Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer - New Formula 2011

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer - New Formula 2011
Tinted Moisturizer - New Formula 2011Tinted Moisturizer - New Formula 2011Tinted Moisturizer - New Formula 2011Tinted Moisturizer - New Formula 2011Tinted Moisturizer - New Formula 2011

3.3

OCTINOXATE 7.50 [] TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.00 ingredients: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED [] PHENYL TRIMETHICONE [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAOCTANOATE [] SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL [] PETROLATUM [] BIOSACCHARIDE GUM - 1 [] STEARETH-21 [] GLYCERYL STEARATE [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE [] ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN [] CETYL ALCOHOL [] ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER [] PEG-12 DIMETHICONE [] ISOHEXADECANE [] LECITHIN [] XANTHAN GUM [] STEARETH-2 [] POTASSIUM STEARATE [] CITRIC ACID [] FRAGRANCE (PARFUM) [] LIMONENE [] LINALOOL [] BENZYL SALICYLATE [] POLYSORBATE 80 [] DISODIUM EDTA [] BHT [] SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE [] PHENOXYETHANOL [] METHYLPARABEN [] PROPYLPARABEN [] BUTYLPARABEN [] ISOPROPYLPARABEN [] ISOBUTYLPARABEN [] [ /-(MAY CONTAIN) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]

on 4/21/2013 8:45:00 PM

I love this tinted moisturizer. It's the perfect color for my light skin and feels lovely on my dry skin. It evens out my skin tone and lasts a good amount of time. The scent is also AMAZING. Great product for those who love tinted moisturizers!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have been trying several BB Creams and Tinted Moisturizers, love MUA for the swaps ;) This one in particular is a new fave. It is light, yet provides nice coverage, doesn't make me greasy later on, and did not break me out. I like that there are so many options out there, and this one is higher up on my list. Great and would purchase again.

on 11/25/2011 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This WAS HG for me for a very long time until it was reformulated. I turned to it years ago when I was fed up with trying to find a foundation to match my fair, yellow undertoned-skin that was sensitive, dry and combo, this stuff was great for so long.

However, the new formulation is a disaster for me. Let me count thy ways:

1) The colors have changed, I was "medium" but now the medium is a deep dark yellow on me (hello jaundice!). There is a light-to-medium color but that's too light and chalky.
2) Speaking of chalky, the old formula used to dry to a nice, dewey finish (sometimes a little too much at times, I'll be honest) but the new formulation dries to a dull, powdery finish which exaggerates my already dry nose and cheeks.
3) The old formula was more of a light, dewey foundation on me than it was a tinted moisturizer. I feel like this is way thinner with ZERO coverage. I used to use my skunk brush to blend the old formula but the new formulation just streaks across my face, like a cheap sunscreen.
4. The old formula was the ONLY moisturizer I used or needed, the new formula doesn't feel like it moisturizes at all, in fact, I felt it was rather drying.
5. The old formula stayed put ALL day for me, even when I ran outside in 100 degrees in the summertime, this stuff stayed put. Since I could barely see this one my face, I don't even know if it was staying on all day because it never looked like I had anything on, it was invisible.

I tried the new formula in both the regular and the new oil-free variant. For me, the oil-free was the worse of the two because it was way too matte, which would probably be ideal for oilier types.

The price is still $40 a tube which I never used to flinch at in the past because it was so wonderful but unfortunately, I returned both versions back to the store. The search continues for the perfect TM...

I read on beautypedia that the old and new formula are nearly identical, the main difference in the new one is the exclusion of parabens and BHT, Here are the ingredients for both:

2010 version:
Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Titanium Dioxide 3%. Purified water, phenyl trimethicone, butylene glycol, pentaerythriyl tetractanoate, simmondsia chinesis (jojoba seed oil), petrolatum, biosaccharide gum 1, Steareth-21, glyceryl stearate, sodium hylauronate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethyl methacrylate, magnesium aluminum silicate, ethylhexyglycerin, cetyl alcohol, acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethylaurate copolymer, PEG-12 dimethicone, isohexadecane, lecithin, xanthan gum, steareth-2, potassium stearate, citric acid, fragrance, limonene, linalool, benzyl salicylate, polysorbate 80, disodium EDTA, BHT, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, proplyparaben, butylparaben, isopropylparaben, isobutylparaben, iron oxides.

Spring 2011+ version:
Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Titanium Dioxide 3%, Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Petrolatum, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Steareth-21, Glyceryl Sterate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Steareth-2, Potassium Stearate, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Polysorbate 80, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

I also see that Caprylyl Glycol, a plant derived conditioning agent is also added to the 2011 version. So, the mystery remains as to why the newer version breaks me out like crazy and looks terrible. I'm seriously baffled. My only guess would be that my skin just loved all those parabens lol.

Update Feb 2017:
There is a new version of this called "Nude Finish Tinted Moisturizer," the ingredients looks nearly identical to the 2011 version:

Water
polysorbate 80
disodium EDTA
phenoxyethanol
sorbic acid
+/- titanium dioxide (ci 77891)
iron oxides (ci77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)
iln33789