MAC Fluidline Silverstroke

Fluidline Silverstroke

3.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've had issues with smudging with the fluid lines, but my main issue here is the lack of pigment. The colour is too subtle to work as an eyeliner, and even if you apply a thick line and go over it a few times, it still looks more like silver eyeshadow than liner. I can see why MAC no longer sell this.

on 12/11/2010 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I love fluidlines in general I use use blacktrack daily, as far as silverstroke is concerned I wear it on the lower inner rim of my eyes for that little sparkle. It does take a bit of trickery to go on smoothly there to not look clumpy but it speads. Against my nw45 complexion it looks amazing and brings my eyes to life ! Im just not that into silver to repurchase

on 9/19/2009 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm usually a HUGE fan of the fluidliners .. but Silverstroke definitely wasn't one of MAC's better choices. As a liner, this thing is crap ... I can't see how anyone would find this useful as an eyeliner, given how light it is. Where this shines though and what redeems it, is the ability to use this as an e/s base. In that regard, this product is easily salvaged from the dead. It makes a great shadow base for any type of silver eye look, and wears like iron when used that way. Other than that, it's not very useful and not one I could see myself using and repurchasing.

on 8/5/2009 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I hope this is discontinued because it is a total waste of money.

It does not deliver a nice line as it is too watery, it does not stay on well for the same reason.

I found I can use it as an evening base, with a light silver ES on top and then and only then can it deliver "something".

Not the best gel liner from MAC..don't buy if you find it!

I was really hoping for a lovely opaque silver liner for smokey eyes and the like, but this totally does not deliver. I've used other MAC fluidlines and this is not up to par with them. It has hardly any pigmentation on my NC15 skin (more just a shimmer sort of look unless caked on), doesn't have great staying power and is very gel like and much softer than my other fluidlines (making it harder to apply well and get on the brush). Yes, I probably can use this as a silver eyeshadow base, but I didn't buy it for that and I would get something that would do that job better if that's what I'd wanted. :(

on 3/30/2009 11:55:00 AM

Silverstroke is a beautiful light metallic silver grey shade. It goes on smoothly like other fluidlines. The color is lighter than I expected but still gorgeous. I wore it on my upper lashline over Dark Soul pigment with NYX charcoal pearl pigment applied lightly to the brow bone. Beautiful! Silverstroke is the perfect accent to my smokey eye look.

on 9/1/2008 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

It's not nearly as pigmented as other fluidliners so I don't like it for lining my eyes, which was what I bought it for.
It does work well as a silver base though - it's easy to apply and blend out.

on 5/20/2008 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

While there are a lot of negative reviews for Silverstroke, I actually really like it. It doesn't have the same consistency or color payoff as other fluidlines, but its for those particular reasons that I love it. I don't use it to line my eyes often, but it works great as a base for my shadows. Its texture makes it easy to blend and thinly spread over my lids. Once I apply a shadow over it, the silver peeks through for a subtle look. A look I've done more than a handful of times. Absolutely fabulous! I'm also really loving it at the moment because I picked it up at my local CCO for only $10.50. Completely worth it.

First of all, I love fluidlines. I love the texture, staying power, ease of application, and versatility. For that reason, I give it a 3 instead of a 2. This color however, is more of a 2 in my opinion. I traded for this after reading the reviews on MUA. I had read ont he MAC website that is was a rich platinum color. I wouldn't exaclty agree with that description. It is nice but not that nice. I really prefer any of my other Fluidlines simply because of the color, Now, that is not MACs fault. I just didn't know myself well enough to realize that I wouldn't wear this. It does nothing for the waterline, so I wouldn't recommend it as an eye brightener. My friend uses a gold liner slightly ABOVE her black liner and I may try doing that with silverstroke making it more of an accent than an eyeliner. I believe it could be a good eyeshadow that really stays put, but I haven't tried it that way since I have Shimma paint. I do love the packaging and the amount you get for the price is not bad. However, I am giving this to my teenager to keep in her room, and I will sneak in and borrow it if the mood strikes.

on 2/28/2008 7:31:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I swapped for thisbecause it looked neat on the MAC website, and I wanted to try it. I must say I was dissapointed at first because it shows up on my eelid quite light. I was expecting it to be a little darker. Well, I got over that pretty easily. I also think once the 1st layer dries, you could apply another over top of it and it may be darker. I need to try that. Compared to my beloved HIP cream liner [in black], this is more of a gel consistency, and you get less. I probably shouldn't be comparing drugstore to high end, but that HIP liner is out of this world! Over all, Silverstroke isn't as bad as everyone thinks.