MAC Fluidline-Rich Ground

4.4

on 6/29/2016 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the best eyeliner color especially for blue eyes! Red undertone light brown with satin finish. Not too matte, not sparkling gives a very natural look. Its pigmentation is good, easy to apply but not long wearing, needed to re-apply after few hours. It is better for daily use because it does not gives a very dramatic look. If you apply it with darker shades of brown eye shadows it may be disappeared totally. Use a very light peach or beige eyeshadow for eyelids as a base, and for apply light,warm metallic or frost finish brown shades for eyeshadow design. Nars dual intensity eyeshadow telesto is a great complimentary. Highly recommended!

on 4/24/2016 11:10:00 PM

Rich Ground is one of MAC's best fluidlines. It is not only gorgeous, it also performs! It is so easy to use, as the formula is utter perfection. It is much easier to use than Blacktrack, and unlike Blacktrack, Rich Ground doesn't have any problems with drying up. It is perfect for daytime; it's so light that you can even get away with a thick dramatic cat eye.

To Read all 176 Reviews, Login or Join

I pretty much collect the MAC fluidlines, because other than lipsticks, gel eyeliner is my weakness, and MAC has my favorite formula of them all.

Rich Ground is a gorgeous, true copper shade, shot through with a bit of red, and imbued with the perfect amount of shimmer. "Rich" is definitely the adjective that first comes to mind when I use this product. I have brown eyes and it does a great job of brightening them up, but I can only imagine what sort of magic this eyeliner does for those with blue or hazel eyes especially.

The formula is the "good" kind of Fluidline (I mean that in the way how some Fluidlines are really pigmented and creamy, and others sort of sheer out when applied). It's very smooth, densely saturated with color, and does not require any layering at all. The lasting power (as with other Fluidlines) is magnificent and it stays on flawlessly all day on my oily, hooded lids with a bit of primer and powder, of course.

If you're into eyeliners like I am, I definitely recommend you try this one out. It's foolproof, an amazing value for the money, and the little pot will last you forever because you don't need to go back and reapply. 10/10.

on 4/11/2015 3:54:00 PM

Stunning bronze colour. Really brings out/brightens the green in my dark green eyes. My first Fluidline and I will never be without it!

I really like this gel eyeliner. It is a coppery brown. I like that it's not too dark so it's easy to wear and not look overdone. I usually wear it with rubanesque paint pot by mac, RSVP cream shadow by Benefit, sin by urbane decay or naked lunch by mac. It makes blue eyes totally stand out with a peachy or pink eyeshadow. I will for 100% repurchase. Only small drawback that I see as a positive is that it's not as pigmented as some of the fluid lines. Makes it easier to blend and wear as a less dramatic look.

The fluid line pots are the only gel eyeliners in a pot I own. I normally don't like to be bothered by taking an additional step to apply eyeliner with a brush, but for these eyeliners, I will. I've had the 3 colors I own for over three years and still have plenty left--a little goes a long way and with how much is in the pot, this will last another 3 years at least! This color works well with making my blue eyes pop. It's a shimmery copper with slight orange tones. It applies with even pigment and stays put. No smudges or fading. A repurchase (assuming I run out-which won't be any time soon).

on 12/17/2013 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have used this product nearly faithfully for 8 years. I love it, it always performs and I've never had a bad batch.

I've tried several other drugstore brands in the search for a cheaper option, L'Oreal, ELF etc and in the end they don't set up fast enough, they smudge during the day, and then they dry out.

The MAC Fluidline costs $16, L'Oreal's comparable product $8. When using the L'Oreal I would have to replace it every 3-4 months, anywhere from 2-4 per year. A pot of fluidline will last 2 years+ depending on use. My current fluidline is 2.5 years old, nearly daily use and I'm thinking about replacing it only because that "feels" too old for eyeliner, despite having a rotation of 4 brushes in constant wash.

In the end the MAC Fluidline is cheaper and better than it's competitors.

on 11/15/2013 11:31:00 AM

I love this eyeliner. I have a few other fluidlines since before. It is definitely my HG gel eyeliner. The only downside is that you have to use a brush to apply it.
"Rich Ground" is a lovely shimmery copper color. Fantastic quality and staying power, easy application... Everything is great. Would definitely repurchase even though "Rich Ground" is not my favorite fluidline.

MAC Fluidline is my HG gel eyeliner. I got my jar of Blitz and Glitz in 2009 and it has lasted me over three years. A year later I picked up Rich Ground. Both apply really smoothly. I've had my jar of Delphic for four an a half years. This colour doesn't stand out on my medium complexion on its own so I use mainly for my waterline with Blitz and Glitz on my lash line.

Up until recently, Fluidline has been the only eyeliner that has stayed put all day on my combination/oily skin even on hot humid summer days!

The liner layers on thin and subtle or thick and bold (depending on the look I'm going for) with an angled eyeliner brush. I can also change the look by layering eyeshadow on top of the liner as well.

The downside of this eyeliner is that is it a gel and you have to use a brush. It can be a bit time consuming for early mornings before work. For that reason, I've recently discovered Make Up For Ever's Aqua Eyes pencils which give me a similar look but take much less time to apply. (I'm not a morning person, lol). However, when I'm not in a rush, The look and longevity of Fluidline is totally worth the effort!

I gave Fluidline a 2 for packaging because the jars are made of glass and I've dropped and cracked one of my jars a few times. The poor jar is covered in tape :(

on 1/26/2013 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I like to have many colour options available to me when I find a product that really works well for me. After having such good results with Blacktrack fluidline, I decided to purchase Rich Ground. It performs just as well as Blacktrack, smooth consistency and lasts all day both on upper lashline and waterline. It's not your average brown shade - it has a metallic sheen and is more of a coppery-bronze brown. Can be paired with brown or green eyeshadows, but don't just take my word for it, try it!