Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer - New Formula 2011

Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer - New Formula 2011
Tinted Moisturizer - New Formula 2011Tinted Moisturizer - New Formula 2011Tinted Moisturizer - New Formula 2011Tinted Moisturizer - New Formula 2011Tinted Moisturizer - New Formula 2011

3.3

OCTINOXATE 7.50 [] TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.00 ingredients: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED [] PHENYL TRIMETHICONE [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAOCTANOATE [] SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL [] PETROLATUM [] BIOSACCHARIDE GUM - 1 [] STEARETH-21 [] GLYCERYL STEARATE [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE [] ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN [] CETYL ALCOHOL [] ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER [] PEG-12 DIMETHICONE [] ISOHEXADECANE [] LECITHIN [] XANTHAN GUM [] STEARETH-2 [] POTASSIUM STEARATE [] CITRIC ACID [] FRAGRANCE (PARFUM) [] LIMONENE [] LINALOOL [] BENZYL SALICYLATE [] POLYSORBATE 80 [] DISODIUM EDTA [] BHT [] SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE [] PHENOXYETHANOL [] METHYLPARABEN [] PROPYLPARABEN [] BUTYLPARABEN [] ISOPROPYLPARABEN [] ISOBUTYLPARABEN [] [ /-(MAY CONTAIN) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]

The first time i wore this it was really perfect on my skin and everyone complimented how good my skin looked until i came home to see big two pimples! i was surprised and i even didn't think it was because of this TM, But sadly after using it for a couple more days i broke out really really BADLY. I'm so disappointed because it looks really good on my skin but did not suit me.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Didn't break me out (unlike oil-free version) however, it just couldn't deal with my oily T-zone :(

Over all, performed about the same as the oil-free version (great coverage, finish, and application), but my face became slick after 3-4 hours.

on 7/16/2013 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I had high hopes for this product but i was sorely disappointed. My biggest problem with this being that it becomes blotchy by noon. By end of day, my complexion looks really uneven, spoltchy, and as a result i look really tired and horrible. It's too bad because I thought this would be a great cheaper alternative to my HG tinted moisturizer 'La Mer Fluid Tint in Light', but it's not. I'll stick to La Mer Fluid Tint. Btw, I used 'Extra Light' in this tinted moisturizer (and I'm about NC 20).

on 5/2/2012 4:20:00 PM

Misnamed: definitely delivers as a foundation and not a TM. Shades tend to oxidize and darken post-application as skin warms up. Sits on top of skin creating a 'made-up' look. Prone to transferring. What's to like?

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Totally gutted. Previous formulation was my HG but this is just not the same. Colours are totally different and aside from that consistency is different also.

I was Light Tint before and now that's too dark and Extra Light Tint is too pale and doesn't provide any coverage at all.

I also preferred the previous packaging as the tube was shorter and fit in a little make-up bag for when I went out. Sales assistants told me that lots of people complained about the previous packaging as it leaked. I never had any problems with it but I don't care about the packaging really if it's a good product.

Really annoyed also that when I bought this and commented on the new packaging the assistant at the Bobbi counter didn't mention that formulation or colours had changed. I didn't try it out before buying because I thought it was the same product I already owned.

If anybody from BB keeps an eye on reviews here please please switch back to the old formulation.

on 11/30/2011 2:32:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

For some reason this was sold at Holt Renfrew without any ingredients list, neither on the packaging or inside the box. The SA assured me this didn't have silicones in it. Turns out the second ingredient is a silicone, which my skin hates in large doses. After two days of wearing this I started to break out with deep, large pimples. My skin is normally very clear. Only products heavy with silicones give me these kinds of pimples.

I was matched to "Light Tint". When first applied it's wearable (a touch too dark perhaps) but this oxidizes a lot, becoming more orange toned and dark over time. After it oxidizes my skin tone looks ruddy and uneven. Terrible!

It wasn't hydrating either. The tube packaging is nice. That's about the only good thing I can say about this.

In short: pore clogging and oxidizes to an unflattering colour for me.

on 11/25/2011 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This WAS HG for me for a very long time until it was reformulated. I turned to it years ago when I was fed up with trying to find a foundation to match my fair, yellow undertoned-skin that was sensitive, dry and combo, this stuff was great for so long.

However, the new formulation is a disaster for me. Let me count thy ways:

1) The colors have changed, I was "medium" but now the medium is a deep dark yellow on me (hello jaundice!). There is a light-to-medium color but that's too light and chalky.
2) Speaking of chalky, the old formula used to dry to a nice, dewey finish (sometimes a little too much at times, I'll be honest) but the new formulation dries to a dull, powdery finish which exaggerates my already dry nose and cheeks.
3) The old formula was more of a light, dewey foundation on me than it was a tinted moisturizer. I feel like this is way thinner with ZERO coverage. I used to use my skunk brush to blend the old formula but the new formulation just streaks across my face, like a cheap sunscreen.
4. The old formula was the ONLY moisturizer I used or needed, the new formula doesn't feel like it moisturizes at all, in fact, I felt it was rather drying.
5. The old formula stayed put ALL day for me, even when I ran outside in 100 degrees in the summertime, this stuff stayed put. Since I could barely see this one my face, I don't even know if it was staying on all day because it never looked like I had anything on, it was invisible.

I tried the new formula in both the regular and the new oil-free variant. For me, the oil-free was the worse of the two because it was way too matte, which would probably be ideal for oilier types.

The price is still $40 a tube which I never used to flinch at in the past because it was so wonderful but unfortunately, I returned both versions back to the store. The search continues for the perfect TM...

I read on beautypedia that the old and new formula are nearly identical, the main difference in the new one is the exclusion of parabens and BHT, Here are the ingredients for both:

2010 version:
Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Titanium Dioxide 3%. Purified water, phenyl trimethicone, butylene glycol, pentaerythriyl tetractanoate, simmondsia chinesis (jojoba seed oil), petrolatum, biosaccharide gum 1, Steareth-21, glyceryl stearate, sodium hylauronate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethyl methacrylate, magnesium aluminum silicate, ethylhexyglycerin, cetyl alcohol, acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethylaurate copolymer, PEG-12 dimethicone, isohexadecane, lecithin, xanthan gum, steareth-2, potassium stearate, citric acid, fragrance, limonene, linalool, benzyl salicylate, polysorbate 80, disodium EDTA, BHT, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, proplyparaben, butylparaben, isopropylparaben, isobutylparaben, iron oxides.

Spring 2011+ version:
Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Titanium Dioxide 3%, Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Petrolatum, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Steareth-21, Glyceryl Sterate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Steareth-2, Potassium Stearate, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Polysorbate 80, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

I also see that Caprylyl Glycol, a plant derived conditioning agent is also added to the 2011 version. So, the mystery remains as to why the newer version breaks me out like crazy and looks terrible. I'm seriously baffled. My only guess would be that my skin just loved all those parabens lol.

Update Feb 2017:
There is a new version of this called "Nude Finish Tinted Moisturizer," the ingredients looks nearly identical to the 2011 version:

Water
polysorbate 80
disodium EDTA
phenoxyethanol
sorbic acid
+/- titanium dioxide (ci 77891)
iron oxides (ci77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)
iln33789

on 11/8/2011 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I really had to try the tinted moisturizer new formula since it had very good reviews. The color match is great, but the coverage is not there. I didn't even out my skin or cover the basic redness around the nose. I tried building coverage by layering to no avail. Unfortunately, this has to be returned.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have my doubts about this TM. It has a dewy natural coverage. The color is a little bit too yellow, I believe that I have it in the shade Light to Medium but since the color is a little bit too yellow I don't use it so much. The consistancy is good but it isn't worth the high price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Works like a tinted moisturizer but can provide quite decent coverage if used with a kabuki brush, depends on your application technique. I usually used this as a base and then follow up with a concealor on my zits or hyperpigmentation. In terms of performance, it is nothing special or groundbreaking, something you can expect from a high-end cosmetics brand.

I use the oil-free formula as I have oily skin, it dries quite matte but I still have to use an oil blotter perhaps after about 5 hours. Decent staying power.

Only really good thing I can think of: It hasn't broken me out (yet).

However, I think it works just OKAY, and is really just an average...definitely not worth the price at all - paid $63 in Singapore. I will not repurchase because I'm confident I can get a similar (or even better product) for cheaper.