Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer SPF 20

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer SPF 20

3.7

Active ingredients: Octinoxate (7) (Sunscreen), Octisalate (3) (Sunscreen), Titanium Dioxide (5.1) (Sunscreen) ingredients: Water, Isopropyl Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Retinol, Arginine, Olive Fruit Extract (Olea Europaea), BHT, Silica, Polysorbate 20, Sclerotium Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Erythorbic Acid, Isostearyl Palmitate, Polysilicone 11, PEG 100 Stearate, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, PEG 75 Stearate, Ceteth 20, Steareth 20, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Lauroyl Lysine

I've used this for about three days now and I love it! Super natural. Doesn't offer a ton of coverage but it makes your skin look way better overall. I tend to get oily in my T-zone but I don't even set this with powder and I just glow! Love that it doesn't make me me an oil slick. Definitely recommend

I bought this in the shade fair/light. I love the fact that this product contains both retinal and SPF protection! It is lightweight and sheer as stated, and feels great on my skin. It is not drying to my skin like some other products like this have been. If I want a bit more coverage at times, I mix in a couple drops of Wet n Wild Coverall Cream Foundation and the two blend seamlessly in my skin. This product is a bit more outlier than I like but sets well with powder. I grabbed it on sale at Rite Aid for just $9. I'm going to try this next time in the next darkest shade to see if it does well without mixing in another product.

To Read all 592 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

First off, this isn't a foundation. It's called an enhancer for a reason. I think enhancer is a good name for it. It's very very sheer, just slightly evens you out.
It sets really well and your skin feels soft. It works well on my combo skin, and I don't need moisturizer under it.
I didn't use it long enough to vouch for its skin care properties. My big problem is that the lightest shade is waaaay too dark. Now because it's so sheer I could probably pull it off. But I'm tired of trying to make stuff work. There are too many products out there to try. If they ever make lighter shades, because this one is laughably dark, I would try it in a heartbeat. It's a beautiful product and a great idea for an all in one skin care makeup item.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I want to like this but I can't.
It is so greasy and shiny on the skin.
Slips right off my oily skin even when set with powder it does not stay on.
My skin is instantly greasy and feels like my skin cannot breathe.
I also broke out while trying to make this work.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Looks SO naturally beautiful on! This stuff is gold! Recently I got this, the Mac studio waterweight serum foundation, and the mere Norman lasting foundation. All three are almost equally perfect in their own way. This one though, was half the price of the other two, but it seems to be the one ice been reaching for the most. Definitely an HG product. This stuff makes me glow. Naturally glow, not shimmer glow. My actual skin is glowing. It looks like my bare skin, only even, smooth to the touch, and looks absolutely glorious! I thought it would be too dark, even though I got the lightest shade, but it went on beautifully and the color undetectable. I love it so much I will never go without it. When it gets low I will run to buy another. Forever. Did I mention it's got retinol in it? Yeah. Bravo, Neutrogena, and thank you for making my skin so gorgeous! It's about $13. Comes in a plastic bottle, with pump. I keep in bag to keep it out of the light. Highly recommend.

on 1/7/2016 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my tried and true "foundation". HG status for sure. I believe I started using this stuff almost over 8 years ago. I have tried many different bbs, foundations, mineral powders etc and ALWAYS come back to this. The price is right and the coverage is juuuust right for me. It evens out my skin tone, covers blemishes and gives me a healthy glow without giving the intense "full face of makeup" look. I am on the oily side so I do set it with powder. The price is fantastic and as others have mentioned, the best results usually come from mixing two colors together a little bit. The SPF and retinol are fantastic bonuses for a drug store brand. If I had to have one gripe I think it would be the packaging. The plastic is cheap (surprise) and I have broken a pump or two. The clear bottle is nice because you can see how much you are using but I wish it was more opaque because it does take me a while to run through the bottles and I worry about oxidation.

on 11/10/2015 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I'm only in on my 4th day trying this. But, so far so good! I alternate between high def foundations and BB/tinted moisturizers, depending on how my skin looks that day and what I'm doing. I've been using Urban Decay BB (actually a tinted moisturizer) and wanted to try to find something just A LITTLE BIT thicker, and cheaper, lol. So far, I really like the consistency of this. I'm pretty pale with reddish spots here and there, so I have the 10, lightest shade. From reading other reviews I may get the 20 as well and mix, to be a perfect shade for better coverage. It doesn't cover really dark spots, but it's really nice for putting on if you don't need extreme coverage that day. I absolutely LOVE that it has retinol. I feel that since I've started using most of the Neutrogena products (makeup and face moisturizers) with Retinol, that my skin has dramatically changed. I'm 43, fine lines and wrinkles starting to show up, large pores, starting to get sun spots here and there coming out...using these products has made my face much more brighter and smoother looking, as well as tighter! I recommend trying all their retinol products if you dont have extremely sensitive skin, and are starting to see age hit your face like I have this past year. T_T
They are really doing wonders for me.
I will try this again. Today I mixed it with my Too Faced high def foundation Born This Way, for more coverage...they blended very well together for a smooth finish but not as thick as the foundation on its own. I'm really liking this product so far! Will review again after a couple of weeks if anything changes.

on 11/2/2015 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review might be a teensy bit premature because I've only been using this product for about a week, but so far I'm loving it so much that I couldn't help shouting from the rooftops. I've tried several tinted moisturizers, BB and CCs, and so-called 'light and natural' products (Nars, Bobbi Brown, Cover FX, Urban Decay) over the past year or so, but the performance of this little gem has blown the others out of the water.

I find the coverage to be quite good for a tinted moisturizer, but what I really enjoy is the consistency and finish, which is creamy and soft but not greasy or balmy, and the finish is what I'd call a glowy semi-matte. My skin looks radiant (not quite dewy) and it doesn't settle into fine lines or pores OR cling to my dry patches, two of my biggest pet peeves. After applying two pumps of this, I then spot conceal with high coverage concealer, and set with translucent powder. I much prefer to have a light base and spot conceal afterwards with the heavy stuff in the areas I need it. It's definitely more time consuming than just smearing on a heavy full-coverage base, but I think this method allows for a more natural and 'real' makeup look.

So far I haven't broken out from this, which is a huge plus because my my skin is very sensitive and acnegenic. I'm also tickled about the price, which is $14 at my local Walgreens, compared to what I was using before, Aveda's mineral tinted moisturizer at $30. And I much prefer the performance of this Neutrogena product to Aveda.

I really like this stuff. it has a really luxurious texture and a light coverage. it's definitely not matte, it offers a decent amount of moisture without being oily. I can see this working for any skin type unless you are very very oily, but you can always add powder.

This tinted moisturizer uniquely has retinol in it. Retinol is an anti aging ingredient that is proven to diminish the look of wrinkles, sun spots, and even acne. I love that they put retinol in it, and I wish more tinted moisturizers had anti aging ingredients in them, too. If you actually want a true BB cream, this would be it. The BB creams you see nowadays at Walgreen's or whatever don't really have anything in them to treat your skin issues.

If you're looking for good coverage, this doesn't really have great coverage. When I wear it, it evens out my skin tone and covers the redness. It's good for a natural look, you can go over your spots with concealer.

Another big plus is that is has SPF 20 in it. I don't like wearing sunscreen on my face (big surprise) so I figure this is a great alternative, and I can see myself using it every day. The scent in this product is pretty pleasant, in my opinion. Not harsh or offensive. I gave this product an overall 4 lippies just because it probably would be better with a tad bit more coverage.

I really love this. I have used a whole tube, and thought there might be something better. Nope. Covers wonderfully in a sheer "your skin but better" way. Good color match (30 in summer, 20 in winter) and feels like nothing on my sensitive skin. Love.