Almay Intense i-Color Bring Out the Brown in Purple Amethyst

Almay Intense i-Color Bring Out the Brown in Purple Amethyst
shanghai express, tea rose, amethyst, bordeauxlineIntense i-Color Bring Out the Brown in Purple Amethyst

3.8

on 11/29/2016 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

I used to LOVE this eyeliner a few years ago and recently picked it up again. I guess they changed the formula or I became sensitive to an ingredient or something. Any time I use it now I get a severe allergic reaction that swells up my eyes, causes discharge, and turns them bright red. It's absolutely awful, can't use Almay products anymore.

I think it's Carmine, an ingredient used for red pigments. Other brands of purple eyeliner (Stila - black amethyst, for example) have had similar effects on me.

on 11/6/2016 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This eyeliner was easy to apply, which was the only good thing about the eyeliner. The color was ok but it did not make my eyes 'pop'. The worst thing about this eyeliner is that it did not last long! It faded within the hour I applied this eyeliner. NYX and Urban Decay make way better purple eyeliners that last a long time.

on 1/30/2014 10:11:00 PM

Great color that really brings out my eyes. It glides very smoothly and the pigmentation is light, but you can easily layer it on for a deeper purple. The only con for me is its lack of lasting power. It tends to travel down my eyes easily, but I usually just dab the excess off every now and then. I would buy this again and recommend it to others.

on 12/19/2013 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I founds these eyeliners to be exceptionally good. My reasons may not fit everyone else's, though. My mission was to find a liner, in pencil form, (which is my favourite) that was very smooth and glided on easily without tugging. I didn't want something dry that would pull on the lid. Staying power, although very good, was not that important to me because I put eye shadow over the liner to keep it in place. So this liner is a winner! The only draw back is that the pencil is not that big, so mine will need to be replaced soon.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

its not the best eyeliner. pretty hard to describe. I dont love but i dont hate

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I like the color, the wear and the way it applies; just a solid product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a good coloured eyeliner...not awesome, not inadequate, but just good. I do have to apply a couple of swipes for the opacity I want and it doesn't apply well onto the waterline. I agree with another reviewer who said that it's dark enough to be work-appropriate, but pigmented enough that a lovely jewel-toned purple is apparent. The sharpener is adequate. Might repurchase in other colors, but the purple will last me a while. Haven't bad any smudging issues with this one, either.

on 5/14/2012 2:34:00 PM

I have this color and the Raisin Quartz and unfortunately I have to give both a thumbs down. While I really love the color of each and I think they're very affordable, there is absolutely NO staying power. I'm really disappointed in these. Even when I put on a lid primer these fade away very quickly.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE this! It glides on sooo smooth, doesn't skip, lasts all day and it's a gorgeous color. Next time I'm at the store I'm going to pick up some of the other colors. I will definitely be repurchasing this. :)

on 3/21/2012 12:39:00 PM

I really enjoy wearing this color on my light brown eyes. I love Almay's general black eyeliner (the only one I have used for eight years) and I love this ALMOST as much. The only downside for me is that the day after I wear it my eyes become very red! This surprised me because I sleep with the black Almay liner on more than half the time and I never have any irritation. Other than that, this liner is every bit as perfect as Almay's black liner: smooth, pigmented, long-lasting and easy to apply (and sometimes on sale!).