that are used as the fragrance material. (Can cause allergic reactions.)

Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Acetyl Glucosamine, Sodium Lactobionate, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Fruit Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract\Extrait D'Orge, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Amorphophallus Konjac Root Powder, Caffeine, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Coriandrum Sativum (Coriander), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit California), Cholesterol, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Squalane, Polyethylene, Isopentyldiol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 20, Pantethine, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Polysorbate 80, Peg-8, Ethyl 2,2-Dimethylhydrocinnamal, Phospholipids, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Butylene Glycol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Sodium Glycyrrhetinate, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene, Linalool, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891) continued >>

on 9/12/2018 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've been using ANR until the Estee Lauder counter introduced this for my enlarged pore.
Upon applying the serum there's usually some runny gel like excess on my face.
After finishing half a bottle, the pores on my face were seriously clogged, with visible white bumps, some up tp ~2mm diametre (yes that big!). No breakout, but you can see that the face is not smooth..like i'm having some permanent goosebumps.
Stopped using and thrown away the other half. Switch back to ANR and signed up for a facial program to perform extraction on the clogged pores, now it's back to normal. It was a nightmare

on 7/1/2018 7:44:00 PM

I love Estee Lauder products! I bought this after an Estee Lauder sales girl suggested it would help diminish the size of my pores, and even out my skin tone. This serum is so smooth and silky feeling! It has the consistency of a primer, but it doesn't just "sit" on the skin's surface. It absorbs quickly and is not greasy or heavy feeling. Idealist pore minimizer makes a great base for foundation, making it glide on evenly.

I will admit that at first, I wasn't sure if this stuff was working. I broke out on my chin and forehead for the first week after using, but I do have fairly sensitive skin too. It took some time to see the results, about 3/4 of a large bottle to be exact. Just when I was starting to get frustrated, thinking I had wasted my money, I started noticing my pores were shrinking!! My overall skin tone improved. The blemishes disappeared. My skin is now soft and smooth.

The only "negative" for me is the price, but it is less expensive than a lot of other department store brands. Also, the fragrance might be a little strong or irritating if you have sensitive skin (I love the way it smells though).

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm not a big make up wearer but when I do, this has always been my go-to m/u base. I wouldn't be able to use this daily even if I wanted to as the silicones in it (first 3 ingredients after 'water') would wreak havoc with my skin, and I should know as have tried using for a whole week and that didn't end so well! My mum recommended this to me initially and she has been using for quite a number of years. I do read a lot of reviews online about it helping with pores and flakiness but neither of us have found it helps with those concerns but as a m/u base you can't go wrong as skin is left silky smooth and everything just goes on s much better. For occasional use I would repurchase this and have done so in the past.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 4/23/2018 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Idealist is a great product. It's sort of a hybrid between a makeup primer and a serum. I like it because it's not silicone heavy, but it leaves a smooth finish. (Excessive silicones makes me break out.) Idealist sort of takes your skin to the next level, and I think it's worth every penny.

To use: I apply in the morning after I cleanse and tone. (I don't use this at night.) Two pumps is all I need for my face and neck. I apply moisturizer and eye cream afterwards. The results are silky smooth skin with less visible pores. It leaves a slightly matte finish and blurs imperfections. It's an amazing product, and I only hope I can continue to afford it!

on 7/17/2017 8:26:00 AM

It's my 4th day of using this product together with the other EL skincare products and I'm thankful that I didn't break out. I wasn't able to get a sample of this so it was a risk for me to spend a lot for this. I use this day and night, the instruction didn't say that it was only for morning use so when I asked them (EL Facebook) about it, I was told that it's only for morning use. Is it a great product? not really, but I really like how my skin feels after applying it and I don't need to use any other primer because this is already one and it's a skincare product. Does it minimize pores? not really, but I like how less noticeable it is or it doesn't look awful to have huge pores. Would I repurchase? maybe.