Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer SPF 20

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer SPF 20
Neutrogena Healthy Skin EnhancerHealthy Skin Enhancer SPF 20Healthy Skin Enhancer SPF 20

3.7

Active ingredients: Octinoxate (7) (Sunscreen), Octisalate (3) (Sunscreen), Titanium Dioxide (5.1) (Sunscreen) ingredients: Water, Isopropyl Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Retinol, Arginine, Olive Fruit Extract (Olea Europaea), BHT, Silica, Polysorbate 20, Sclerotium Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Erythorbic Acid, Isostearyl Palmitate, Polysilicone 11, PEG 100 Stearate, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, PEG 75 Stearate, Ceteth 20, Steareth 20, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Lauroyl Lysine

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is truly EVERYTHING bad about drugstore foundations in a bottle (or a stereotype of drugstore foundations in a bottle)! It honestly is the worst of the lot. Here's why... First of all, the "light to neutral" color I got was straight-up DARK orange. I have other things from Neutrogena in "light" and this is NOWHERE'S NEAR light. It's a dark, ORANGE tan color. Second of all, the product itself is horrible. The pump barely works, and it covers absolutely NOTHING (and I'm a fan of tinted moisturizers too!!). I honestly don't know how they continue to sell this, because if this doesn't even stick to MY dry skin, anyone with oilier skin has literally NO chance of this staying on for 5 minutes. If I could give it ZERO stars I would. I threw it right in the garbage after attempting to use this ONCE because that's where it belongs! Bed, Bath, & Beyond was kind enough to refund me though, so that's the only positive thing I have to say.

on 9/26/2018 1:25:00 PM

I recently “rediscovered” this product, after thinking that there must be something “better” for my skin.

I used this in my early 30’s, before BB creams were popular and I wanted something lighter than foundation, but still with a bit of coverage. I liked it back then, but got bored and started trying a bunch of BB creams. I forgot about this stuff for the most part.

Now in my 40’s and looking to save some money on skincare, I repurchased this and was surprised at how well this worked on more mature skin. It is one of the few tinted moisturizers that leaves your skin looking better after you use it. It has perfect light coverage, matches my skin tone well (the fair to light) and has a nice satin finish, not super unnaturally matte, and not too shiny. It actually seems to make my skin glow.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know if my skin is just too oily for this product, but it started to feel very slimy and slippery. I couldn't wait to wash this off. It also left me with little whiteheads everywhere. I think it claims to be oil free, but something in here is a nightmare for my skin. No thanks, I'll pass!

I felt like the formula was really patchy, and the light to neutral shade that I purchased had an almost orange tint.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I wear the lightest or 2nd lightest shade in all foundations. The lightest shade in this product was at least two shades too dark. The product felt nice on my skin, but definitely darkens throughout the day and doesn't have much staying power

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've been looking for a substitute for my beloved Nars Tinted Moisturizer, which costs around $43 and breaks the bank for me. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer was about $12 at my drugstore.

Neutrogena's Skin Enhancer is not a dupe for Nars TM, but it has sunscreen like Nars TM, which is a plus. I would say it's great for dry skin like mine because it is silky (albiet a little greasy). It's not as pigmented nor as creamy as Nars TM, but it does provide some coverage. Before Neutrogena's Skin Enhancer, I also tried Boots No. 7 Dual Action Tinted Moisturizer, which I found had no pigment. I use two layers on my face.

on 3/22/2017 4:32:00 PM

Unfortunately I am unable to continue using this product because I am allergic to the active ingredient titanium dioxide. However, I absolutely recommend this to anyone not allergic to this ingredient. The coverage on this is amazing: not too full coverage and looks like the classic "your skin but better" look that has become popular. All products I have used blend great over this. The foundation stays all day even in the hot sun, and gives me the confidence to go out "bare faced" on a daily basis. Nobody will ever know you're wearing makeup, but your flaws will be blurred and your skin will look beautiful! I absolutely recommend this to everyone looking for a light coverage bb cream.

on 3/21/2017 1:44:00 AM

So, I like a good full coverage when I go out at night, but during the day: I like something barely there!

So I'm trying all these new foundations.
And this one is ok. It haa Retinol which is cool.
I like the barely there coverage, it gives a fresh look. I feel that it transfers, but I'm still trying it out.

on 12/26/2016 12:14:00 PM

I've been using this for a few months and I've got to say-- I love it!!
Highly pigmented, doesn't require a lot to apply, doesn't irritate or break out my skin.

on 10/25/2016 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

The main reason for the 3/5 rating is because the lightest shade was a solid 1-2 shades too dark for me. However, this might work for those with darker skin tones. I am going to rate this on the coverage, application, and shade. I can't rate this on the feel or lasting power because I took it off a few minutes after applying, since it was just way too dark.

Notes about my skin color and type: I am very pale, but usually the lightest shade of a foundation will work for me. I have very fair, pink skin with cool/neutral undertones. My skin is combination-dry. I get an oily t-zone with a few blemishes here and there, but dry cheeks. My skin is also incredibly sensitive. I develop dry patches when I use any product that absorbs oil at all, and I break out when use any product that is moisturizing. I have freckles. I typically have problems with foundations either emphasizing dryness I didn't even know was there, or making me look like a complete greaseball.

Coverage- Actually, this was pretty decent for what I was expecting. I put this on and was very satisfied with the coverage. I would call this light- one level above sheer, but not quite medium coverage. As other people have noted, this is called an enhancer- it is not a full foundation, but probably more like a tinted moisturizer or light BB cream. I still needed to spot correct with concealer, but this did a very good job of evening out skin tone and blurring imperfections. Had the shade been much lighter, I would've found this almost perfect for wearing to work every day. However, I don't have bad skin. Those with scarring or acne issues will obviously need something with at least medium coverage.

Application- Fine. Nothing out of the ordinary. Spread pretty well over my face. I can't remember if I used my fingers or a brush.

Shade- the main reason why this didn't work for me. The lightest shade in this was wayyyyy too dark and yellow for my skin.

The reason why I'm not giving this a 1 or 2 out of 5 is because I feel it's unfair to judge a product solely on the shade. I do happen to be incredibly fair. I was disappointed that they didn't make the lightest shade fair enough, but I was very pleasantly surprised at the coverage and finish of this. Unlike other reviewers, I found this to be light (not sheer) and decent coverage.