Conair Instant Heat 3/4 inch Curling Iron

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought this around 3 years ago, and I was totally clueless about curling irons. I didn't start using it on my own (without the help of my mother) until a year ago. It works pretty well, not so positive it lives up to its claim of heating up in 60 seconds but it heats up quite nicely. The swivel cord is very convient, but the plug unplugs SO easily, which is kinda a deal breaker for me. It works wonders working as a clipless curling iron. Like some have mentioned, the curls don't last very long. My hair is fairly fine but is easy to curl. Anyway, this has burnt me a lot! My neck, hand, finger, foot (don't ask) very easily. *sigh* It was very cheap, 10 USD if I remember correctly. This is damaging to hair as well. In need of a new curling iron.

Cheap won't get you too far when it comes to curling irons. This one is good for occasional use but regular curling just gets your hair damaged :(

I had to push my budget higher to get a Karmin G3 clipless curling iron but I'm so glad I did! Faster, smoother and shinier curls that didn't fall out within the hour like they did with this conair.

on 6/4/2010 3:29:00 AM

Great product, have bought two in my life and been SUPER happy. My only two complaints are 1.) that if you don't religiously use heat-protectant this iron can damage your hair and 2). my hair is very fine and straight, and has a hard time holding a curl, I use this iron to create ringlettes in the morning, and by the afternoon I have my desired relaxed wave, but by nighttime its back to straightsville. For the most part I have been very happy with this iron, and I think you will too!

on 3/16/2009 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Well, let me first start by saying that I have always, ALWAYS, purchased expensive curling irons from Sally's, believing them to be of superior quality and having higher heat settings (I have super coarse thick hair that requires high heat setting in order to take a curl quickly). Never again will I spend over $20-$30 on a curling iron, when this Conair is available for $9.99!!! I purchased one in the 1/2 inch barrel size, and one in the 3/4 inch barrel size to touch up and refine my naturally curly hair. When I purchased these, I was sure they wouldn't get hot enough for my super heat resistant hair...well I was wrong. They are actually BETTER than some of my other way more expensive curling irons, and that's not even using the "turbo heat" button, which adds even MORE heat. This baby gets hot in 30 seconds too! Doesn't damage my hair any more than the proff. tourmaline irons either. Excellent curling irons, and I can't believe they cost so little. Will stick with Conair from now on!

on 9/14/2005 11:31:00 PM

Love it! Great "workhorse" curling iron. Never breaks, just lose it or something, and every time I replace it with the SAME exact one, because its too good to try another one. Im stuck on it! Great product, low price. Awesome combination. Would buy again and again and again.

Popular Hair Styling Tools