Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer SPF 20

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer SPF 20
Neutrogena Healthy Skin EnhancerHealthy Skin Enhancer SPF 20

3.7

Active ingredients: Octinoxate (7) (Sunscreen), Octisalate (3) (Sunscreen), Titanium Dioxide (5.1) (Sunscreen) ingredients: Water, Isopropyl Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Retinol, Arginine, Olive Fruit Extract (Olea Europaea), BHT, Silica, Polysorbate 20, Sclerotium Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Erythorbic Acid, Isostearyl Palmitate, Polysilicone 11, PEG 100 Stearate, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, PEG 75 Stearate, Ceteth 20, Steareth 20, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Lauroyl Lysine

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've been looking for a substitute for my beloved Nars Tinted Moisturizer, which costs around $43 and breaks the bank for me. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer was about $12 at my drugstore.

Neutrogena's Skin Enhancer is not a dupe for Nars TM, but it has sunscreen like Nars TM, which is a plus. I would say it's great for dry skin like mine because it is silky (albiet a little greasy). It's not as pigmented nor as creamy as Nars TM, but it does provide some coverage. Before Neutrogena's Skin Enhancer, I also tried Boots No. 7 Dual Action Tinted Moisturizer, which I found had no pigment. I use two layers on my face.

on 3/22/2017 4:32:00 PM

Unfortunately I am unable to continue using this product because I am allergic to the active ingredient titanium dioxide. However, I absolutely recommend this to anyone not allergic to this ingredient. The coverage on this is amazing: not too full coverage and looks like the classic "your skin but better" look that has become popular. All products I have used blend great over this. The foundation stays all day even in the hot sun, and gives me the confidence to go out "bare faced" on a daily basis. Nobody will ever know you're wearing makeup, but your flaws will be blurred and your skin will look beautiful! I absolutely recommend this to everyone looking for a light coverage bb cream.

on 3/21/2017 1:44:00 AM

So, I like a good full coverage when I go out at night, but during the day: I like something barely there!

So I'm trying all these new foundations.
And this one is ok. It haa Retinol which is cool.
I like the barely there coverage, it gives a fresh look. I feel that it transfers, but I'm still trying it out.

on 12/26/2016 12:14:00 PM

I've been using this for a few months and I've got to say-- I love it!!
Highly pigmented, doesn't require a lot to apply, doesn't irritate or break out my skin.

on 10/25/2016 2:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

The main reason for the 3/5 rating is because the lightest shade was a solid 1-2 shades too dark for me. However, this might work for those with darker skin tones. I am going to rate this on the coverage, application, and shade. I can't rate this on the feel or lasting power because I took it off a few minutes after applying, since it was just way too dark.

Notes about my skin color and type: I am very pale, but usually the lightest shade of a foundation will work for me. I have very fair, pink skin with cool/neutral undertones. My skin is combination-dry. I get an oily t-zone with a few blemishes here and there, but dry cheeks. My skin is also incredibly sensitive. I develop dry patches when I use any product that absorbs oil at all, and I break out when use any product that is moisturizing. I have freckles. I typically have problems with foundations either emphasizing dryness I didn't even know was there, or making me look like a complete greaseball.

Coverage- Actually, this was pretty decent for what I was expecting. I put this on and was very satisfied with the coverage. I would call this light- one level above sheer, but not quite medium coverage. As other people have noted, this is called an enhancer- it is not a full foundation, but probably more like a tinted moisturizer or light BB cream. I still needed to spot correct with concealer, but this did a very good job of evening out skin tone and blurring imperfections. Had the shade been much lighter, I would've found this almost perfect for wearing to work every day. However, I don't have bad skin. Those with scarring or acne issues will obviously need something with at least medium coverage.

Application- Fine. Nothing out of the ordinary. Spread pretty well over my face. I can't remember if I used my fingers or a brush.

Shade- the main reason why this didn't work for me. The lightest shade in this was wayyyyy too dark and yellow for my skin.

The reason why I'm not giving this a 1 or 2 out of 5 is because I feel it's unfair to judge a product solely on the shade. I do happen to be incredibly fair. I was disappointed that they didn't make the lightest shade fair enough, but I was very pleasantly surprised at the coverage and finish of this. Unlike other reviewers, I found this to be light (not sheer) and decent coverage.

on 10/4/2016 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I purchased this as a back-up to my IT Cosmetics CC+ cream and I'm happy with the product. The consistency is similar to my CC+ cream but the coverage is definitely more sheer. That said, it does even out the skin tone and provides a decent amount of moisture, which I expect given it's a BB/CC cream. The shade range does leave something to be desired, though. I can find my shade easily, but my deeper toned sisters have trouble, but I believe Neutrogena is actively addressing this issue - I certainly hope so as Kerri Washington is the face of the brand.

Anyhow, there is no discernible scent to the product; the pump and plastic packaging is actually really nice as I can get clumsy and have a tendency to drop everything on my concrete floors! A little bit goes a very long way, so you don't need much - just remember this is NOT foundation - it's a true BB/CC cream, so don't expect full or even medium coverage from this product.

Overall, I am very pleased and if I ever need to repurchase, I definitely will.

I've used this for about three days now and I love it! Super natural. Doesn't offer a ton of coverage but it makes your skin look way better overall. I tend to get oily in my T-zone but I don't even set this with powder and I just glow! Love that it doesn't make me me an oil slick. Definitely recommend

I bought this in the shade fair/light. I love the fact that this product contains both retinal and SPF protection! It is lightweight and sheer as stated, and feels great on my skin. It is not drying to my skin like some other products like this have been. If I want a bit more coverage at times, I mix in a couple drops of Wet n Wild Coverall Cream Foundation and the two blend seamlessly in my skin. This product is a bit more outlier than I like but sets well with powder. I grabbed it on sale at Rite Aid for just $9. I'm going to try this next time in the next darkest shade to see if it does well without mixing in another product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

First off, this isn't a foundation. It's called an enhancer for a reason. I think enhancer is a good name for it. It's very very sheer, just slightly evens you out.
It sets really well and your skin feels soft. It works well on my combo skin, and I don't need moisturizer under it.
I didn't use it long enough to vouch for its skin care properties. My big problem is that the lightest shade is waaaay too dark. Now because it's so sheer I could probably pull it off. But I'm tired of trying to make stuff work. There are too many products out there to try. If they ever make lighter shades, because this one is laughably dark, I would try it in a heartbeat. It's a beautiful product and a great idea for an all in one skin care makeup item.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I want to like this but I can't.
It is so greasy and shiny on the skin.
Slips right off my oily skin even when set with powder it does not stay on.
My skin is instantly greasy and feels like my skin cannot breathe.
I also broke out while trying to make this work.